Enduroman 1st - 10th June 2012

Come on, you know you want to.

401 to 420 of 1,549 messages
purpletrilady    pirate
18/02/2012 at 08:15
same for me. I'm planning a back to back ride this weekend. 70 miles today and 70 miles tomorrow.

Not feeling too confident at the moment!

Bouncing Barlist    pirate
18/02/2012 at 08:43
Good work, you both seem to be training well and getting in key sessions.  Keep it up.

Im just off out for what in comparison seems a lac lustre 50 or so miles, havnt much time this weekend then am away skiing from next Sat.  Will have to pick up the training with a vengence from March.
M...eldy    pirate
18/02/2012 at 10:40
Skiing Barlos? Make that cross country skiing and then it will count as training !!
Monique    pirate
18/02/2012 at 12:20

Seren,

I'm with you on the bike training logic. The course is tough, don't forget Lichfield had an out and back bike route so you saw more people and had a very good idea of how your pace was holding up against the rest of the field. Mentally AT is a be-atch because the only time you see anyone is when they pass you or you pass them, the former happened mostly for me and that was hard, the only info you got was asking crew back at the turnaround as towards the end it really felt like I was the only one out there, and very nearly was. You are right not to underestimate that. I am doing exactly like you, if push comes to shove the swim or run gets the heave ho and I maintain the cycling. Running for me is just something I can do, pretty much forever at a relative to the conditions pace- so why risk injuries trying to cram. There will be long runs done but cycling is the key. This is why on reflection I have ditched FLM, can do without the distraction.

seren nos    pirate
18/02/2012 at 13:13
I deferred London so have decided to do it.......its a weekend away for me......

and I will run it as a long slow training run and enjoy it

rain has finally come here .hoping it clearer for tomorrow long bike ride.....I was lucky to hear that the cardiff club were doing 100 miles tomorrow with 5 groups going so I can join the slowest group.
seren nos    pirate
20/02/2012 at 07:49
How did the 70/ 70 go PTL.........

I am also waiting to see how Arctic Lady got on in warmer weather........hopefully lots of training to make up for that run of illness earlier on....

I am chuffed as I got my first 100 miler in this year,,,103.5 miles and averaged 15.5mph.never gone that fast .......was in the slow group as well......we mixed with the group 4 after 40 miles as our group became so small we were taking the strong northerly wind the whole way.......was nice to mix in with the bigger group and get lost in the bunch.......still i struggled a bit on the hills.

did you get much training done in the end barley...

i will cut back on the bike a bit this week

Bouncing Barlist    pirate
20/02/2012 at 09:28
Seren,

Well done on the 100 miler, nice to get that under your belt.

I got the planned training in that id wanted, 3 hour bike on Sat and a long run on Sunday so ticking along fairly nicely. 

Awaits update from PTL
purpletrilady    pirate
20/02/2012 at 20:09
I ended up in A&E all day Sunday with my 19yr son !! Fortunately they eventually diagnosed the problem and sent him home with all the right pills.

So my training completely went to pot and today I have done nothing as I'm exhausted.

The only positive was the 70 miler on Saturday felt easy so that was good.

Well done on the 100 miler Seren.

I'm going to La Santa with Henny on the 1st March so hope to get lots of cycling in that week.

seren nos    pirate
20/02/2012 at 23:33
that will be brilliant PTL.......life does get in the way but glad saturday went well......

barley.....good to get the sessions in

I made my tired legs do 20 miles this afternoon on the thames path somewhere around maidenhead.........they were not happy but good double training especially as half of it was very muddy
seren nos    pirate
21/02/2012 at 22:05
Just checking for the training weekend........My mother lives 10 miles north of me just a few miles from the southern border of the beacons.......

she can put 5/6 of us up there for the weekend.........if you ignore all the boxes that have been packed .......
seren nos    pirate
24/02/2012 at 16:14
46 places gone for the double ....only 4 places left
24/02/2012 at 22:26
Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see)
Don't forget to pop into The Kit Thread if you want kit for Enduroman
purpletrilady    pirate
25/02/2012 at 09:34
another fab week for you Seren

I'm trying the double cycle weekend again.

Good news about the weekend. If its a problem I really don't mind doing a travellodge.

Fingers crossed that I'll be posting in a good mood on Sunday
seren nos    pirate
25/02/2012 at 12:52
I'm having an easy weekend........rest day today and just a 11 mile fun race tomorrow.......great to have a cut back
seren nos    pirate
28/02/2012 at 21:30
did another part recce on the bike today..........I have found a little hill that was steeper than I thought....but makes the route interesting......

I know barley is away at the moment so we can try and sort out some details when he gets back
purpletrilady    pirate
28/02/2012 at 21:35
I hate hills with a passion !

I've had a very lazy two days recovering from the weekend. I was very tired.

Gentle run for me tomorrow than off to lanza

seren nos    pirate
28/02/2012 at 21:36
Have a great time away......you hate hills and are going to Lanza ...LOL

29/02/2012 at 22:48

People are working hard!

I had a bad 2 weeks in the middle of the month with something passed on from the kids. Couldn't risk running, cycling or believe it or not swimming!

Good week this week for me with a combination of turbo and tready at work, a mile 9 road run and my first half century bike bricked with a 4 mile run straight after.

A long way to go yet though.New Zealand next week. Just going to run and swim for 2 weeks and then look to get distances up when I get back.

Keep steady and fit everyone. Looking forward to meeting peeps come early June

seren nos    pirate
01/03/2012 at 07:37
good that you are back on track chilliboy

that brick session sounds a good one

looks dry out here again so off on the bike..yesterdays rest day hasn't actually helped me much
Monique    pirate
04/03/2012 at 17:14
Just finished a 6 day block, s/b/r each day, feeling an increase in capability, so quite happily having a few days rest (well I will be gardening).
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.