eBay knockoffs

surely?

10 messages
TheEngineer    pirate
24/04/2011 at 13:49
Mellow Johnny Top/Bib shorts

Now before certain Pirates jump at the chance to own sexy white bib shorts.... surely they're knockoffs at this price, right? Are they any good?!
24/04/2011 at 14:05
Think the hint is the item location........ China ?
TheEngineer    pirate
24/04/2011 at 14:33
Yeah, figured they were... I was wondering if they're good knock offs (i.e. not the real thing but reasonable cycling gear) or carp knock offs (not much use for anything)? Might plump for some (not the white ones though) and see how I go...
24/04/2011 at 20:41
and white bib shorts?  Really, don't go there
TheEngineer    pirate
24/04/2011 at 21:00
I'm gonna plump for some black ones and see how good they are, in the name of SCIENCE!
25/04/2011 at 06:06
They come up real small...my old house mate ordered some of these Chinese jobbies.....he is normally a large in bib shorts he needed a XXL.......look good they won't last i'm afraid.
cougie    pirate
25/04/2011 at 10:35
I've a couple of pairs of the ebay tops and shorts - I reckon they come up a size smaller than you think - but to be fair - a lot of european makes are dodgy with their sizes too.  The quality on mine is fine - obviously not as good as the real stuff - but cervelo tops are about 4 times the cost of a set of ebay shorts and tops.
TheEngineer    pirate
25/04/2011 at 10:48
I figure that on a student budget, if I can make a set last half as long as a decent set, then I've got value for money. And can get more funky colours
Dustboy    pirate
25/04/2011 at 15:05
Aldi have got a new load in, got some rather good runny sock in there yesterday for 2.99. They are fine. The bike stuff is good too. Not Assos but for a tenner? Their wetties are 15 quid but appear to be surf orientated .
Kanga M    pirate
26/04/2011 at 07:55
Dustboy wrote (see)
 Their wetties are 15 quid but appear to be surf orientated .

That'll be handy for Bala when the surf gets up

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
10 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.