Fatman to Ironman

Another Ironman journey

6,061 to 6,080 of 10,139 messages
06/10/2012 at 08:09
Morning all.

Restart training this weekend, yay

Planning a little 20 mile ish cycle today & see what occurs & a little 30 min run off road tomorrow.

Half marathon training starts Tuesday.
06/10/2012 at 12:38
Pis##ed off, was going to do the Ireland 70.3 next year and go for the outlaw in 2014. Just seen that Ironman are no longer doing the Ireland event. Thinking of doing the Henley half., although just looked at at the cut off time 7 hours. Does anyone know how hilly the bike ride is?
IronCat5    pirate
06/10/2012 at 16:15

Galway 70.3 is currently without a schedule, though they're trying to squeeze it in.

Henley is quite lumpy.

iron fraggle    pirate
06/10/2012 at 16:22
GHF - I did Henley Halfthis year, and although there is an official cut off of 7 hrs, it's not enforced (I think the last finisher was over 8 hours ? ). They only ask that if there are pros finishing the full at the same time, they have priority over the finish line. I finished in 7.07 and was cheered in all the way by the staff, it was very beginner friendly

And yes the course was quite lumpy, but if I can do it then anyone can
06/10/2012 at 16:30
Another week off the bike then for me. No excrutiating pain like there was during the challenge, i did start to feel the same discomfort in my knee just after 10 miles though.

Hopefully run will be issue free tomorrow
06/10/2012 at 17:47

2 hour run this morning, 2 hour cycle this afternoon.

Todays cycling was the first time ive used clipless peddles and it all started off so well until just before I got home.

Decided I'd use the cycle path along the canal to avoid the traffic in town, but it was busy with pedestrians, slowed down to pass some people, not too sure what happened next but needed to put foot down and TIMBER...., nice soft landing on the grass, with everyone watching,   thought I was going to end up in the canal and was very lucky not to.

hopefully, lesson learned, unclip early next time, think I had become a bit overconfident by that stage.

Edited: 06/10/2012 at 17:48
06/10/2012 at 19:21

Happens to us all Honk.

Just come back from my first century ride, 101.7 miles in 5:52. A little tired now. I was looking at my computer going up a hill, next thing I know I'm in the ditch up against the curb and over I go, quickly jump up and look around to check if anyone saw.  

06/10/2012 at 20:23
Good going BBT.

I nearly came a cropper loads of times when i first used clip pedals. Almost castrated myself on the saddle once, would have been less painful to just fall off.

Have only actually fallen off once when my chain came off on a hill, luckily i was able to fall onto a grass bank. Unluckily my mate was there to take the pi$$.
IronCat5    pirate
06/10/2012 at 20:43

In all the rush and faff this morning I almost came a cropper as I mounted the bike. To the amusement of the assembled piratage.

Nurse Ratched    pirate
06/10/2012 at 21:13

Good biking everyone

I had a lovely run this morning, then did a wee bit of food shopping in M&S (since I'm home alone this weekend I'm being naughty and spoiling myself), then went to see a friend finish a sponsored hill walk, then realised as I was almost home that I'd locked myself out of the house.  
So my relaxing weekend became quite stressful and fairly expensive.

But now I have wine  

Nurse Ratched    pirate
07/10/2012 at 10:10

Morning all.  It's been very frosty here overnight, so I'm going to let the glorious autumn sunshine warm the roads a wee bit before I take Sean out.  Meantime - bacon roll, coffee, Sunday paper 

07/10/2012 at 14:45
20 min planned run turned into 35 min. First time ive ran in 4 weeks.

Felt really good, breaks done me good.
Nurse Ratched    pirate
07/10/2012 at 15:32

Good running SD.

15 miles on Sean, 1:01

Rafiki    pirate
07/10/2012 at 17:15
IronCat5 in the Hat wrote (see)

In all the rush and faff this morning I almost came a cropper as I mounted the bike. To the amusement of the assembled piratage.

I'm glad you didn't as there's no way I would have stayed on as well - I would have been laughing so much!!

And I see what you mean about that last mile at Windsor, down to Lizzie's house....it goes on a bit!!

iron fraggle    pirate
07/10/2012 at 17:23

First Duathlon for me today

5k run : 20k bike : 5k run

got a 5k PB on the first run leg   had a great ride despite un-shipping my chain going up a hill  and a reasonable second run. great fun, really enjoyed it

Raf - I did Windsor Half years ago and lost the will to live on that last bit going down to the finish

07/10/2012 at 17:31

Weekly blog update - http://clearseaz-timetogetfit.blogspot.co.uk/

Well done Fraggle, you rock

iron fraggle    pirate
07/10/2012 at 17:35

thank you SD * blush * 

M...eldy    pirate
07/10/2012 at 18:03

Good run Rafi?

Well done Fraggle  

I have had a lovely weekend with a lot of eating, a little drinking, some proper mountain bike (squealing like girls) and a bit of running

I think I need a snoze 

Rafiki    pirate
07/10/2012 at 18:27

run was OK. I was expecting it to be slightly hillier, so that was a bonus! Nice shiny, gold medal!!

IronCat5    pirate
07/10/2012 at 19:41

Well done H0NK, SD, Fraggle, Raf, Nursey and Meldy. Where was the Du Fraggle?

How d'ya get on Rafi? Seems the Coasters had some great times today at Windsor. Everyone elses successes make me consider Cardiff next weekend......what to do...?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.