Enduroman UK 2013

when one iron isnt quite enough

81 to 100 of 388 messages
Doner Kebab    pirate
21/08/2012 at 14:53

well - im dedicating more time to shorter stuff would be a better description of my plans, the winter just gone was filled with just base endurance stuff and rightly so for a newb like me but i did see my speed suffer, this coming winter is obviously the time to get an even bigger base but im still going to keep up the speed work. Its like the decision - pizza or kebab ????   feck it - ill have both

Doner Kebab    pirate
21/08/2012 at 14:58

its all quiet at Kebab Towers at the minute, after telling the OH i just paid for the double she caught me looking at the JOGLE site when she noticed the £2,200 price tag. trying to justify the time it takes to run that distance was met with : we could go to Australia for that . she is not a happy bunny :S

Bouncing Barlist    pirate
21/08/2012 at 17:17

£2200 for JOGLE!!!

Cant you do it on your own or find a few mates (people from here maybe), it shouldnt cost more than a few guest house stays, or hire a camper van between say 3 people and a friend to drive?

M...eldy    pirate
21/08/2012 at 17:20

Were we not going to do a PSOF Lejog?   kip at pirate houses  .... fair enough we might need a few of them to move 

The Silent Assassin    pirate
21/08/2012 at 17:29
Doner Kebab wrote (see)

so Purple and me are in - waiting for you Q  

Let me finish IM Wales first

21/08/2012 at 17:29
PSOF LEJOG would be lots of fun. :0)
M...eldy    pirate
21/08/2012 at 17:32

It would .... can you imagine the organisation tho?   Its bad enough getting a social organised 

Doner Kebab    pirate
21/08/2012 at 18:04

id be in but i wonder how many people would want to run 50 odd mile a day

Doner Kebab    pirate
21/08/2012 at 18:07

omg Barley has got me thinking now, £60 a night motels, diet of big macs = cheap event

M...eldy    pirate
21/08/2012 at 18:27
Doner Kebab wrote (see)

id be in but i wonder how many people would want to run 50 odd mile a day

I believe we were thinking of biking ... feel free to run tho  

21/08/2012 at 18:44
Definitely biking. :0).
Doner Kebab    pirate
21/08/2012 at 20:47

the £2,200 was for running including a support vehicle to sleep in, still expensive though, 

http://www.ultrarace.co.uk/events/details/?eventid=108

so not takers for running it then - need to do at least 40M a day or its going to take over 3 weeks and thats going to be too long to have off work

seren nos yn canu    pirate
21/08/2012 at 20:49

Am I the only one to think correctly that DK was talking baout running LEJOG...........i would do the biking though

M...eldy    pirate
21/08/2012 at 20:55

No, I knew he was talking about running it, he didnt realise we were talking about biking it 

21/08/2012 at 20:56

Well this thread caught my eye!

And got me thinking - does anyone know who the Pirate was who gave me a jaffa cake when i came in from one of my bike laps this year (my crew couldnt find what i wanted and he helped out)?  He had a beard and was quite tall if i remember rightly.  Bloody nice bloke.  Symes would never have done that for me.

Good luck to all who attempt an Enduroman event next year.

Cheers

(Big) Ted - Deca Fnisher 2012!

M...eldy    pirate
21/08/2012 at 21:08

Tall bloke with a beard?    Might have been Seren  

21/08/2012 at 21:14
kittenkat wrote (see)

So how does the Enduroman brand fit in with long distance endurance for you? Personally I feel that it's only in the market for long and slow with no competitive athletes, especially when it moved venue. My interest is in the run but everyone has told me that you can't get an even footing.

Maybe they just want money thrown at the company to massage egos.. You can finish if you just crawl, have stabilisers and then walk...I've seen nothing more that suggests it's athletic. (Except the Deca, I'll concede with that one) Cos it's the only one in the UK maybe

KK I'll send my medal and finishers sweat top back to Steve, Eddie and team because I obviously didn't try hard enough to finish in what I consider to be a respectable time. 

I don't know what other events you have done and know that you would beat me hands down in a run based on what you have said on here. Give the bike a thought at AT. I did the course of 116 miles on my own. As it isn't a big race there isn't the quantity of people on the road therefore making it a true 116 mile time trial. I haven't once come on here afterwards looking at others times for the bike section of other ironman races and asked " did those people really non draft for the distance once the masses were on the open road." If all these people did should they not have been DQ'd or had penalties thrown at them? I don't know how the course compares to other Ironman distance races but it wasn't easy.

Try the run out sometime. Yes it is off road but for most of the course as in about 98% you could run albeit making sure you looked where you were going. There were 2 short sections that got a bit soft as the rain came down. The whole course was runable if you have the fitness to do it but there are a few short, sharp hills to test you out but at 24 laps it gets hard like it will for MOST athletes trained or not trained leading up to the event.

Some of the things you write are thought provoking and I don't have a problem with this however please don't belittle my achievement and many others either on this forum or not. Still a lot cheaper than all other ironman distance races I have seen and I won't forget seeing the 2 main organisers in Steve and Eddie giving me and ALL other athletes total respect for the challenge whilst helping, motivating and cheering at all times of day and night.

seren nos yn canu    pirate
21/08/2012 at 21:38
M...eldy wrote (see)

Tall bloke with a beard?    Might have been Seren  

Thank you.i was too busy to shave that weekend............probably Mr Funkin I would say...........

Chilli KK only skim reads and thats why she doesn't ever answer the points that people bring up.....see yesterdays posts...........she will just pick up one point where she can have a go instead of having a proper debate..............there is a £300 prize money for the double which would just about cover entry ........so without any proper athletes taking part I'm sure it would be easy for someone to stroll in and take the money

21/08/2012 at 21:40

I'm in for the double 300 bucks coming my way

21/08/2012 at 21:52

I have put the dates in my diary and will make every effort to come along and support again

81 to 100 of 388 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.