21 to 24 of 24 messages
25/03/2014 at 18:20

Oooh fig rolls, I hadn't thought of using those but I will do now 

OrangeCannon kona-6    pirate
28/03/2014 at 09:44
last out of the water wrote (see)
O.rangeCannon (kona-7) wrote (see)

I useit to use gels / bars / sports drink / nuun for all my long rides

now I use some sports drink, but also regularly use orange/grapefruit cordial, hot x buns, malt loaf, marmalade sandwiches, etc. I carry a couple of gels for emergencies.  Diluted coke works well for sports drink replenishment on the go.

I make rice cakes from a book called 'feed zone portables' - lots of real food ideas in there

I generally buy gels / sports drink in bulk when various sites have sales

It better be a good book, I have ordered It today in prep for Outlaw fuel 

I think its better for training than for racing

30/03/2014 at 16:25

Helpful heads-up on the fig rolls, thanks.  55p and they helped adequately fuel me for century ride yesterday (supplementing flapjack and sports drink).  Now to find a way of carrying and accessing 1/2KG of them!

30/03/2014 at 22:08

Interesting reading. It's always been a problem for me. Too many jels and unnatural foods have an undesirable effect on the digestive  system. Fig rolls sounds a good one. Soreen good but chewy on the go I'm guessing. 

Edited: 30/03/2014 at 22:09

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.