Fatman to Ironman

Another Ironman journey

6,401 to 6,420 of 10,128 messages
ChallengeGoGoGas    pirate
23/10/2012 at 20:49
Done tonight.... Cycle to the gym and back and at the gym....

Box jumps and BB Bent Over Row superset (3x10 of each)

BB Push Press and Pull Ups superset (5x5 or death)

Straight Arm Pull Downs, Reverse Ezy BB Curl and Ezy BB French Curl Clusters (3x10 each assuming not dead after superset two!)

Suspect sleep may arrive shortly this evening

Good effort on the bilateral breathing nursey yesterday

Epic run effort boss, 40miles last week and your efforts so far this week are damn impressive!
Nurse Ratched    pirate
23/10/2012 at 20:50

Ooooh - ripped Gas

M...eldy    pirate
23/10/2012 at 20:54

I do a few bits at the gym (and need to get back into that routine actually) but I dont know what they are called in technical terms 

23/10/2012 at 21:04
My 30 weeks begins Jan 7th. Only other events i intend to do before IMUK are an Olympic & middle distance race.

I'm doing the 40 mile off roader on sunday, Norwich half marathon on 25th November then i'm taking December off from any training. Christmas parties on 30th Nov, 7th Dec, 14th Dec. 31st Dec will ensure that.
M...eldy    pirate
23/10/2012 at 21:05

Oh yes, the Christmas Party Contingency Plan

CPCP  

23/10/2012 at 21:07
I follow a very specific 12 week strength and conditioning programme melds that I got when I used to have a PT who studied under Charles Poquin and Brian Mackenzie so it really works but it's hard

Tonight was good but gym very busy and I think that impacts on my focus slightly so my weights were down - its deffo going to take time to get back to normal

Enjoying the bike but being London in rush hour it has it's moments! Not terribly far probably about 10 miles total

Nursey - errrr I think it will be a while but certainly on the long/medium term cards
M...eldy    pirate
23/10/2012 at 21:09

I tend to do upper body weights and core stuff  .. and then I make use of their foam rollers  

IronCat5    pirate
23/10/2012 at 21:15

As I'm focused entirely on short stuff now, I used tonight's club run as my long run.

10km, aiming for an average pace of 4:33/km. Start to ramp the pace after a few km to the target pace, then beast up the pace towards the end. Now to work it out with a foam roller.

I should probably do some weight work to get more power in my arms for swimming, especially my left arm which is underused, DUE TO A BAD SHOULDER!

I know what you were thinking you filthmongers....

M...eldy    pirate
23/10/2012 at 21:18

Filthmongers ????!!!!    I think you are clearly in the wrong thread   

23/10/2012 at 21:20
I do whole body split into sections, legs are a large focus as not surprising the largest muscles, more muscle = more fat burning and there just some bits that cycling and running don't get to in the same way as "squatfest"

Anyway speaking of "fests" I am planning to buy sufferfest and I am (have been for while now) currently designing a BTC (bike torture chamber) in my office - out with the couch in with the turbo and telly - will make the facility to hook up lappie and already have wireless network - chuck in a Bluetooth keyboard with built in track pad and a Bluetooth headset and conference calls on the turbo could be intetesting ... Will need to check noise levels though (mental note noise cancelling headset might be better) - planning to put the key board on the tri bars
WildWill    pirate
23/10/2012 at 21:23
When I do weights, I sometimes split things between front body and rear body or alternatively I do full body in 1 session
23/10/2012 at 21:43
Yep lots of people do that Will, it's also very effective, I quite like only having parts of me wrecked at a time and also sadly enjoy the process of really wrecking one section at a time....
23/10/2012 at 22:00
Nurse Ratched wrote (see)

Ooooh - ripped Gas

Dont worry Nurse, I have the same problem after swimming.

24/10/2012 at 13:38

Well done Gas, signed up to IMUK yet?

24/10/2012 at 13:57

Had a great swim last night, one hour of drills, swam about a mile. For me that's good, feeling pretty happy about that.

Nice hour's run this morning with the dog -- muddy, wet, great fun.

Ironholgs    pirate
24/10/2012 at 14:38

Nice one, well done mate. Glad to see you having some success with the swimming.

24/10/2012 at 15:12

3 mile lunch time run done and got a club swim session tonight .

M...eldy    pirate
24/10/2012 at 17:24

Rest Day ... yipeee  

IronCat5    pirate
24/10/2012 at 17:29

Track session tonight.

5 x 800m at 3min. Turbo tomorrow and swim Friday. Then a week in France avec la familie. EuroDisney, wine, cheese etc.

24/10/2012 at 18:45

no treadmill tonight ! a four mile run through/loop around London. I mean. Running. Outside. On the pavement/road. sweet

except for pedestrians, cyclists, white vans, traffic lights, buses and road works....grrr

feet hurt like buggery now.

same again in the morning!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.