Fatman to Ironman

Another Ironman journey

6,601 to 6,620 of 10,149 messages
Cortina5    pirate
04/11/2012 at 22:21

I have some bands. Mainly use them for stretching hamstrings and sorting shoulder out. Came witha girly DVD that promises to remove bingo wing sag and increase my bust!

Which league are you in Spoons?

05/11/2012 at 07:15

Norfolk

05/11/2012 at 10:04

Back in the land of the living , over all aches today which I take as a good sign but must admit my left knee is the worst of everything. Going to ring up the sports massage chap and see that would help or if I should leave it for a while yet.

Good news though I can now post a picture of my glorious "new" racer , all ready for outlaw courtesy of Bridgtown cycles who were fantastic in sorting everything out and finding ways to make the old girl work again.

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/712401/gallery/img_0304_(640x480).jpg?width=350

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/712401/gallery/img_0305_(640x480).jpg?width=350

I have new angled stem coming to try as they didn't have a small enough one in stock, only the straight version. Which ever suits best I keep and send the other back in the post. Also get a free fitting early next year to make sure it's all still as it should be once I build up some muscle.

Timing is perfect I may have zero desire to run but I'm looking forward to getting back on my bike.

M...eldy    pirate
05/11/2012 at 12:13

Nice wheels Ali ... I love the retro feel 

05/11/2012 at 12:21

Bridgetown cycles. Thats almost my local shop  Just not my regular shop. Not that I shop alot since the t'internet came along. unless the OH wants me to.

how was the fitting service ?

05/11/2012 at 12:52

I'd say excellent SL din't be put off by a youthfull fitter! He spotted I had one leg longer than the other before I even got round to mentioning it and it's not by much so not easy to spot.

He also though his way round a few dead ends to make my current bike fit even though the frame is technically a size bigger than he'd recommend for me. Overhalled her there on site and gave her a bit of a tune up whilst they were at it and sorted out a hub issue on the back wheel.

With the free recheck I think I'm good to go. Oh and also he came up with the cheaper options as a starting point which makes a nice change from shops usually recommending the most expensive option to start with.

05/11/2012 at 17:33
05/11/2012 at 18:36
AliBear30 wrote (see)

Back in the land of the living , over all aches today which I take as a good sign but must admit my left knee is the worst of everything. Going to ring up the sports massage chap and see that would help or if I should leave it for a while yet.

I would say that you are better off having a massage soooner rather than later, will speed up the recovery process, it might hurt a little more shile getting it done tho 

ChallengeGoGoGas    pirate
05/11/2012 at 19:11
Great looking bike Ali and well done on mara, love the retro suicide shift feel!

In latest news....

Think I'm going to turn historically expensive but old mtb into a fixie to avoid the you can't have another bike conversation - if I rebuild it, then technically it isn't new - haven't decided on colour - yellow, possibly white or.... Off white/cream and then black components? Was toying with cream and chrome and brown brooks saddle but will get stupidly expensive....

Oh I'm through

Challenge Barcelona here I come...
Cortina5    pirate
05/11/2012 at 19:19

W00p!

I turned Mrs Cat5's old MTB in to a fixie. It cost me less than £3 in total, and an hour to do it.

WildWill    pirate
05/11/2012 at 19:25
Evening all

Just a steady session for me tonite

- 2hrs spin including drills
- 20mins core work
05/11/2012 at 19:28
Lol cat, yep I know it's not expensive and I have some spare wheels but... I'd like it to be a bit more "sorted".. And I'd like to get a rigid fork to replace the 1999 bomber z3

Anyone looking for second hand mtb parts u know where to come - think ill need a stall at a car boot or a large eBay shop shortly
Rafiki    pirate
05/11/2012 at 19:29

Congrats Gas! Well done mate! Best start training now......

M...eldy    pirate
05/11/2012 at 19:32

Nice one Gas ... sounds like you are in for a good journey

05/11/2012 at 19:40
Thanks guys

Should be very cool, first research group meeting on the 20th at the university, we have to bring diaries to co-ordinate testing every 2 mths - from talking to the prof sounds like it will be fink esque starting in Jan and they DONT want us to radically shift gear now.. My VO2 was a rather pathetic 37 so lots of room for improvement!

Will continue to do bits and focus on strength and conditioning Programme, might up my cycling a bit and really need to start running again

Thanks guys well chuffed
WildWill    pirate
05/11/2012 at 19:41
I thought about a fixie once ... Then came to my Sences
05/11/2012 at 19:51

Gas - well done, how exciting

Nurse Ratched    pirate
05/11/2012 at 20:00

Go Gas!  Well done.  What's Spanish for "Baconlube"?

05/11/2012 at 20:18
LOL - ill have to look it up nursey... Need to be careful don't want to get arrested in a foreign country!
Cortina5    pirate
05/11/2012 at 20:59
Gastank wrote (see)
LOL - ill have to look it up nursey... Need to be careful don't want to get arrested in a foreign country!

Then you'll really need the baconlube!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.