Fatman to Ironman

Another Ironman journey

7,741 to 7,760 of 10,137 messages
Nurse Ratched    pirate
02/02/2013 at 13:36

SD, you wee whippet!
I'm another one who doesn't do fast 

Yank, surely you could find some way of incorporating the cycling into your class topic, and go on a field trip? 

M...eldy    pirate
02/02/2013 at 13:40

I'd like to go on a field trip please 

02/02/2013 at 22:15

No field trip but did manage a little streaming while the students were working on a problem.  Now watching the Six Nations match (no spoilers please).  A direct quote from my daughter, "it's like soccer and football (NFL) had a baby. A BIG FAT BABY!"  I'm rather confused at the rules but learning.

Nurse Ratched    pirate
02/02/2013 at 23:06

Six Nations..................like the Superbowl but a lot less gay

Nurse Ratched    pirate
02/02/2013 at 23:06

03/02/2013 at 09:31

1hr 30min run done. 8.5 miles, furthest for the year

i quite like the superbowl, normally on way too late for me to watch though

03/02/2013 at 10:43

IY I don't think half the players know the rules, and the refs definitely don't 

M...eldy    pirate
03/02/2013 at 11:50

Nice run Sossige

BBT, spoken like a true welshman 

IronCat5    pirate
03/02/2013 at 12:18

Nice one SD.

BBT - they should stick to racing golf buggies on the M4.

IY - Most of my colleagues from the US are genuinly impressed with Rugby (I assume Union, not the northern-pansy League), I guess because there is no padding, and often the game is played in a quagmire compared to the squeaky clean astro turf and Persil-white padded uniforms of the NFL. I'm sure having a 17 tonne quarterback hit you in not trivial either though!

I've posted a race report from yesterday's du on the Shorter Tri thread.

M...eldy    pirate
03/02/2013 at 12:29

I was about to ask how that went Cat ...

IronCat5    pirate
03/02/2013 at 13:01

25th overall, 16th male senior. Last year the same time would have been 15th overall.  I have emailed for the breakdown for 35-39 AG.

I feel a bit dissapointed, though it was a tough field. Winner was Hugh Mackenzie, who is an Elite.

03/02/2013 at 13:23

Well that match was great fun.  I think I sort of figured it all out by the end.  The one thing that didn't seem to have any method to the madness was when they kicked it back to the other side.  I guess I'm just used to the set times you normally punt in American football.

I find it strange however, that both sides of the pond immediately make fun of the other's sports.  "Oh, NFL, wearing all those pads? Wimps!"  "Soccer? They never score!"  All I can say is that I wouldn't want to run into a 22 stone NFL player who can run like the wind nor one of those rugby players I saw yesterday who weren't quite as big but ran faster.  

Great job Cat!  I know we can only compete against ourselves but isn't it disappointing when you look at prior results and see where you would have finished?  The super sprint I did last Sunday, I was 6th out of 14th in my age group but my time this year would have won the AG last year.  Oh well!

IronCat5    pirate
03/02/2013 at 13:51
IronYank wrote (see)

Well that match was great fun.  I think I sort of figured it all out by the end.  The one thing that didn't seem to have any method to the madness was when they kicked it back to the other side.  I guess I'm just used to the set times you normally punt in American football.

I find it strange however, that both sides of the pond immediately make fun of the other's sports.  "Oh, NFL, wearing all those pads? Wimps!"  "Soccer? They never score!"  All I can say is that I wouldn't want to run into a 22 stone NFL player who can run like the wind nor one of those rugby players I saw yesterday who weren't quite as big but ran faster.  

Great job Cat!  I know we can only compete against ourselves but isn't it disappointing when you look at prior results and see where you would have finished?  The super sprint I did last Sunday, I was 6th out of 14th in my age group but my time this year would have won the AG last year.  Oh well!

Well done IY!

English Football (soccer) is for wimps and the overpaid.

03/02/2013 at 15:10
IronCat5 in the Hat wrote (see)

Nice one SD.

BBT - they should stick to racing golf buggies on the M4.

IY - Most of my colleagues from the US are genuinly impressed with Rugby (I assume Union, not the northern-pansy League), I guess because there is no padding, and often the game is played in a quagmire compared to the squeaky clean astro turf and Persil-white padded uniforms of the NFL. I'm sure having a 17 tonne quarterback hit you in not trivial either though!

I've posted a race report from yesterday's du on the Shorter Tri thread.

I know the player that was driving the buggie quite well he was a year below me in my school, we breed them well up here 

Nice going in the race Cat

iron fraggle    pirate
03/02/2013 at 16:05

swimming and mountain biking for me today.

well chuffed wth my swim, I've gone from doing 38-39 mins for a mile to 36.09 today   followed by a hilly hour and a half on the heavy mtb, and the foot is not complaining

apart from that, I've mostly been helping No2 son with his geography homework : they have to make a 'landscape in a box'  ie a miniature landscape in a shoebox. He's being inspired by some limestone caves we visited on holiday, so we have spent what seems like an eternity making stactites and stalegmites out of polymer clay, doing paper mache and painting.  we have finally finished

off for a lie down with a stiff drink......

03/02/2013 at 16:25
Still a great result Cat, well done.

Good bit of training fraggle

Went to Norfolk cycle show today. Got to meet Shaun Yates for a chat & a pic. Closest i'll ever come to a tour stage yellow jersey
Nurse Ratched    pirate
03/02/2013 at 18:57

An hour of running done this afternoon.  Really, really wasn't in the fettle and had to force myself out of the door, but had a great run and enjoyed every minute of it.

Didn't manage to bike yesterday so I may hop on the turbo once the weans are in bed.

03/02/2013 at 19:28
M...eldy    pirate
03/02/2013 at 19:38

I need to get back out to run tomorrow as well .. shelved one yesterday to be on the safe side and forgot that I'd find it difficult to slot in tomorrow!

Looong old day at the office today and still 90 mins from home time

FoC
03/02/2013 at 21:10
Hi Everyone. No real training this weekend aside from a little jog along the South Bank having had a day and night away in London with the newly 2 year old being hosted by the Inlaws.

Very touristy. Houses of Parliment. London Eye, Tate Modern (lost on me although my OH was / is an art historian in a past version of herself so she loved it).

Cracking weekend. Back to it tomorrow.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.