Fatman to Ironman

Another Ironman journey

7,061 to 7,080 of 10,139 messages
07/12/2012 at 10:05

Done 2 hours on a treadmill before and it was sooo boring. Good luck to him.

Have fallen off my bike twice this week! Once on the road bike 100yards from home and yeasterday on mountain bike. The ice didnt break when I hit it so the bike just went from under me

Not done much this week as my chest hurts a bit on and off so thought I'd preserve myself for the big week. Starting Outlaw on Monday. But just been for a run with the dog. It was sheety cold ice. Not nice and dog looks like a drowned rat.

Good training all of you over the weekend.

07/12/2012 at 10:59
Southern Snail wrote (see)

Good training all of you over the weekend.

I don't think my training will do much to get me round at Outlaw, but it will be good training for celebrating after 

07/12/2012 at 11:46

Rocco, yep, I'm in Goytre between Pontypool and Abergavenny.  Also planning on joining NEWTS in New Year. 

07/12/2012 at 18:47

Well impressed with Alpkit head torch, just took mine on a 3 mile run (first time), so much better than the 3x more expensive Petzl I've been using.

M...eldy    pirate
07/12/2012 at 19:03

Alpkit is the dogs danglies

I have done an hours swim inc a CSS Test and then I have sweated for 90 mins in the gym .. warm weather training 

08/12/2012 at 11:53
Morning all.

2nd Christmas party down & zero collateral damage. In fact, feeling quite fresh this morning. 1 more to go next Friday.

On the torch subject. My rechargeable head torch cum bike light arrived this morning.

The light part has a wire permanently attached though which then connects to the rechargeable battery. It has straps etc for attaching to bike, but then dangly wire, anyone else use one of these. Is it just a case of cable tying it up for winter riding? Wondered what others do, i'm probably just going to chuck the battery etc in my tri bag, seems the simplest/neatest way
M...eldy    pirate
08/12/2012 at 18:07

Cable ties would seem to be the way to go I think SD

08/12/2012 at 20:10
Took it for a test tonight. Brilliant light. Went down some dark old Norfolk lanes, lit them up great. Was fine with battery in the tri bag.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121013631498?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT
Nurse Ratched    pirate
09/12/2012 at 11:06

Morning all

Well, I honestly can't remember when I last had a cold this nasty.  Day 3 of feeling like crap.  Not going to work tonight, going under the duvet with a hot toddy intead.

And just to put the cherry on the cake, the coffee machine packed in (this is a major issue for an addict such as myself).  However, thanks to the lovely people at John Lewis, there is now a wee corner of the kitchen which is graced by brand spanking new bean-to-cup shinyness .  The downside to this being that I currently have no sense of taste.  I shall just have to stand and gaze lovingly at it.

09/12/2012 at 12:34
Afternoon one and all

Spent an hour on Friday with a wonderful Physio who, with a fair amount of "gentle" prodding, has gotten my recently operated ankle to move within 1 degree of its per op range.

Granted, the ankle remains somewhat uncomfortable although it's clearly well on the mend.

I'm in good spirits. Festive almost.
09/12/2012 at 12:41
Afternoon all.

Phew, good news on the coffee front Nursey.

Good news on the ankle as well ID.

Just been out for a 4.5 mile trot round the woods & UEA lake. Really nice just jogging for fun and not worrying about time or distance.

Despite writing the weekend off due to self inflicted over indulgence, i have actually managed this weekend. The aforementioned run, a 1 hour dog walk & an 8 mile bike.
09/12/2012 at 13:19

afternoon all

nursey - hope you feel better soon

lovely day, but not much time to get outside, did an hour on the turbo early this morning, hoping to get out for a little run this afternoon and a swim this evening

ID - good news on the ankle. 2 weeks of school to get through before I feel festive

09/12/2012 at 17:03
M...eldy    pirate
09/12/2012 at 17:21

Evening all

Nothing for me today, sleeping off nights and then catching up on chores I should have done in Spring ... anyroad, I now have 3 clear days to beast myself and having done the CSS Test on Friday I have a lovely 18 x 100m set to do in the pool tomorrow

Nursey I do hope you feel better soon ... its nearly time to get training !!!

09/12/2012 at 17:23

Nursey needs nursing, sorry you're feeling poorly.

Lots of cross-training this weekend -- cutting down a tree yesterday, decorating today. I fecking hate decorating.  Hour on the turbo later.

IronCat5    pirate
09/12/2012 at 21:31

Evening all.

3.5 hrs on the bike yesterday to/from/with tri club, then horrendously hilly XC in Braddenham Woods. Chiltern100 course goes past the front door of this XC so you can probably guess how lumpy it was!

Tree up, kids happy, mulled wine drunk. Zzzzz.

Enjoy the swim Meldy. I must get back in the pool soon.

M...eldy    pirate
09/12/2012 at 21:41

The climb up to Bradenham is lovely... not  

Ironholgs    pirate
10/12/2012 at 08:51

MA

45 minute run before 6am this morning and a 45 minute speed walk warm down to work. Will run tonight - hopefully be less icy. Bit chesty when plodding today.

Some good training by everyone. Good news on ankles, bad news on colds.

SD - I've been using one of those for the past year, great light, sometimes runs a bit hot but never been a problem.

Good luck to everyone starting their 30 week Fink plan today for the Outlaw, enjoy the rest day

10/12/2012 at 10:07

Nice ten mile run up to Folly Tower and back to start the day!  It takes in the hilly and muddy part of the Blaenavon Triathlon, which I'm hoping to do in May.  Hard work!

10/12/2012 at 12:34
Ironholgs wrote (see)

Good luck to everyone starting their 30 week Fink plan today for the Outlaw, enjoy the rest day

Ditto on that one

Swimming lesson with trianglia for me tonight

The club has also been given 3 VLM tickets so I'm in the draw for that now. May need to adjust the Fink plan to accomodate the marathon training now

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.