End of season Pirate BBQ & drink up (and bimble?!) 9September

Ah g'waaan! It'll be fun

16 messages
03/05/2012 at 16:38

(Ooh look, Chrome gets smileys!!! )

Some shady reprobates have been organising a fancy dress marafun with regular free wine stations for a couple of years.

Fancy dress, free booze and a hog roast, what more could you want?! (wonder if Shmunks has time to organise Pirate Mankini's....)

It looks like a laugh, and a good excuse to get a group together and have some fun, so who's in?

All you need to know is here; http://www.eventstolive.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9&Itemid=16

Bachuus Marathon (or Half Mara) - 9 September
Gladys - prob half, if I've sipped enough by then might go round again!

Doner Kebab    pirate
03/05/2012 at 17:08

pity its the day after the Vit - dont think ill be able to walk - wine or not 

M...eldy    pirate
03/05/2012 at 17:38

Ooooh interesting !

I shall need to check the old work schedule  

03/05/2012 at 17:51
M...eldy wrote (see)

Ooooh interesting !

I shall need to check the old work schedule  

You're busy! 

M...eldy    pirate
03/05/2012 at 17:53

You're dead  

03/05/2012 at 17:55
Doner Kebab wrote (see)

pity its the day after the Vit  

Was just thinking that myself

Bouncing Barlist    pirate
03/05/2012 at 18:39
Gazmanmeister wrote (see)
Doner Kebab wrote (see)

pity its the day after the Vit  

Was just thinking that myself

A pitty indeed.

We've often used the Vit for a bit of a end of season drinking session, go and race/support on Saturday and get trolley'd on the campsite afterwards.  I was thinking of doing the same this year?

purpletrilady    pirate
03/05/2012 at 18:42

I wont be able to run in September, so supporting the Vit is a better option for me

M...eldy    pirate
03/05/2012 at 18:47

I dont think I can get the Vit off this year, we'll still be busy with the Paralympics stuff

Trogs    pirate
03/05/2012 at 20:53

Nice one Gladys - I'll be there

Holly_Golightly    pirate
03/05/2012 at 21:11

I was talking about this little stroll earlier today.  I might be there... does depend on Vit stuff.  Are there still places at the Vit?

Dustboy    pirate
03/05/2012 at 21:33

Hmm, don't normally do social as I am a miserable git, but it is on the doorstep...

Bouncing Barlist    pirate
03/05/2012 at 21:38

I think the Vit sold out in last November, still a good laugh supporting, or could always see if we could wangle some late entry relay teams?

03/05/2012 at 22:41

Holly - I know of one place that recently became available

03/05/2012 at 22:42

We have to go to the Vit cos isn't it the GOM/Symes relay teams where you don't know the discipline you're doing until 5 mins before the race brief?

Doner Kebab    pirate
03/05/2012 at 23:10

if you keep your eyes on the vit web site they have the usual cancellations - i got in 6 weeks before the event last year - was a bit scary because i couldnt swim the distance, but it did make me learn  so i have got to do it this year so i can laugh at last years time and nervousness

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
16 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.