European Long Course Champs

hilly please read - here's your info

8 messages
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
24/02/2004 at 15:55
The European long course Tri Championships will be held on 17 July in Immenstadt, southern Bavaria, Germany. Course is 4km lake swim, 136km bike over rolling hills, fairly flat 29km run. Time limit is 1hr 40 for the swim, 7hrs 15 for combined swim & run, total time limit 10 hrs 20 mins. Start is 7am Saturday morning all age groups.
The following day they will hold the annual Classic race of 2km/90km/22km.

Immenstadt is breathtakingly beautiful - but tough!
Go to website www.immenstadt.de, click on the EM logo and you will find the race details - there's a section in English.
24/02/2004 at 21:32
Boing!
I can't believe that NOBODY's interested.
24/02/2004 at 22:25
I'm interested IW. I've put my name down for the World Long Course Championships in Sweden at the beginning of July, but not at all sure i'll make the team. If not, this might be a good alternative.
25/02/2004 at 08:29
Can anyone enter this or have you got to qualify ??
25/02/2004 at 09:52
Chris, there are no qualifiers as such, you just have to apply through the BTA for an age group place. For the World Championships you had to provide supporting evidence of long distance times from the last 12 months. Not sure if the same applies to the Europeans.

Look at the Age Group section of the website for further info.

Age group

25/02/2004 at 12:09
I always thought you had to be really quick to qualify - thanks for that - maybe next year might be buying myself a nice little red/white and blue orca number !!
26/02/2004 at 21:29
I'll be at Immenstadt, so I'll be interested to see if you are too.
26/02/2004 at 21:55
Thanks IW for that. It's a goal for when I get a bit more experienced at triathlon. As I've only done a couple of sprint ones, I've a few to do yet to gain that experience!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.