Enduroman 1st - 10th June 2012

Come on, you know you want to.

1,401 to 1,420 of 1,461 messages
purpletrilady    pirate
15/06/2012 at 15:50

its good, doesn't quite show the hills but gives a good idea 

Lee the Pea    pirate
15/06/2012 at 15:51

Thing is it doesn't look particularly hilly, though i'm sure it is?  I bet the fact you're dotting left and right and all over the place makes it hard to find a pace and stick to it?

The Silent Assassin    pirate
15/06/2012 at 15:54

That looks at longer than 1.1 mile

Holgs, if she wants to go down and check the bike couse and run course out at some point, then I might know some one else who might know someone else who has a friend that might also want to visit and have a look

Great report Chilli

Edited: 15/06/2012 at 15:55
Ironholgs    pirate
15/06/2012 at 15:58

It's looks a LOT bloody hillier on the real time version, especially "Tennis Court Hill"

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aDC3imwMg7w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ironholgs    pirate
15/06/2012 at 15:59

sorry - embedding didn't work.

The Silent Assassin    pirate
15/06/2012 at 16:02

Arent we also missing reports from Ditchy and HH?

purpletrilady    pirate
15/06/2012 at 16:05

Holgs/SA

I would be happy to meet up with your friends 

Lee the Pea    pirate
15/06/2012 at 16:11

Ah it does look worse on the real time.  It also looks longer than a mile.  I can't imagine doing that 100 times .  I could manage say, oh, I don't know, 2 laps?! Hehehe.  Such a lovely place though 

Symes-lent night    pirate
15/06/2012 at 16:18

Tennis court hill was real fun let me tell you! Pretty much everyone walked it from day 1 apart from Sergio the Brazilian chap who insisted on running it every lap, even when two of us overtook him walking it once 

seren nos yn canu    pirate
15/06/2012 at 17:00

Symes..........sergio amazed my son...it was getting really late and the banking before the lawn had got a bit muddy .( and steeper)..........sergio ran up to it and then turned around and ran up the banking backwards before going cheerfully on his way 

i would once again warn those who do a recce.the first few laps of bike and run courses don't feel too bad.............but somewhere along the race they change..........

on the downhills they become really steep and the uphills harder...........the run course is much easier than last years but is still challenging as you can't get into a rhythm............

but the short laps are brilliant in this situation.the support and pick up you get from the turning circle is amazing.........and the course is very pretty

Ironholgs    pirate
15/06/2012 at 17:22

....especially the cats

15/06/2012 at 17:25
The ones in the lake?
15/06/2012 at 17:57

15/06/2012 at 17:59

Soooo cute.. they simply MUST be stroked lol

purpletrilady    pirate
15/06/2012 at 19:58
15/06/2012 at 20:11

thanks purple......already read that one............I love race reports.............

and just to make it clear i;'m not doing a quin.......it is extremely difficult for so many good athletes...........those who can do 10,11 and 12 hour ironmen.............don't think its within the reach of someone doing 15,16 hours ironmen........my priority is to beat IMW

Monique    pirate
18/06/2012 at 20:43

seren - great report. Glad you had such a good experience.I can't believe there was silliness in the swim- they've got all day to make an impact on the race so why be aggressive.

I have a report will paste it in.

purpletrilady    pirate
18/06/2012 at 20:51

excellant - we have been waiting 

Monique    pirate
18/06/2012 at 20:52

<span style="font-size: small;"><span style="color: #000000;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;">“Rumours of my demise have been greatly exaggerated” Rise Against.

<span style="font-size: small;"><span style="color: #000000;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;">My 15 year obsession came to an end on day5 of this years’ deca.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"> 

<span style="font-size: small;"><span style="color: #000000;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;">Day 1

<span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-size: small;"><span style="color: #000000;">An unprecedented almost daylight finish. Still this wasn’t like doing an ordinary Ironman, every thought and action is geared to preparation for the next day. So many factors made this a more positive experience for me than last year: I had Dave with me for the whole time.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">  We were in warm indoor accommodation and I knew what to expect and had trained more appropriately.

<span style="font-family: Calibri;"><span style="font-size: small;"><span style="color: #000000;">But it is never all positive, there are low<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">  points<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">  the<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">  loneliness of the bike course allows you to become bogged down in spirals of negative thoughts which you have to talk yourself out of.

<span style="font-size: small;"><span style="color: #000000;"><span style="font-family: Calibri;">Luckily for me I seem to always be able to run and once off the bike my mood changes. Last year I had issues with the first few laps before I found my run legs and had a bit of a time wasting mental crisis each night. What cured this was the short runs I did after each days ride on Le Jog. I knew I could do a good twenty minutes straight off so tried to do exactly that. I also broke he course down into 5 lap blocks; the first one being of no significance as it was the “warm up” block so stop and stretch if necessary and only worry if I hadn’t found my rhythm by the end of the block. This worked and the 24 lap course meant I had a short block to finish which was also a mental boost. By the last lap on day 1 I was catching Michelle and tried to run her down so if I caught her we could finish together. Didn’t quite manage it but it was a fun way to end the day.

18/06/2012 at 20:52

looking forward to it monique.............

One of the doublers even gave dan a kick in his stomach when he was in the lake fixing the buoy back in place...........only a few of them but so unbelievable in a race that would take then at least a day..........good job they did delay us until after the deca boys had finished.........it would not have been fair for them at all.......

1,401 to 1,420 of 1,461 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.