Monique    pirate
04/03/2012 at 19:35

It went like this:

Monday: swim-2,200m, bike-40 miles, run- 7 miles

Tuesday- swim-2,200m, bike-78 miles, run- 8 miles

Wednesday- swim-2,500m, bike-75 miles, run- 4 miles

Thursday-swim- 1550m, bike-36 miles, run- 4miles

Friday- swim 3000m, bike-63 miles, run- sacked it off and went to the pub

Saturday-  swim- didn't get time to fit in, bike 21 miles, run 4 miles.

My next block is broken up by a weekend away, but will be aiming for 400 miles-ish on the bike, maybe up the runs a couple of miles each. After Le Jog in April I will be upping the rundistances and dropping the cycle distances, as well as doing some acclimatising in the outdoor pool which is unheated, not relishing it much, baby steps as they say. I get boring once I get started,.

Symes    pirate
04/03/2012 at 22:19
On target for a far more comfortable time in June there Mon, nice work
seren nos    pirate
05/03/2012 at 07:51
looking a consistent block Mon......

I had another good bike week......all finding hills and on my own.2X60 miles and a 100 miler........also managed 3 runs of 8.5 miles.but no time for a swim.....

a taper week this week for my ultra on saturday which is going to hurt as I haven't got the run miles in......

Now that Barley is back from foreign climbs we can get some finalising of the details for the 16th weekend
Monique    pirate
05/03/2012 at 19:32

Cheers Symes, I know what I need to do, and I'm starting to think I might be able to make a better fist of it this time. Did I miss your final decision on what distance you are going for?

seren nos    pirate
05/03/2012 at 21:39
Just to clarify for those who have been given crap information by myself.......the welsh training weekend is 31st march/ 1st april..........

all other dates were a figment of my information
Symes    pirate
06/03/2012 at 09:22
Mon - nothing decided yet, just increasing the strength in my achilles slowly but surely, got the Outlaw booked so might just go for the half at AT as a prep race and to be there on day 10, might head down early and watch some of the fun and games though
13/03/2012 at 13:22
hellooooo folks.

impressed with Mon's last 6 day training block. Very encouraging
seren nos    pirate
13/03/2012 at 15:42
Hi TC

right .good news for the training weekend........i am having the keys to the flat up the street from this Friday ..so we can use it for the training weekend........so blow up mattresses and sleeping bags needed....3 empty rooms so lots of space.......

this is not just for those doing the double...if anyone else wants to come and play they are welcome........

for either the long bike on the saturday or the long run on the sunday...
or maybe if anyone wants a swim on the friday afternoon in the taff....

lots of floor space available......
Bouncing Barlist    pirate
14/03/2012 at 10:51
Hiya TC, are you doing the Quinn again this year or maybe the Decca?

Good planning Seren, ill be arriving Friday evening, looking forward to it
seren nos    pirate
16/03/2012 at 08:02
First cycling in the dark last night.actually enjoyed it......cheated a bit as i had a sleep before going out as i was exhausted...i now i will have to practice cycling at night tired but that will be after i get used to the cycling with lights......

learnt a lot about my light setup and really pleased with the combination......could be easily seen and i could see for miles.......
battery pack on the main beam hadn't been fully charged so it died on me on the last lap and i could see just how important that strong light was........i could still be easily seen but it was much harder for me to see the ground......

will now order some more battery packs as I am happy with the light

so only 50 miles cycled but pleased with taht as the first attempt....my 10.3 mile mapped out loop means i am never more than 3 miles from home which is useful at night ......yet still gets me a lot of riding without street lights.....some good hills and some lane cycling as well as busy

will try and get some regular night riding in
16/03/2012 at 19:16
Seren - what lights are you using?
purpletrilady    pirate
16/03/2012 at 20:09
I'm using exposure lights. I think I need to buy a spare battery pack for mine. One of my support crew also has exposure lights and is bringing a spare.(which is available for anyone to borrow in an emergency).

Seren - great to hear that your bike ride went well and its good you found a loop that keeps you close to home.

I'm lucky that there are two of us tonight so I am less worried about falling asleep.

seren nos    pirate
16/03/2012 at 20:13
i have the waterproof 900 lumens one from deal extreme that a few recommended as my main beam.......I then have my Smart one from Planet X flasing front and a red one flashing backwards.........and I have also bought some little black skull ones to put on my around about......

I was really pleased with the results.....but i need a couple of battery packs.....

looking forward to my next ride in the dark.
seren nos    pirate
16/03/2012 at 20:17
Purple.will be more fun with someone...i really did enjoy it as it was a lovely night......

will see if its as much fun in 3 weeks time when i have to cycle all night down to devon for holidays....navigating in the dark might be fun....its the bit by bristol that worries me.......

hope you have a great ride tonight...
purpletrilady    pirate
17/03/2012 at 17:36
I had a really good ride. It was much easier than expected, having company definitely helped though.

We set off at 11:30pm and I got back to my house at 6am. I then did a 90 minute run. That was really hard, my run legs don't seem to have recovered from Lanzarote. Legs were heavy and they hurt !

I was dreading riding through the night, I was really worried about falling asleep. So for me last night was a huge mental achievement.

I realized that my lights are not really bright enough on country lanes when your tired. They were fine at first but at 4 in the morning I wanted a brighter light. I'm going to get extra battery packs so that I can keep my light on high for longer.

seren nos    pirate
17/03/2012 at 17:41
these night rides are all about discovering what works..........well done that is an amazing training session....
i will do a full night one in 3 weeks time when i cycle to the caravan...leaving at midnight ....till then i will carry on trying to do shorter night rides.....

you still up for the training weekend in a fortnight....

17/03/2012 at 17:51
Seren and Purple - you are both awesome, if somewhat slightly bonkers!
Edited: 17/03/2012 at 17:52
M...eldy    pirate
17/03/2012 at 17:54
Yeah ... what she said  
purpletrilady    pirate
17/03/2012 at 17:57
Yep I'm up for training in two weeks

Schumks/M...eldy - I question my sanity on a regular basis
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.