Enduroman UK 2013

when one iron isnt quite enough

81 to 100 of 397 messages
Bouncing Barlist    pirate
21/08/2012 at 00:37

KK, ive been at Avon Tyrell the last 2 years supporting and see what the competitors put themselves through.  Have you been there?

Perhaps youd like to enter and let us know how uncompetitive it is when youve won the ladies race?

kittenkat wrote (see)

Same with the A2A, I'm really pissed of with them letting a friend expend money, time, and energy trying the A2A. He threw money at it and people sucked it up but I knew he was never able to swim the channel. But if you are willing to pay, you get attention and gratification with no real reflection or honesty about personal ability. Take the bucks if they're thrown at you.

Actually, he was the fool.

Would this be the same friend (or anonymous benefactor) who paid for your Avon Tyrell 100 miler entry last year or paid for this years Outlaw entry, perhaps he? was the fool given you DNS both events.

21/08/2012 at 05:43

KK sails against the pirate ethos once again,ive done a few events in the company of some pirates all been lovely people,supporters included,including the double,yes that was a doddle KK all 4.8,232,52 miles of it,Steve, Eddie and Dan showed elites and slowbies the same respect,you really shouldnt be so negative about stuff it doesnt inspire.

seren nos    pirate
21/08/2012 at 09:56

So entries are open.......roll up roll up 

21/08/2012 at 11:36

Doner Kebab wrote (see)

I did enjoy Outlaw but didnt find it challenging hence why i signed up for an ultra the day after.

Love your attitude, DK. Always do. Did you do a 70-mile ultra just 2 weeks after finishing Outlaw? Hard bloke. Enduroman does nothing for me, but I reckon this could be right up your street, mate. More power to you.

Edited: 21/08/2012 at 11:37
purpletrilady    pirate
21/08/2012 at 12:11

DK - I think you are a natural for Ultra's. I have a funny feeling that you won't stop at the Double.

I'm in by the way 

Doner Kebab    pirate
21/08/2012 at 13:23

so Purple and me are in - waiting for you Q  

stil - yea 12 days after - loved it and although it was kind of a tough first step into ultras with the shit weather and all i took my time and come out smiling - im not hard, just stubborn and stupid

PTL - I'll see after the double but i dont think im cut out for multi day events, i seem to be OK if i just carry on but as soon as i stop i just want to eat and sleep

seren nos    pirate
21/08/2012 at 14:06

stubborn and stupid are good qualities for the ultras 

only a tiny winy bit jealous of the pair of you

21/08/2012 at 14:46

And I thought you weren't going long DK...is this because this is longer then long???.....

Doner Kebab    pirate
21/08/2012 at 14:53

well - im dedicating more time to shorter stuff would be a better description of my plans, the winter just gone was filled with just base endurance stuff and rightly so for a newb like me but i did see my speed suffer, this coming winter is obviously the time to get an even bigger base but im still going to keep up the speed work. Its like the decision - pizza or kebab ????   feck it - ill have both

Doner Kebab    pirate
21/08/2012 at 14:58

its all quiet at Kebab Towers at the minute, after telling the OH i just paid for the double she caught me looking at the JOGLE site when she noticed the £2,200 price tag. trying to justify the time it takes to run that distance was met with : we could go to Australia for that . she is not a happy bunny :S

Bouncing Barlist    pirate
21/08/2012 at 17:17

£2200 for JOGLE!!!

Cant you do it on your own or find a few mates (people from here maybe), it shouldnt cost more than a few guest house stays, or hire a camper van between say 3 people and a friend to drive?

M...eldy    pirate
21/08/2012 at 17:20

Were we not going to do a PSOF Lejog?   kip at pirate houses  .... fair enough we might need a few of them to move 

The Silent Assassin    pirate
21/08/2012 at 17:29
Doner Kebab wrote (see)

so Purple and me are in - waiting for you Q  

Let me finish IM Wales first

21/08/2012 at 17:29
PSOF LEJOG would be lots of fun. :0)
M...eldy    pirate
21/08/2012 at 17:32

It would .... can you imagine the organisation tho?   Its bad enough getting a social organised 

Doner Kebab    pirate
21/08/2012 at 18:04

id be in but i wonder how many people would want to run 50 odd mile a day

Doner Kebab    pirate
21/08/2012 at 18:07

omg Barley has got me thinking now, £60 a night motels, diet of big macs = cheap event

kittenkat    pirate
21/08/2012 at 18:13
ffs wrote (see)

KK sails against the pirate ethos once again,ive done a few events in the company of some pirates all been lovely people,supporters included,including the double,yes that was a doddle KK all 4.8,232,52 miles of it,Steve, Eddie and Dan showed elites and slowbies the same respect,you really shouldnt be so negative about stuff it doesnt inspire.

How do I sail against the Pirate ethos? If you know me you would know how fierce I am in support, unilateral support (which is my main point) of all Pirates. However, whoever you are, you've set up a new identity just to say that on here. If you have courage of conviction or real emotion/ethos/involvement... Then you would just have posted under your real identity.

Oh and those are really unfortunate initials, I would have a word with your parents, they have a sense of humour but...

M...eldy    pirate
21/08/2012 at 18:27
Doner Kebab wrote (see)

id be in but i wonder how many people would want to run 50 odd mile a day

I believe we were thinking of biking ... feel free to run tho  

21/08/2012 at 18:44
Definitely biking. :0).
81 to 100 of 397 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.