05/10/2012 at 11:38
Has anyone done barcalone marathon whatsit like thanks
WildWill    pirate
05/10/2012 at 12:25

I didnt think they'd let you into posh hotels 

IronCat5    pirate
05/10/2012 at 12:30
Cake wrote (see)

This weekend I'm at a wedding in a posh hotel with a swimming pool. Hopefully going to get a few of very good chaps and ladies drunk so I can actually swim faster than them the sunday morning.

Sunday morning, as in 5 past midnight?

Razor51    pirate
05/10/2012 at 12:39
Cake....I'll have to keep my eye on you mate;-) and its your round;-)
Nurse Ratched    pirate
05/10/2012 at 13:17

Yes. Yes, yes, yes, YES

Please

Nurse Ratched    pirate
05/10/2012 at 13:22
ET7 wrote (see)
So, what's everyone's plans for the weekend then?
I'm doing 10 mile run tomorrow then 60 mile cycle on Sunday.
So that's me done!

House to myself 

Long run with a friend tomorrow, then we're going for lunch.
Other than that - sofa, telly, book, hot bath, crisps, wine, long lie, bacon

Possibly bike on Sunday.  If I can be arsed.  Which, frankly, is unlikely. 

05/10/2012 at 13:50
Well then. Undertook my first open water sea swim this morning which was rather fun. Damn hard work though and a little scary at times.

I only went for a 20 min arm stretcher although my body feels like it does after a much longer session. Still much to learn.
Nurse Ratched    pirate
05/10/2012 at 13:53

I hope you weren't in the sea on your own, naughty donkey  ?

Sea swimming is quite an experience, isn't it? 

05/10/2012 at 14:00
NR - actually I was although I was never unable to touch the sea bed and Mrs D was watching from the shore with a nice fluffy towel and a thermos of hot tea.

Still, I'm not too sure a thermos would have been much use if I had gotten into trouble.

Point taken
Nurse Ratched    pirate
05/10/2012 at 14:12

Good boy.  Don't let it happen again 

I really enjoyed my sea swimming practise (once I got into it - scary to start with), but  the tri was really hard work, and I'm in no rush to do another one in the sea!

WildWill    pirate
05/10/2012 at 14:14
ET7 wrote (see)
So, what's everyone's plans for the weekend then?
I'm doing 10 mile run tomorrow then 60 mile cycle on Sunday.
So that's me done!

For me the only exersize will be a long walk on the beach and maybe some core work ...

... then its all about chilling

06/10/2012 at 08:09
Morning all.

Restart training this weekend, yay

Planning a little 20 mile ish cycle today & see what occurs & a little 30 min run off road tomorrow.

Half marathon training starts Tuesday.
06/10/2012 at 12:38
Pis##ed off, was going to do the Ireland 70.3 next year and go for the outlaw in 2014. Just seen that Ironman are no longer doing the Ireland event. Thinking of doing the Henley half., although just looked at at the cut off time 7 hours. Does anyone know how hilly the bike ride is?
IronCat5    pirate
06/10/2012 at 16:15

Galway 70.3 is currently without a schedule, though they're trying to squeeze it in.

Henley is quite lumpy.

iron fraggle    pirate
06/10/2012 at 16:22
GHF - I did Henley Halfthis year, and although there is an official cut off of 7 hrs, it's not enforced (I think the last finisher was over 8 hours ? ). They only ask that if there are pros finishing the full at the same time, they have priority over the finish line. I finished in 7.07 and was cheered in all the way by the staff, it was very beginner friendly

And yes the course was quite lumpy, but if I can do it then anyone can
06/10/2012 at 16:30
Another week off the bike then for me. No excrutiating pain like there was during the challenge, i did start to feel the same discomfort in my knee just after 10 miles though.

Hopefully run will be issue free tomorrow
06/10/2012 at 17:47

2 hour run this morning, 2 hour cycle this afternoon.

Todays cycling was the first time ive used clipless peddles and it all started off so well until just before I got home.

Decided I'd use the cycle path along the canal to avoid the traffic in town, but it was busy with pedestrians, slowed down to pass some people, not too sure what happened next but needed to put foot down and TIMBER...., nice soft landing on the grass, with everyone watching,   thought I was going to end up in the canal and was very lucky not to.

hopefully, lesson learned, unclip early next time, think I had become a bit overconfident by that stage.

Edited: 06/10/2012 at 17:48
06/10/2012 at 19:21

Happens to us all Honk.

Just come back from my first century ride, 101.7 miles in 5:52. A little tired now. I was looking at my computer going up a hill, next thing I know I'm in the ditch up against the curb and over I go, quickly jump up and look around to check if anyone saw.  

06/10/2012 at 20:23
Good going BBT.

I nearly came a cropper loads of times when i first used clip pedals. Almost castrated myself on the saddle once, would have been less painful to just fall off.

Have only actually fallen off once when my chain came off on a hill, luckily i was able to fall onto a grass bank. Unluckily my mate was there to take the pi$$.
IronCat5    pirate
06/10/2012 at 20:43

In all the rush and faff this morning I almost came a cropper as I mounted the bike. To the amusement of the assembled piratage.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.