Fatman to Ironman

Another Ironman journey

5,821 to 5,840 of 10,128 messages
The Evil Pixie    pirate
25/09/2012 at 14:12

splat there is a rumour that there will be a half outlaw next year

full boar do some great events at Market Bosworth which is my local open water (i'm about 10m away)

25/09/2012 at 14:13

Can anyone give me some bike jacket advice please

Did 2mile bike ride at weekend. Turned round and went home rather early as was already freezing and soaked.So reccommendations. Don't like being wet and presume I will freeze if on a 5hour bike ride and get wet at the beginning. Don't want to be cold/hot/wet etc etc. Don't mind cost too much if the jackets worth it. Was looking at gore countdown jacket and what about mens?

Deciding what to wear before I go out is a nightmare

25/09/2012 at 14:21

Well 2nd June for those wanting to do half an outlaw.

25/09/2012 at 14:25
The Evil Pixie wrote (see)

*lurks* really ????

M...eldy    pirate
25/09/2012 at 14:29
Southern Snail wrote (see)

PO.dds: feel the fear, do it anyway wrote (see)

*lurks* really ????

The clues are all there  

iron fraggle    pirate
25/09/2012 at 14:29

yes really

Rafiki    pirate
25/09/2012 at 14:30

Southern Snail  you  can always order a nice Pirate jacket!!

I have a jacket from Foska.com - a nice St Andrew's cross one being Scottish and all!! they are extremely warm and pretty cheap as there often seems to be sale on! Although they are not particularly waterproof after an hour or so.  Wet stuff, i have  a Mavic gortex jacket - 6 hours of good Scottish rain on the Etape Caledonian this year and I was dry!

But like most things you get waht you pay for. Obviously comfort is key.....and it has to match the bike colours

25/09/2012 at 14:38

Half Outlaw 2nd June that'd be PERFECT!

25/09/2012 at 14:50

First sub-2 hour half-marathon on Sunday. Report, along with a preview of the Bourbon Chase, a 200 mile overnight, 12 person relay, where we hit several distilleries on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail: 

http://jeffsironmanjourney.blogspot.com/2012/09/big-hit-half-marathon-wrap-up-and.html

Rafiki    pirate
25/09/2012 at 14:56

Well done IY...

Now, if you need a 12th man fior that Bourboun chase, that sounds my kind of race.....where did I put my passport....???

25/09/2012 at 14:59
Rafiki wrote (see)

Well done IY...

Now, if you need a 12th man fior that Bourboun chase, that sounds my kind of race.....where did I put my passport....???

How about a Pirate Team for 2013?  Plenty of time to plan and I have a relatively large house for lodging

Rafiki    pirate
25/09/2012 at 15:06

that could be a plan! It may well be tabled at the Crimbo party when peoples be drunk!!

ET7
25/09/2012 at 15:39
I've just had a text from those ice one step beyond people saying the outlaw half will be on the 2nd June at the national water sports centre...entries open soon!
There you go!
ET7
25/09/2012 at 15:59
M...eldy wrote (see)
Southern Snail wrote (see)

PO.dds: feel the fear, do it anyway wrote (see)

*lurks* really ????

The clues are all there  

Oi you 

OK - so I'm having a bad brain day

It's a bally long way for a half.......but time wise it works for me........mmm guess I shall ponder a bit........

25/09/2012 at 20:16

just managed to keep up

well done everyone for the weekend races

splat - I am in Notts, in Southwell

I didn't get the text about the half outlaw, but am thinking of doing it. Very close to me, and I want to do a HIM. PLanning on the full boar one at Bosworth, but that doesn't mean I can't go a half outlaw as well

M...eldy    pirate
25/09/2012 at 20:18

The price for the 1/2 an Outlaw is a tad on the pricey side?    I shall be over my A race by then so not on the plan for me

WildWill    pirate
25/09/2012 at 20:37
Evening all

Could not get into the right mindset for tonites training ... First time for ages ... To much on mind ... So just a short session

Did

LUNCH
- 45min trail run with focus on cadence

PM
- 30min spin
- 30min row
- 30min x-train
26/09/2012 at 08:50

Thanks for the heads up on the Robin Hood Cake. The university lake hill looks particularly unpleasant. I've had a run of bad luck leading up including a pulled calf and now a nasty bug. I may well be crawling...

I'll be at the Outlaw - full and half, but probably spectating. Seems a bit premature to book on a half IM before a triathlon of any sort. Once I can do 30 or 60 lengths of front crawl in my lessons I should probably see what's around. 

Of those who learned front crawl specifically to do triathlons - how long did it take to build distance? Say - from nothing to 60 lengths of a pool?

WildWill    pirate
26/09/2012 at 08:55

Splatfink

I helped a mate train for his first IM ... when he entered he could not swim a length front crawl 

26/09/2012 at 09:54

That's great! How long before he could swim 1.5k - and how many hours per week did he put in at the pool?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.