Fatman to Ironman

Another Ironman journey

6,341 to 6,360 of 10,139 messages
ChallengeGoGoGas    pirate
21/10/2012 at 19:07
Thx maths...

Marriott Hanbury Manor Mouldy

Boys... Not sure what to say, it certainly did put my vintage Colnago hand painted frame into perspective - I'll keep it in my dreams, along with the alu deep section mirror finish rims, campag chorus chainset, a matching Colnago saddle, and some custom bull bars and levers
21/10/2012 at 20:41

Had a totally decadent weekend -- curry, beer, wine, cake.  Tres naughty, back to being a Good Boy tomorrow.  Still, surprised to find myself lighter than I have been for 15 years!  

IronCat5    pirate
21/10/2012 at 20:47

A good curry can do that...

O.rangeCannon (kona-7)    pirate
22/10/2012 at 06:46
First week of proper training done.
Big ride yesterday before the weather gets crap

I feel shaterred. Achy ankles, lethargic legs... Arms and shoulders know about the ride as well.
Unfortunatley i have a bike in/part run home commute followed by a swim tonight

Got to get up and get it done.
speed doesnt matter, just keeping on going despite being tired

Who put my rest day on a Friday?
Rafiki    pirate
22/10/2012 at 08:38
IronCat5 in the Hat wrote (see)
Rafiki wrote (see)
mathschick wrote (see)

gastank - it will be worth it

So would a nice carbon road bike!!

I bet it's for our free bar though. Gas is that kind of guy.

Ah - never thought of that - cheers Gas!!

Ironholgs    pirate
22/10/2012 at 08:45

Morning All,

Out running before 6am again, great way to start the week. Ended up running 40 miles last week, not bad for the off season and my first full week back in training.
Throwing myself into this, is good for keeping me sane.

22/10/2012 at 09:07

jesus. 40 miles sounds like lots. im getting to about 18-20, but 40, in the off season. damn

and what about bike and getting wet ?

starting to look like a job this going long lark

Ironholgs    pirate
22/10/2012 at 09:28

swimming was two hours, and the bike was just an hour.

22/10/2012 at 10:48

Nice going Holgs.

Your training is a little more impressive than mine.  My training for last week consisted of a ride on Sat and a ride on Sun, from my house 1 mile down to the local pub to pick the car up from the night before 

22/10/2012 at 10:51

i discovered that's it's not a good idea to do a hard sufferfest session the night before a long run this weekend. So shan't do that again, long run was not so long as had to cut short to 9 miles due to stupid nutrition and aches form the sufferfest but lessons learnt and all good.

Bike is still a work in progress , frame is done and she's been rebuilt, new saddle seat stem and peddles soon and then I think we will be there.

Here she is as of now.  She's going to have to have a new name but I'm all out of ideas.

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/712401/gallery/img_0294_(640x480).jpg?width=350

22/10/2012 at 12:13
Nurse Ratched wrote (see)

BBT - no training aids at all? I know somw pools don't allow paddles, but yours sounds a bit extreme.

I think they may allow pull bouys but other than that I think everything else is not allwed, unless you go to the swimming club sessions.

22/10/2012 at 12:57
Ironholgs wrote (see)

Morning All,

Out running before 6am again, great way to start the week. Ended up running 40 miles last week, not bad for the off season and my first full week back in training.
Throwing myself into this, is good for keeping me sane.

Racing snake

WildWill    pirate
22/10/2012 at 13:31
AliBear .. Very retro so needs a retro name .... Like Maud
Nurse Ratched    pirate
22/10/2012 at 15:05

Or Ethel

Nurse Ratched    pirate
22/10/2012 at 15:05

Ermentrude?

Nurse Ratched    pirate
22/10/2012 at 16:23

Went to the pool this afternoon and did some technique drills.  Been up most of the night with ill wee man, so I'm knackered and was pretty shocking in the water but felt better for going.
An older lady who was just starting to learn FC told me she was using me as her model!  
How come after just one swim with the tri club, I can manage bilateral breathing? Something which, up to now, had resulted in near-drowning. 

M...eldy    pirate
22/10/2012 at 16:37

ALi unless its the photo angle, the nose on the saddle needs to come down  

I like Ethel, I was going to say Gladys but I dont think he'd be impressed  !!

Nursey because like Meldy told you .... one day it will just click ...  and it just did 

Rafiki    pirate
22/10/2012 at 16:40

Ethel has my vote!

Ali - its not a Raleigh Record is it?

22/10/2012 at 19:25

Call it Dave after Rodney from OFAH.

M...eldy    pirate
22/10/2012 at 19:35

There is something about that sentance that isn't quite right 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.