Fatman to Ironman

Another Ironman journey

6,141 to 6,160 of 10,128 messages
12/10/2012 at 12:42

Ruffstuff sounds good SD but I'm at Town Moor marathon that weekend....

WildWill    pirate
12/10/2012 at 13:52

Spoons ... Im doing town moor ... I'l be in pirate kit  my better half and the Lab will be supporting

I did it the year cake did it ... he's just a wus 

Nurse Ratched    pirate
12/10/2012 at 20:16

Note to self - do not bend over to pick something up from the bathroom floor when there is a red hot towel rail behind you.  Cycling tomorrow may be more uncomfortable than anticipated 

12/10/2012 at 20:18

sorry nurse, couldn't help laughing at that

M...eldy    pirate
12/10/2012 at 20:20

You either have a small bathroom or a large arse  

12/10/2012 at 21:51
A nurse with a hot arse. Sweet
IronCat5    pirate
12/10/2012 at 22:26

Branded!

12/10/2012 at 22:39

Sorry I should have been clearer. I'm at town moor marathon but I'm not running it. I'm supporting loads of other people (mostly from these forums) who are there. WildWill - be good to meet up. I think I'm beng roped into manning a drink/gel station en route if interested? We'll be in the pub afterwards although you'll probably be in the gym.....

In case you're wndering why I'm not running, I am working with a marathon coach until Brighton next April and I have agreed to do whatever he tells me to do, which was basically "stop f***ing around and start training properly." No marathons, no ultras, no triathlons, no pizza, no getting drunk *yawns* 

Nurse Ratched    pirate
13/10/2012 at 09:19
IronCat5 in the Hat wrote (see)

Branded!

At least I now know what the ink would look like if I had some colour put in it.  So long as it's red.

Nurse Ratched    pirate
13/10/2012 at 09:21

Spoons, I admire your dedication

13/10/2012 at 09:23

Don`t you just love this weather 

13/10/2012 at 12:20
Cake wrote (see)

I most curtaning am and proud of it. Make sure you find will his doggy is gorgeous and his wife's brilliant.

Are you sure you didn't mean his doggy is brilliant and his wife is gorgeous ? 

13/10/2012 at 19:45
Evening all

37mile bike done today. Knee was very achey at the end, it's getting on my t..ts now, grrr.
May pay to stop cycling for a few weeks

5 mile run tomorrow.
IronCat5    pirate
13/10/2012 at 20:34

Can the cycling for a month. Concentrate on your swimming.

13/10/2012 at 22:03
Did my 20 mile run today, felt better than my 19 mile one although the wheels came off a tad at mile 18 by mile 19 I was ok again. Not sure how I'll manage the extra 6.2 on the day but I'll get there when I get there.
Did a 1hr sufferfest session in Friday night at the cycling academy it was my first ever time on a turbo and I had to ask how to change gears in my loaned modern bike! A tad embarrassing but apparently I have a very good peddling action well maybe perhaps they were just looking for something nice to say since I was so slow! Good news is i was non the worse for wear this morning so bring on the winter turbo sessions.
14/10/2012 at 09:17

Are turbo trainers really necessary? I am wondering how to do interval sessions on the road and what about long rides when its snow or ice. Surely its not the same doing long rides on the mountain bike.

M...eldy    pirate
14/10/2012 at 09:26

Turbo trainers are not essential and you can do intervals on the road but as you have highlighted once it becomes icy and dangerous that is when you might wish you had one ...

Long rides on a mountain bike or good, good for strength training and whilst you probably wouldnt want to do 5hrs + on one you shouldnt need to be doing that unless we have a very long and bad winter or you have a very early IM

You dont *have* to have a lot of things but they make life easier 

Had a lovely 2.5hrs out on the mountain bikes yesterday and they are so much fun

14/10/2012 at 09:34

Thank. Expensive business keeping fit But Christmas is just round the corner

IronCat5    pirate
14/10/2012 at 09:39
AliBear30 wrote (see)
Did my 20 mile run today, felt better than my 19 mile one although the wheels came off a tad at mile 18 by mile 19 I was ok again. Not sure how I'll manage the extra 6.2 on the day but I'll get there when I get there.
Did a 1hr sufferfest session in Friday night at the cycling academy it was my first ever time on a turbo and I had to ask how to change gears in my loaned modern bike! A tad embarrassing but apparently I have a very good peddling action well maybe perhaps they were just looking for something nice to say since I was so slow! Good news is i was non the worse for wear this morning so bring on the winter turbo sessions.

You are a machine! 1 hr sufferfest followed by a 20 mile run

Glad to hear the wheels went back on again during the run. On my looong runs I also seem to fall apart in the penultimate mile. Probably as the end is so near, but the last mile is still to come.

Once the mara is done you can really hammer the turbo. AIm to walk like John Wayne afterwards

Edited: 14/10/2012 at 09:40
14/10/2012 at 11:41

morning

Ali - well done

I did my 20 mile run today, well, I have to say it was run/walk because I took far too many walk breaks, but it was still 20 miles and I now feel fairly confident. Only another 6 miles - Ali we can do it!

Going to get my OH to download some sufferfest and put them onto dvd for me - he says he has some software he can use to do that. I can pretend to be bad at those kind of things to get him to do it for me

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.