Fatman to Ironman

Another Ironman journey

6,961 to 6,980 of 10,137 messages
26/11/2012 at 19:57
Sounds perfect for a complete numpty to have a go and then write a book about it.
Ironholgs    pirate
26/11/2012 at 21:22
mathschick wrote (see)

BBT - I am booked in for a swimsmooth clinic for the day in January - really looking forward to it and hoping it will help speed me up a bit!

Can't imagine going to Disneyland - my idea of hell I think!

Love it, was my second time at Paris. And I've been to Disneyworld in Florida over ten times, can't get enough it.

mathschick wrote (see)

BBT - I am booked in for a swimsmooth clinic for the day in January - really looking forward to it and hoping it will help speed me up a bit!

Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)
Sounds perfect for a complete numpty to have a go and then write a book about it.
mathschick wrote (see)

ha ha, not likely.

mathschick wrote (see)

Cake wrote (see)

Cool if you need any more bodies for the bob graham round just shout. nothing like a dirty weekend in the lakes.

will ask next time I'm running with him, he's also doing Norseman and Celtman - he's having an easy season next year.

26/11/2012 at 21:24
See what I mean about numpty ?

TLS bought me a book on the BGR. Think she is trying to kill me
Ironholgs    pirate
26/11/2012 at 21:27

I did type a response along the lines of, "I don't Think so" - fell running has it's definitive book, I don't think I could do it better, and I don't want to live on the fells.

Tired Badger    pirate
27/11/2012 at 08:51

Thanks Cat,.  

IronCat5 in the Hat wrote (see)

TB - a good strong run. My longest run under Fink last year was 19 miles (I was doing run/walk).

I was wondering about run/walk strategies, or basically the run stratergy. Should I not worry about it till i've got a longer brick under my belt, or should I plan for it ahead?

There's been quite alot of talk about heart rates on other threads, but I did a max test last night and got a result of 245. I was thinking my 305's heart rate monitor must be faulty?, I'm going to do my bike max test tonight wearing both my 305 and a cheapy karimoor HR monitor I have.

Edited: 27/11/2012 at 08:52
IronCat5    pirate
27/11/2012 at 08:59
Tired Badger wrote (see)

Thanks Cat,.  

IronCat5 in the Hat wrote (see)

TB - a good strong run. My longest run under Fink last year was 19 miles (I was doing run/walk).

I was wondering about run/walk strategies, or basically the run stratergy. Should I not worry about it till i've got a longer brick under my belt, or should I plan for it ahead?

There's been quite alot of talk about heart rates on other threads, but I did a max test last night and got a result of 245. I was thinking my 305's heart rate monitor must be faulty?, I'm going to do my bike max test tonight wearing both my 305 and a cheapy karimoor HR monitor I have.

So I had a Feb HM as an A-race. After this all my LSRs were done at run walk - Set the alarm for 10 minutes - so run 10 *beep* walk 1 run 9 *beep* walk 1 run 9 *beep* etc. I was averaging under 8:30/mile. All other runs were run.

Can you view the data from last night on Garmin connect or similar? You'll probably find the 245 is a static spike, and there is an upwards trend on the HR. Pick the highest non-spike.

27/11/2012 at 12:16

Did a quick write-up of the weekend's half marathon

Ironholgs    pirate
27/11/2012 at 12:28

Nice write up.

27/11/2012 at 12:50

Great report - sounds like fun!

27/11/2012 at 22:05
Went out for a little nine mile ride on the Boardman tonight. First time ive been on the racer since mid October.

Cold, dark, windy & wet but god it felt good. I love cycling, made me realise just how much i'd missed it.
27/11/2012 at 22:09
http://www.thebrutal.co.uk/double_brutal.html

IronCat5    pirate
27/11/2012 at 22:10

It's been a while since I rode at night, but maybe I will again soon. It's nice when you're wrapped up warm and have a good light. Like a guilty pleasure.

M...eldy    pirate
27/11/2012 at 22:35

1hr in the pool and 2 in the gym for me today - just a little matter of a night shift to go before I can sleep it all off tho !

27/11/2012 at 22:44

One hour beasting in the pool, loosened the legs up nicely!

M...eldy    pirate
27/11/2012 at 23:02

Nice one Tim!

8 hrs to go and I am flagging already

28/11/2012 at 10:49

SD - you're just getting silly now.....

Tired Badger    pirate
28/11/2012 at 16:48

I definatly think my garmin HR monitor is faulty, heart rate recorded on run with garmin at peak intensity was constand around 240 ish for a few mins, Last night with karrimmor cheapo HR monitor on the bike I couldn't get over 160. going to wear the karrimoor on a run tonight to test.

IronCat5    pirate
28/11/2012 at 21:33

How d'ye get on with the HRM TB?

Run track session tonight. 400m with 60s rest, then 50s etc down to 20s, then back up the rest periods. It amazes me how much distance we rack up on a track session;even though the reps were only 3600m, we did over 10km in total.

Oh - and I won the club TD Tri award at the annual awards night!

Edited: 28/11/2012 at 21:33
Dustboy    pirate
28/11/2012 at 21:52

Badger, download it and clear the memory. Worked on mine!

28/11/2012 at 22:00

Oo its a cold one tonight, Brick done, first ride in the dark, was quite enjoyable. Then went to the pool to do a swim but the pool is closed  because of an "incident"  maybe I should leave the swimming for a week just incase 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.