Enduroman 1st - 10th June 2012

Come on, you know you want to.

401 to 420 of 1,405 messages
purpletrilady    pirate
28/03/2012 at 09:18
less of the beasting I think!

seren nos    pirate
28/03/2012 at 16:46
he is going to work hard to stay up with us PTL........room for the bikes in the flat so they don't need to be left in the cars overnight.....

can you let me know a rough time of arrival on friday......

testing the hotwater tonight to see if it works........got to do it at night as its on some kind of economy 7 meter...

it is 21 degrees and more today..watch the snow and rain come in for the weekend
28/03/2012 at 17:23

Just make sure you chick him good and proper, Ladies

I have heard he likes a good chicking, esp from our esteemed Meldy

purpletrilady    pirate
28/03/2012 at 17:44
I was thinking of leaving her about 12:30.

it should take 3:30 hrs but given its Friday and start of school holidays I expect it will take a lot longer.

seren nos    pirate
28/03/2012 at 20:33
not school holidays in south wales or bristol........our schools stop on good friday
purpletrilady    pirate
29/03/2012 at 11:54
beginning to worry about my ability to do any training this weekend. I had to abandon my run today, my body does doesn't feel right.

I'll definitely be there though; I may just have to bale out of the bike ride early.

purpletrilady    pirate
29/03/2012 at 11:55
are we swimming in the Taff on Friday?

seren nos    pirate
29/03/2012 at 15:16
would be good if its like this.......barley won't be in till later....

or we could swim early saturday before the bikes......

my knee has been dodgy this week so went out on the buike today.......not to bad.....was only 12 miles away when i had a phonecall to go to youngest school as he was stressed.........so i had a speed session to do teh 12 miles back as fast as possible.....

there is places on the bike ride where we can shorten it and we can definitely have some rests whilst we wait for Barley
Cortina5    pirate
29/03/2012 at 17:07

For those of you heading to Leekland at the weekend, this was posted on NEWT's farcebook. May be of some interest.

Don't forget your £6 Immigration tax

If anyone is in Caerphilly this weekend Castle Bikes have their new shop opening day. It is packed full of sessions some of you might be interested in. I believe you can just turn up and attend at any point.

Below is a provisional program of talks and workshops which will be running on Saturday as part of our Grand Launch. Hope you can come along and support the event.

10.30 - Pictures from the World Cup and Q+A session with Manon Carpenter (still provisional at the moment)

11.00 MTB Bike fit with Pro Motion Dynamics
11.30 Training for a 24 hour race with Dave Buchannan

12.00 Road Bike fit with Pro Motion Dynamics

12.30 Mountainbiking in Morocco with Alistair Cope from Velo Ventures

1pm Presentation of the Plans for Van Rd Trails (still provisional)

13.30 Training for the perfect '10' with Ceri Pritchard from Fast Fwd Coaching

14.00 Road Riding in Morocco with Alistair Cope from Velo Ventures

14.30 Fixing a puncture at the roadside - Steve from castle Bikes

15.00 Gear tuning workshop - Steve from Castle Bikes

16.00 Raffle Draw and presentation of prizes for the Watt Bike challenge.

Also don't forget the Easter Egg hunt which will be running all day for the younger cyclist in your family.
29/03/2012 at 21:40

Have a great weekend. Make the most of the weather though!!

I have ridden 90 miles in the last few days all in shorts and a short sleeve top on my summer road bike. It's been bliss compared to the winter hack with all the gear on.

10 weeks to knuckle down on my limited base now!!!

Monique    pirate
30/03/2012 at 20:24

Great training and night training going on, I am a bit jealous as I loved doing it, but hey ho- hopefully not necessary for this year. Am thinking of jacking it in after the deca, I know I always say this, but I really want some hair extensions and the swimming and excessive ragging the training gives my hair they wouldn't last 5 minutes.

Been a bit poorly, but  the antibiotics should sort me out in time for Le Jog, we start on Thursday, looking forward to it.

IronM.in    pirate
30/03/2012 at 22:09
Good luck Mon - hope it goes well for you!
seren nos    pirate
01/04/2012 at 16:42
hope you get a full recovery Mon in time........

after a training weekend in Wales ..I can safely say that the doublers are going to show the double at AT what we are made of........

April is going to be a cracking month...which started with a jaunt over the mountain this morning in beautiful sunshine

this is going to be my best training month ever........
purpletrilady    pirate
01/04/2012 at 17:11

Good luck with Le Jog Mon

Barley/Seren...here is the link I was talking about

Double 

seren nos    pirate
01/04/2012 at 18:24
thanks for that link Purple.....really enjoyed reading it.read out the bits about crewing to my son and my OH......

when i read......
Crew members get involved in everything from tent-pitching, food cooking, bike mechanics, clothes drying, lights-fixing, pom-pom waving and much, much more. The best crews are cheery, resourceful, organised people that the athlete trusts.

..my son said that he thought i needed a new crew :0
seren nos    pirate
02/04/2012 at 07:39
i was going to do a long bike today then remembered i have to pick up son for hospital appointment at 1........

then i thought ok i will get out early......then remembered the cats have an appointment this morning for injections......

so mayb e a short bike.......always more hassle than a long bike

so afetr the weekend discussions...the 3 doublers want to lose half a stone in april each to aid hill work.....

as i have put on 1.75 lb last week......i will state that i will try and lose 8.75lbs.....

starting weight 11 st 6.75 lbs........to get to 10 st 12 by the end of the month will be target even with a holiday away.....
Bouncing Barlist    pirate
02/04/2012 at 10:48
Mon, hope youre feeling better for LEJOG
Bouncing Barlist    pirate
02/04/2012 at 10:51
Thanks for organising a great weekend Seren, I really really had a great time.  Lovely to get our into the Beautiful hills Sat & Sun.  Nice to see you Purple, I think we can all rest a little satisfied on our collective good training.

Now the fun starts eh, im on a big 8 week push.   I shall weigh in later but im committed to losing a stone in April.
purpletrilady    pirate
02/04/2012 at 14:52
Starting weight for me 9stone 6lb. I put on 1.5lb last week so I need to lose 8.5lbs.

Easy day for me today.

My training plan has arrived and this is what it says....

Mon: 60 min easy spin
Tues: Swim -(16 x 25, 8 x 50, 4 x 100, 2 x 200, 400, 400, 2 x 200, 4 x 100, 8 x 50, 16 x 25 all on 5 sec rest and 1 min between each block)
Wed: 2hr run morning; 2 hr run afternoon
Thurs: Swim - 500m easy warm up . MAIN SET 4 x 1k 500m easy cool down
Fri: 10 hour bike ride broken into 5 x 2hours - try to work loops to home and do 1:45 bike with 15 min rest at home to refuel/hydrate
Sat: BIKE 8pm through to 4am BRICK into 2 hour walk/run.
Sun: Sleep
Mon: BIKE 4am start for 2 hours easy riding and then RUN as per our strategy from a few weeks ago - 10 x 1 hour as 45/50 min run loops and then 10/15 min rest at home

Looks crazy to me!!

I speaking to my coach tomorrow so I may get it adapted

Daylight Baby    pirate
02/04/2012 at 15:20
Looks like very little time for chocolate egg eating which is clearly incorrect
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.