when one iron isnt quite enough

181 to 200 of 388 messages
Doner Kebab    pirate
23/12/2012 at 22:36

$hit -  i didnt think it was that long - sorry ;D

Rafiki    pirate
24/12/2012 at 09:26
Iron Pingu wrote (see)

Your probably right, I'll try counting again, lol, makes no odds to me, I can't follow training plans.

Doner Kebab wrote (see)

dont be silly - they would let in water where i screwed the cleats through, god man - think about it   

DK - if you used self-tapping screws they wouldn't leak, as long as you made sure that taps were closed

seren nos    pirate
24/12/2012 at 13:17

DK.Iwill be there for the start.but I have a feeling you might be at the finish line before me on the Sunday.depends what time they set us off

Doner......You just have to make sure that you are happy with the lights on the bike.its really important as there are no street lights for most of the course and loads of hazards to get to you

Doner Kebab    pirate
24/12/2012 at 22:59

bike lights are my main concern - i thought my 277 lumen head torch was going to be ok but after a serious run the other night i doubt it will be anything like adequate, im too scared to ask on the other site what are or what have people used in previous years. By the sounds of it i need around 700 lumens which adds up to a big chunk of cash as i dont want to rely on a borrowed seet that i have have never used before. IIRC  you wasnt sure what make or how strong the ones you used were Seren.

seren nos    pirate
25/12/2012 at 10:57

Doner.I can give you a link to deal extreme.they come from china and you have to get a 99p adapter to charge but they are brillinat.a few pirates recommended them to me........they are 800 lumens and the battery last for abouty 4 hours on full powewr.so i about 2 sets for under £60

Hubby has just bought a pair.......I use them on full beam where there is no lights and half beam where there are street lights

Doner Kebab    pirate
26/12/2012 at 14:17
Yea I seen the chinese eBay ones for 29 quid. 1800 lumen, good reviews but people doubt the output figure and they take a while to charge. Send us the link though seren and ill have a look, nothing ventured and all that
seren nos    pirate
26/12/2012 at 16:11

Doner.....as i said a few of the pirates recommended this company and these lights..had mine well over a year and really really pleased with them

http://dx.com/p/t6-waterproof-xml-t6-3-mode-1200-lumen-white-led-bike-light-with-battery-pack-set-82510

I will see if tis works

Doner Kebab    pirate
27/12/2012 at 23:19

thanks seren, it seems like the same light and after a bit of digging around i found loads of these scattered over the net - most appear to be the same but the link you gave is the cheapest - nice one  22 quid direct, bargain, a few proprer reviews as well and did you get the wide beam converter - lots of people recommend it for biking

seren nos    pirate
28/12/2012 at 11:48

not hgeard of the wide beam converter.......

Doner Kebab    pirate
28/12/2012 at 12:47
By the sounds of it,its the magic one that also fits the Chinese one , ill try and find the link to the pictures - it does look better dispersed
purpletrilady    pirate
01/01/2013 at 11:18

Happy new year, only 5 months to go !

I haven't posted for a while. Life has been very busy.

After cycling to Barcelona at the beginning of November, I had 7 manic weeks at work accompanied by some issues at home. Just before christmas I started to think about abandoning the double and to my surprise I found I quite liked the idea. I really had a huge case of CBA. I even started to tell people that I might not do it.

Then I was driving to work and I started to think about supporting the double, watching DK, Q and the other pirates doing the single and the half. I then realised that I would hate watching, I couldn't be there and not do it. So now my motivation has returned and  I am very excited again.

So 4 months of hard training ahead. My job is much busier than this time last year so fitting it in won't be easy but I am feeling confident.

My big session this week is a 3 hour run on sunday.

seren nos    pirate
01/01/2013 at 11:20

so glad the motivation has returned purple...........Mine is realy high at the moment for the outlaw.......I hope it stays.................

Edited: 01/01/2013 at 11:21
Doner Kebab    pirate
01/01/2013 at 12:00

3 hours purple! good going, i wont be hitting that sort of mileage for a good few weeks yet,

I was thinking of doing a double training thread since the "something slightly different thread to last year " thread has lost a lot of people and doesnt really motivate me as much as it used to (come back marshallini and steve ho and OC has his knee probs,) my thinking was if i logged my training (you and q could also post if you wanted to) on a thread i would be more inclined to do the bigger sessions - people seeing that im slacking is a great motivator

anyone doing a double in future would have a guide of what (not) to do. 

purpletrilady    pirate
01/01/2013 at 15:48

sounds good

01/01/2013 at 17:43

Good decision Purple - you would hate watching I'm sure. My much smaller training plan for the half is all systems go for next week. I've just bought some sealskin gloves to cut out another excuse for avoiding rain. For me its not a time issue, just a HTFU one. And I'm only doing a quarter of what you nutters (sorry I mean heroes) are doing. 

Happy 2013 all. 

01/01/2013 at 21:32

I can now say I'm thinking of the double for next year

Happy training. Get with it Purple and think about your feeding/nutrition strategy. Just what I heard people speaking about and some of your own comments you didn't seem to get this right this year. I think you took to drinking a lot of coke but not eating much so that may need looking at. Fair play I'm routing for you this year from afar.

DK I'm looking forward to reading the next few months of your journey. I loved reading Serens exploits last year leading upto the day and watching her face upto the demons on the run section on the day ( well the bits i saw as I ran around the course!! ). It was all inspiring stuff.

Only 5 months to go folks

01/01/2013 at 21:34

Soupy you and anyone else on here doing it are included in what I just said, dstances don't matter

The Silent Assassin    pirate
02/01/2013 at 08:33

I won't be making the double this year, too much non-tri stuff going on

seren nos    pirate
02/01/2013 at 08:49

soupy... the half is going to be a lovey race....my advise is if its wet just get out there.as the enduroman team seem to like organising rain for the event 

I am looking forward to this race,,,,,,,,,,,I'm really hoping I can race it and not do it as a training session

02/01/2013 at 09:45

Yeh, thats what I figured Seren with the rain. I'm really looking forward to this though. Sorry you won't be making it SA, not tempted with the Half though?

181 to 200 of 388 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.