Enduroman 1st - 10th June 2012

Come on, you know you want to.

661 to 680 of 1,461 messages
OrangeCannon kona-5    pirate
28/04/2012 at 13:59
creak....creak

my 5 hr bike this morning went really well.
The only problem is that I am only just about to get out of bed!

Its hard to keep motivated / going after months of training, when you get tired and the niggles start

Do I feel guilty about missing it? Sort of, but this is supposed to be fun, and when it isn't then a break to get the mojo back is essential

hope the knee gets better Seren
28/04/2012 at 19:37
Keep at it Girls.  I can only imagine what you are putting your bodies through at the moment and they will need time to recover.  Take it steady, look after yourselves, and listen to your body and mind
purpletrilady    pirate
29/04/2012 at 09:48
well this is what my coach says

"Rest today and rest tomorrow. Completely. You are tipping over to over training and you need to stop the spiral.
In fact. I would almost say this next week off and then a good session Saturday and one Monday if you feel okay?"

In a way it was a relief, I had been stressing out about it far too much and I have been constantly tired for the last three weeks.

OC - you are right sometimes your perspective gets all scewed. (how do you spell that ??).

The balance between fun and pushing yourself is a hard one to find sometimes.

Schmuks - thanks

Today I had a lie-in and a long bath, it was heaven.

And on the positive side I picked the best weekend weather wise to be overtrained.

Thanks for all the support
seren nos yn canu    pirate
29/04/2012 at 12:05
thanks schmunkee.....

Purple as you know i have already had a couple of weeks off training during the last few months.......i think its helped...

swimming was cancelled again this morning.3rd in a row.and so went to the pool.........5.6k swam........ and faster than tuesday so getting closer to those cutoff times
Bouncing Barlist    pirate
29/04/2012 at 20:03
Come on team,

I know its getting tough for us all injuried are training fatigue are showing themselves we just need to push through for 4 more weeks.

That said, with 4 weeks training left there we're not going to massively adapt or get a lot better, getting some quality sessions in and ticking over is probably the main goal.  Most importantly is getting to the start line fit and ready to rumble.

If you are suffering its probably a good time to take a bit of a step back for a few days so good advice from your coach Purple, clense your mind and forget about training for a few days and plan some rebuilt sessions for next weekend, then get back to the grindstone for 3 weeks.

Its about the long haul so look back at your training diaries and see what youve achieved, reflect on the long runs and bikes which youve done.
purpletrilady    pirate
29/04/2012 at 20:16
I thinking about my bike strategy, I've decided I'm going to break it into loops like I have been doing with my run.

Seren - How long did it take you on average to complete each loop? I was thinking about 1hr 45, does that seem about right?

I was thinking of allowing myself 1:55 for each loop.

Wise words Barley

29/04/2012 at 20:37
Purple, each loop is about 11 miles I think.
purpletrilady    pirate
29/04/2012 at 20:40
stupid me - I was thinking it was 22 miles !
30/04/2012 at 08:00
11.6 miles each loop..........last year i was averaging about 52/3 mins and 3 mins more when i stopped for food......would like to be able to do about the same.....

right trying to prepare for my mammoth bike ride
30/04/2012 at 11:49
Seren, Purple,

Schmunkee is making enquiries to see if a lake near her will let us swim on the 12th.  We thought this would be a viable option as its about equidistant from all of us (1.5 hours?), the lake is near Swindon.
30/04/2012 at 13:33
sounds good barley...
30/04/2012 at 18:32

Hang in there everyone!!!!

Purple, you seem to have done loads particularly with that 40 mile run the other week. It is in your body now and maybe catching up with you. Hopefully a bit of rest will get you there.

Seren hats off to you for the attitude of I'll just get a train to miles away and cycle home. I couldn't do that. For longer rides I do loops from my house. Loops can vary from 7 miles upto 35 or 40. Just add as necessary. In saying that I am hopefully going out by about 35 miles to come back a slightly different route. From where I live up towards the Cheviots. It is quite barren, hostile area if the weather is bad but tomorrow looks OK.

8 mile run today. Was going to do 12 but left knee and right calf giving me a little tweek so I cut it short. I did the 16 miler 5 days ago so thought that would be enough.

Hows the weight loss Barley??

IronCat5    pirate
30/04/2012 at 19:51

I've done the train thing before with long runs. I'll probably do a few train rides for the bike too. I get bored with the same countryside, and a point to point would be a nice change.

01/05/2012 at 08:05
after a couple of weeks of very little training.i did a mammoth swim on sunday of 5.6k and now a mammoth bike...158.4 miles through the night.....i started 6 pm last night and made my way to cravens arms past ludlow.........and then turned around and came home.......the weather on the second half was atrocious....the surface water and flooding was everywhere and i was soaked to the skin.......

apart from the stops i seemed to average about 13 mph so pleased with that......

as i normally go to bed by 9pm i was pleased that i stayed awake all night.........

ready for bed now........and a good few days rest
IronCat5    pirate
01/05/2012 at 08:19
01/05/2012 at 08:40
Some good training going on.

Not gone too many pages back, but here is a link to the bike course

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/172229425#.T5vdsvAr2Gw.email
11.65 miles, 350ft of climbing.

Edited: 01/05/2012 at 08:41
01/05/2012 at 08:42
As for long rides - I do 2 * 50/60 mile loops (feed stop at home and replenish the bottles) - or alternatively I do a point to point from Derbyshire to Essex (170 miles)

Whatever floats your boat I guess....

01/05/2012 at 08:49
here's the new run course

http://connect.garmin.com/player/172229430#.T5vfI33Lhe0.email

I walked this lap to see how slow a normal "walking lap" took.

and here's 4 laps of "running" - although it has me running through the lake.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/172229452#.T5vgW1Udi9Y.email
Edited: 01/05/2012 at 08:49
Symes-lent night    pirate
01/05/2012 at 09:03
Excellent session there Seren, great confidence booster, no brick run afterwards though?

Enjoy your rest
purpletrilady    pirate
01/05/2012 at 09:09
absolutely Fab work Seren

you have inspired me for the weekend

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.