Fatman to Ironman

Another Ironman journey

7,701 to 7,720 of 10,137 messages
iron fraggle    pirate
31/01/2013 at 10:34
Nursery, strained the arch of my foot when trying to sort out one of my mtb pedals. (It was do tight I couldn't unclip my foot so strained it trying to get it out)
Have cycled to work today, aiming to have a longer ride home later. Foot is feeling a little better *crosses fingers *
31/01/2013 at 12:30

Germany is good if your into eating sausage and wearing leather pants.

Few days rest for those on the injury list i think. My shins are a bit sore so glad i've got two days off from running.

45 minute bike tonight. Hill training planned 

IronCat5    pirate
31/01/2013 at 12:37
Rest day here as part of mini taper. I may do some transition practise tomorrow.
I finally have some bling tri shoes that fit now. Ended up with size 42. Wiggle's sizing leaves alot to be desired...
Ironholgs    pirate
31/01/2013 at 14:56

Another crock - have a chest infection and orders from Doc not to train for one week, maybe two.

Germany = great country, Cologne is well worth a visit, as is Berlin and Hamburg.

Hope all those heading for the 'nackers yard' manage to change direction soon.

FoC
31/01/2013 at 15:48

Best of a speedy recovery everyone!

Injury - the 5th discipline for going long.

Ironholgs    pirate
31/01/2013 at 15:55

Australia has a proper name ?

IronCat5    pirate
31/01/2013 at 15:56
Convictland.
Ironholgs    pirate
31/01/2013 at 16:01

M...eldy    pirate
31/01/2013 at 19:17

It is indeed David but I dont have them fancy squiggles on my keyboard!

Holgs, better a week here than a month further down the line

I managed to run for an hour, after work which is usually a bad recipe ... usually very heavy footed and sluggish, precautionary icing going on and will see if my leg falls off in the morning

Will only be about 8 hours this week but with a work intensive week I am quite ok with that

31/01/2013 at 20:09

Decent ride for me tonight. Only 47 mins but climbed 659ft. Included the infamous Norwich Gas Hill & thought my lungs were going to burst. Got a PB on it though

FoC
31/01/2013 at 20:41
Pool closed tonight. Something about it needing to be cleaned.

By any other account I suppose that means someone took a crap in the shallow end.
M...eldy    pirate
01/02/2013 at 07:27

Morning uglies  

01/02/2013 at 07:38
Morning Melds
M...eldy    pirate
01/02/2013 at 07:40

What plans for today then sossige?

01/02/2013 at 07:41

Good swim with NEWT last night, knackering but fun.  Off for a run with the dog now. Happy training everyone, and to those with injuries or illness ... rest up, get well.

M...eldy    pirate
01/02/2013 at 07:44

Do you actually have a dog Tim or do you just pick up a random one on route? 

Nurse Ratched    pirate
01/02/2013 at 14:08

30 min on turbo yesterday.
Swim this morning, which went much, much better than Wednesday's disaster.  The pool was extremely busy and there were 3 other people already in the lane (only one lane, it's a wee pool), so it was cosy.  Thankfully, our lovely pool staff asked the chap who was doing backstroke in the already busy lane, if he wouldn't mind moving into the main pool.  I had intended doing Fink #18, but I find a crowded pool quite stressful and I couldn't get into my zone at all.  So it ended up being a warm up, 6x50m drills, 5x100m @ 20s, all of which was a bit disjointed due to having to work around other people's swim speed, and half an hour of steady lengths, trying to concentrate on technique, and engaging my core to improve position.  I really enjoyed it and I know I worked harder than I would have if I'd had the lane to myself or my own space in the main pool.
Another bonus was that our local GB age group sprint triathlete was in the pool, and we've arranged to do some training together (running and OW swimming).  I know we're at opposite ends of the spectrum, both in distance and ability, but she'll push me a bit and will be a good motivator.  We each know what the others goals are so we can adapt training to suit.

01/02/2013 at 14:20
Up and ready to do my planned 45 minute run. However, it's -18C with the wind so I think the dreadmill will have to do.
01/02/2013 at 15:03

Nice going NR, I take hope the age grouper doens't slow you down to much 

IY that is cold, and I was complaining when it was -5 here. 

01/02/2013 at 15:19

That was painful but done.  And also, not sure if it works over there but I've been using a mobile app called "Gym Pact."  Basically, you make a deal with yourself and set the stakes.  I agreed this week to do at least 5 30 minute workouts and if I don't, I pay $5 for each missed one.  If you complete your pact, you share the proceeds from all those who don't keep theirs.  I'm not getting rich, but more or less free cash, is free cash. If you want to take a look and see if it works, I can give you a referral code.  

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.