Enduroman 2014 - Triple/Double/Single/Half

Lots of options and relay teams allowed

161 to 178 of 178 messages
Wabby    pirate
02/06/2014 at 15:29

Nice! Well done on all those that finished. A pal of mine came second in 22h20. Don't like to think what your feet must be like

seren nos    pirate
02/06/2014 at 15:36

I did the single this year wabby

seren nos    pirate
02/06/2014 at 15:40

I was back to enduroman thanks to a place from the buccaneers facebook giveaway.....

I love enduroman and have been there for the last 3 years but couldn't really afford it this year.........when the gift of a place on the single came up

headed down friday as usual..... managed to watch a lot of the swim......7.2 miles is  very long way and those travelling from spain found it cold.....

the ultra 200 started at 10 and after a while I headed for bed........so strange that when I got up in the middle of the night for a pee.there were the headtorches from the runners going around in circles and guys out on the bike........and following night they were still out running around the lakes.......its an amazing place to see some impressive athletes....and some ordinary stubborn buggers giving it their all

seren nos    pirate
02/06/2014 at 15:48

helped crew for DK on his mammoth run.and also helped out with some of the tritalkers......

Race morning....there were only about 19 of us I think so no massive fight for space.,i had racked my bike and had my bacon and sausage sandwiches,.........now I was ready to swim....

did my practice swim to test my goggles but couldn't swim.....i had lost my nose clip already....can only do breast stroke without it....good job I always put a spare one up my sleeve so my swim was safe but no time to adjust goggles......

had to stop 3 times in the first lap to try and adjust and finally got them right.....the crowd had long gone and just 3 of us left way behind at the back............no chance to draft in this anyway as quickly the 19 swimmers all spread out to their own pace...

just kept on swimming.........I had hoped for a new swim PB as I have had a swim analysis and am swimming faster,......but after watching the triple and double those of us that had been there before decided that the course was long this year.......

so i was fairly ok with a 1:31 swim.......

T1 is strange......you have to run 600m up a hill to get to the tennis courts to find your bike to then carry it up steps to the bike mounting place in the circle......I did a small detour via my tent to leave my wetsuit there and get my helmet etc and I didn't want it left in transition till late at night.....

in total T1 was 14 mins......and I didn't even dry my hair.....

seren nos    pirate
02/06/2014 at 15:52

bike is a tough 11.6 mile loop......done and the repeated 10 times.i know this loop off by heart now........

only problem this year was that the horses who occassionally wander onto the road on the newforest thought they would live on the roads.hence I had to unclip about 8 times whilst the cars had to slow and stop to go around them

went off too fast at about a 45 min lap and then decided to try and keep that pace up....

worked well and every lap wa sbetween 41:51 and 44:30 apart from lap 8 which was 46:39 and involved a wee stop and a few extra stops for horses......

had brilliant help crewing for me from the group from tritalkers....only needed change of bottles on the bike but they had it all sussed...until DK finished his 100 miles and then crewed for me

02/06/2014 at 15:58

well done Seren...

So, I hear on the grapevine there is a continuous Quin next year....

seren nos    pirate
02/06/2014 at 16:01

4 min T2.....was looking for my shoes that I had misplaced

and then out on the run......really tough off road course but very pretty.....1.1 mile loop through grass, mud, track, rutted and rooted woodland.....and a bit of ........sufferred here in the past.even took 3 hrs to do the half last year.....

ran off and decided exactly where i was going to walk on the lap......I stuck to this for the whole of the race.......first half went well lap times stuck at between 12 and 13 until lap 10...then started dropping.......had a stop at halfway to take a painkiller.tried to talk salt tablets but they wouldn't go down.....

was only taking water on during the run and it had been hot......stomach was really starting to become uncomfortable.....

the next couple of laps i slowed down a bit.....was determined to try and average under 15 min laps for the second half.......

at lap 15 i started sufferring with my stomach starting to feel totally sick and i was starting to feel clammy and a bit dizzy......

the crew came up with some tuck biscuits.......they seemed to save the day as I could suck on it.took me 2 laps to eat each one but it seemed to help settlemy stomach and i was still running 75 % of the course as i was earlier..just slower.

got to lap 20 and then stated to those crewing that I only had 4 to do and only an hour to do it....they thought I was mad as i had hours before the cutoff........but i had been metally trying to work out if i could beat my own ironman PB......did all the sums right andf finished strongly.....

seren nos    pirate
02/06/2014 at 16:05

so final time was 14:37...i thought it was a PB.but it seems I recalled my outlaw time wrong so i missed it by 3 mins........but this course was tough and over 4 miles long on the bike and long on swim and run and transition........

so i think that was a result

still need to look at nutrition as its still not right.or maybe my pace on the bike was too fast and knackered me out./

but legs felt good.......

so off to outlaw in the summer and then to try a quin as well in august.........but 1 a day for 5 days on a flat course without hills to kill me.....The more i think about it the harder it sems .but you can only try these things.....

seren nos    pirate
02/06/2014 at 16:06
Deca Dave wrote (see)

well done Seren...

Deca Dave wrote (see)

well done Seren...

i think i will need a years rest............but would come to watch 

the tritalkers gave me brilliant support this week...a great bunch of people...shame they haven't got the physique  to wear the black and yellow....

Edited: 02/06/2014 at 16:07
seren nos    pirate
02/06/2014 at 16:18

and it was great to see M and Ms on the course and his family supporting were great.......

and Karl raced well and helped me put up my tent and I can't remember your forum name sorry 

and soap turned up to support as well...

makes a big  difference 

02/06/2014 at 16:43

Well done Seren.

02/06/2014 at 16:55

Well Done Seren good work and well done on the excellent time.

MTri    pirate
02/06/2014 at 17:55
Awesome work Seren, I've pencilled this event on for 2015
Wabby    pirate
02/06/2014 at 20:31

think I'll have a look too! 

Doner Kebab    pirate
03/06/2014 at 19:29

as i have said on FB - things didnt really go to plan after my feet got trashed so it really did end up as a fun run. Great event though and good to catch up with everyone - even the tri talkers

03/06/2014 at 21:40

Good work Seren and DK with trashed feet.

Where's the quin Seren?

Tired Badger    pirate
03/06/2014 at 21:49

Well done DK and Seren, outlaw must have pB pB written all over it now 

seren nos    pirate
04/06/2014 at 07:51

in the blue.its an unofficial one...bit like the macclesfield diy half......Its at woodhall spa in lincolnshire where i am told it is flat....

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
161 to 178 of 178 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.