Fatman to Ironman

Another Ironman journey

6,301 to 6,320 of 10,128 messages
20/10/2012 at 15:40
Sorry for keeping you awake Melds

Good work Tim, nice to see you back on track.

Did no cycling since last Sat due to 'the issue' but decided to do the Tri clubs confidence ride today as knee felt fine. I'm pleased to say, 32 miles done and no issues

Will take another week off cycling though just to be sure. Be all ready for the off road event on 28th then
20/10/2012 at 15:46
Just signed up for this, free indoor triathlon

http://www.virginactive.co.uk/indoor-triathlon/the-event.aspx
20/10/2012 at 17:11

SD - looks different. Even I could complete that one.

20/10/2012 at 17:46
Can someone tell me more about sufferfest ? I know what it is, but how fit do i need to be before jumping on board? And how to make a 2hr session work beyond rewind-replay?

And the competition: spinnervals being one i found
M...eldy    pirate
20/10/2012 at 17:58

WHy would you need a 2hr session ??

Nurse Ratched    pirate
20/10/2012 at 19:31
SausageDog wrote (see)

Damn.  Afraid I'm going to be in a 5-star hotel that weekend.

M...eldy    pirate
20/10/2012 at 19:36

Oh damn ..... how awfull for you !!   

I am not looking forward to getting up at sily o'clock tomorrow but at least the forecast looks better than it did !

IronCat5    pirate
20/10/2012 at 20:02

Today was loverly 85 km loop via Streatley Hill to Newbury and back. Ran out of energy at Thatcham, but was given a magic gel with some HTFU and a stern talking to (was going to get the train back). Rode back in to Reading with a smile. Legs FUBAR'd now though.

Next week I'll ensure I have some energy drink and gels at the ready, and won't do a track session Friday morning.

Enjoy tomorrow Melds, and anyone else out and about!

Nurse Ratched    pirate
20/10/2012 at 20:27

I've been looking at the Sufferfest vid's.  
Which one is going to be most beneficial to my IM training?

ChallengeGoGoGas    pirate
20/10/2012 at 20:31
Glad u enjoyed your tri session nursey, wot u going to do when I need your passport?

Tim great time mate that's awesome

Gym session for me today, bike tomorrow... Have made the mistake of looking at vintage bike frames and started toying with the idea of building one, fortunately I don't know how to build a bike so hopefully the thought will pass AND there's the small matter of finding storage - also not simple!
20/10/2012 at 20:32
Typo u need ur passport, I'm not going to need ur passport obviously!
M...eldy    pirate
20/10/2012 at 20:33

Ive not used them Nursey, I would think they would all have their uses as part of a plan, given that you will be doing 3 to 4 bike sessions a week poss 1 or 2 of them may be on a turbo and therefore short sessions of about an hour then I would think variety is the key, hence my question earlier to Sgt Lard as to why you would want to do a 2 hr turbo, long rides should with the best of intentions be done outside 

OrangeCannon kona-6    pirate
20/10/2012 at 22:40

so is this the 2012 ironman training thread?

I thought I'd wonder in and read back a bit but,,,, 320pages and its only October!!!!
Is the new pirate intake way too enthusiastic or just very wordy?

20/10/2012 at 22:50
OC in a word, well no maybe two words or is it one?!?

Both possibly...
Nurse Ratched    pirate
20/10/2012 at 23:21

Gas - managed to sneak over the border undetected.  But it was dark and foggy

OC, we're just frightfully enthusiastic

20/10/2012 at 23:54

Just bought a turbo trainer.  Going to hurt, innit?

21/10/2012 at 08:17

DTT - depends what you do with it!

Nurse Ratched    pirate
21/10/2012 at 08:50
M...eldy wrote (see)

Ive not used them Nursey, I would think they would all have their uses as part of a plan, given that you will be doing 3 to 4 bike sessions a week poss 1 or 2 of them may be on a turbo and therefore short sessions of about an hour then I would think variety is the key, hence my question earlier to Sgt Lard as to why you would want to do a 2 hr turbo, long rides should with the best of intentions be done outside 

Thanks Meldy.  I think an hour on t'turbo is more than enough!  However, between my work and hubby's, the machine is sometimes the only way I can get my biking done.

Rafiki    pirate
21/10/2012 at 10:00
SausageDog wrote (see)

SD - you do know its all backwards - the swim comes last, so don't get confused!!(they don't want their gym equipment gettng wet!!)

Gas - I see BikeScience have the new Boardman Air and SLR 9.2 with Shimano Di2 in stock - and i'm going there next month - could get expensive

21/10/2012 at 12:31
Raf, yes mate. Rather than their gym stuff getting wet, we can all go diving into the pool nice and sweaty

6 mile on & off road run done this morning.

Turbos, i'll be sticking pins in my eyes before i get on one of them again. Sure you'll love it Tim
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.