25/11/2012 at 15:14

Nice time SD  .. well done !!!

I went to Twickers yesterday, shame both teams played shite  

25/11/2012 at 15:26

SD - well done, brilliant time for your first HM

25/11/2012 at 15:30
Woo well done SD great time.
25/11/2012 at 16:04

Well done SD. Great time for a first HM. Especially in those tough conditions. Everyone ran 5 minutes slower than they expected to. Even the winner ran 72 after running 68 last year and last year was mega windy too. I did see you and shouted across a crowded room but you either didn't hear or more likely pretended not to and rushed off!

I had a truly horrible day and scraped in a PW of 1:45. I'm blaming illness, the wind, ongoing weight issues and a general lack of fitness. Not necessarily in that order....

25/11/2012 at 16:23

Top job SD, nice going!  And well done everyone else, too.  

I ran the Bath Hilly Half off-road half marathon.  Clue's in the name, really ... but feck me it was hilly!  1600 feet of ascent/descent, beaucoup mud puddles to my knees.  Weather was kind -- sunny, other than a little shower.  Think I managed about 2:20, happy with that considering the difficulty.

It's going to hurt in the morning.

25/11/2012 at 17:13

Well done Tim

Didnt hear you Spoons, sorry, was that before the race? Good time mate, you must have been close to Budgie.

Great Trianglia turn out, runners and spectators. Got some great support on the way round

25/11/2012 at 17:17

Fantastic SD

Thats my goal for february. I don't even mind adding on 59 seconds

IronCat5    pirate
25/11/2012 at 20:06

Well done all that raced today. Certainly not PB conditions. Great run SD, onwards and upwards!

About a minute slower at today's XC than last year, but placed higher. It was like bog snorkling for the most of it.

25/11/2012 at 21:37
25/11/2012 at 21:59

Good going all, conditions this weekend have been totally crap. 

It was a good job I spent all day Saturday in doors at a swim clinic run by Harry Wiltshire and Non Stanford (name dropping ), had an awesome day and learnt hell of a lot, so hopefully now will knock a bit of time off my swim.

Its really helpful to have your swim stroke videod and critiqued. Anyone that is think of getting it done but not sure if its worth it I would say get it done, its worth every penny if your want to improve.

25/11/2012 at 22:19
Thats on my list of things to do when i have a few quid spare BBT. Everyone i know has said they are really useful
Ironholgs    pirate
26/11/2012 at 08:37

MA

well done speedy racer types, impressive performances by Tim and SD.

lost my fell running virginity last saturday with a 3hr jaunt over Inglebrough, there was more mud than a Hellrunner event ( loved it ) then went to Disneyland Paris to recover and celebrate life beginning allegedly - then spent the first few days of being 40 in agony with an infected tooth.

The drugs seem to be working now but the cold really hurt this morning on the bike. I just need to man up I guess

Tired Badger    pirate
26/11/2012 at 13:17

Nice racing Tim and SD in horrid conditions.

I was aiming to do a long bike, decided to scrap the bike due to the conditions and did a long run instead. 16 m @ 8:00mm pace, felt comftable.

Running club tonights at the track so I intend to do my running max heart rate test, already sort of booked it with the coach now dreading the puke feeling. Tomorrow I aim to do the bike one ready to set my zones for the Fink plan.

I really thik I need a bit of a kick in the ass to get out on the bike more, I seem to default to running all to often.

26/11/2012 at 13:42

well done tim and sd. magnificantly motivational for me.

IronH - fell running is proper mental. going to disneyland just confirms the diagnosis.

can almost run on my ankle now...... so I probably should.

Ironholgs    pirate
26/11/2012 at 13:50

Cake that looks interesting, week after Helsby. After only 1/2 an hour on saturday I'd agreed to run at least one night time leg of the Bob Graham Round with my mate. That's going to be fun.

Ironholgs    pirate
26/11/2012 at 13:51

You don't need a fell or the house of mouse to quantify my sanity or the lack of it Sgt.

IronCat5    pirate
26/11/2012 at 14:04

Holgs, we did Disneyland Paris at half term. I wouldn't say it was relaxing...

Sgt - wait until you *can* run on it. Then you should!

TB - a good strong run. My longest run under Fink last year was 19 miles (I was doing run/walk). Don't rely on the run fitness to see you through your IM, but do spend more time on the bike. From my sruvey of one, It is about the bike, but once you're off your bike you, as a runner, will suddenly realise it is actually about the run. And this is where you will steadily start creeping past people and gaining places. But it is nothing without a good bike that leaves you enough energy to run the race.

26/11/2012 at 17:24

BBT - I am booked in for a swimsmooth clinic for the day in January - really looking forward to it and hoping it will help speed me up a bit!

Can't imagine going to Disneyland - my idea of hell I think!

26/11/2012 at 18:05
Well done Holgs & thanks for putting more ideas in my head.

Fell running, sounds cool
M...eldy    pirate
26/11/2012 at 19:43

Fell running sounds sheer madness  

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.