Fastskin FSII

clothing doping?

21 to 25 of 25 messages
WildWill    pirate
11/05/2004 at 14:53
I have a IM VO2 stealth wetsuit - designed to be very fast in the water - it is very spray on and water doesnt seem to stick to it
11/05/2004 at 14:55
[whimper]
Monique    pirate
11/05/2004 at 15:17
Do you wear the full length wool one over or under the wet suit?
AndrewSmith    pirate
11/05/2004 at 20:38
Where does it end. You could say training is cheating.
12/05/2004 at 09:58
I do feel that as fast skins have been show to allow people to swim faster than they can nekkid as it were, then they are against the rules if you take the rulebook very literally (they can be classed as a swimming aid). Hence Sydney Olympics hoohaa when the british team were told prior to the games they couldn't use them (as they were against the rules) but Aussies and yanks were allowed to by their own committees.

Obviously the BOC had to step down and allow our swimmers to use them (to avoid the unfair advantage the other nations would get). My view is that as long as it's a level playing field and all the swimmers are allowed to use them then it's kinda ok. Even if not in the true spirit of things.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.