Fatman to Ironman

Another Ironman journey

7,761 to 7,780 of 10,137 messages
Rafiki    pirate
04/02/2013 at 10:35

IronDonkey - Tate Modern was lost on me too, until I found the bar on the 6th floor

Hours turbo first thing this morning, whilst watching Rihanna's top 20 videos on telly - seemed to go very quickly  

FoC
04/02/2013 at 14:49

Rafiki – There was a bar?  Damn it. I’m sure I’ll find something similar when I’m back there next weekend for one of the Kraftwerk concerts.

As for training, I ran before breakfast and had a really enjoyable session in the pool this lunchtime.  It was busy with 6 people in each of the lanes.  Thankfully we were all adult enough to give each other space so there wasn’t really any feeling of being hurried or that anyone was holding others up. 

Anyway.  Back to work.  Wish I didn't pong of Chlorine all the time.  I do shower pre and post swim, honest!

Nurse Ratched    pirate
04/02/2013 at 15:47

Swim this afternoon. Didn't have time to do a full Fink set so I customised it slightly; warm up, some drills, 5x100m, cool down.  Timed my 100m  and was pleasantly surprised to see that they got progressively quicker (not by much!).
Then a 30 min run with our local GB sprint age grouper.  She was well warned to expect a 10 min mile, and was very gentle with me! 

It is blowing a gale and trying very hard to snow.  I don't want to go to work this evening, I want to sit in front of the fire.

iron fraggle    pirate
04/02/2013 at 16:07

Iron DOnkey - you lucky b*gger getting Kraftwerk tickets! which show are you seeing?

training : having a quiet one today, have biked to work and back, and did an extra few on the way home, but in effect a 'rest day'.  Early swim tomorrow, then a bike in the evening on my way to a kettlebells class , but it will be downhill on the way back home though . Also, physio tomorrow, so I'm hping to hear the mgic words ' you can run on the x-trainer soon'

04/02/2013 at 17:29

Nothing like a weekend in Center PArcs to knock the training out of whack.  Still, managed a run, and a couple of hours in the swimming place 4 days in a row must be good cross-training.  I'm knackered.

FoC
04/02/2013 at 17:45

Fraggle - I managed to get 2 tickets for the Saturday "Man Machine" gig - I just got very very lucky. 

Britrisky    pirate
04/02/2013 at 17:57
Swim for me after work - I was enjoying overtaking the breaststrokers (well most of them anyway) until what can only be described as torpedoes got in. Granted they only did one length at a time, but I'd never seen anything move so fast - when people swim past me I often take a sneaky peak at their swimming style to see if I can pick up any tips - not these lot - they went past as a blur!!
Running Postie    pirate
04/02/2013 at 18:10
Brit I was doing that as well today, how can someone that looks totally unfit, glide past you so effortlessly, it makes me sick!!! I reckon the beer gut must be some kind of serious floatations aid
04/02/2013 at 18:13

I had someone like that in the pool a few weeks back. Huge chap, huge belly but boy did he move

04/02/2013 at 18:29
My belly has the opposite effect
M...eldy    pirate
04/02/2013 at 18:34

Good training guys n gals!

Kraftwerk ... I am not sure some of these bands should be allowed to tour anymore, I dont want to be reminded how old I am !

If you can see other swimmers then watch them under water, thats where the real difference is  

WildWill    pirate
04/02/2013 at 20:19
Had a pig of a day today so needed to work off the stress.

Did...
. 2hrs 30min spin ... Including RPM class and spinnervals
. 30min core and stretch
FoC
04/02/2013 at 20:27
Meldy - my Father said as much. That said, he soon changed his tune when asked if he fancied coming with me. He was a biiiiig fan back in the 70s / 80s and has most of their albums on 33".

I hope he enjoys it although I'm quite nervous about taking a 63 year old out to a pop concert!
M...eldy    pirate
04/02/2013 at 20:41

Lol!   My father took me to see the Stones when he was a similar age I think 

Ironholgs    pirate
04/02/2013 at 22:14

Interesting comments about the NFL, I was a running back at university and then an offensive tight end, quite simply the hardest sport I've ever played. The padding is needed because of the full on contact.

The six nations, a bit like the superbowl but played by public school boys so obviously lot less gay.....pass the soap Hugo.

Ironholgs    pirate
04/02/2013 at 22:15

and Cat, league is a much harder game

IronCat5    pirate
04/02/2013 at 22:20

To paraphrase VT'd, it is hard to keep one's top hat on whilst playing league.

Ironholgs    pirate
04/02/2013 at 22:21

ha ha that has actually got me laughing out loud, that's why we all wear flat caps, much easier.

05/02/2013 at 09:30

Bloggage ... real life

WildWill    pirate
05/02/2013 at 20:04
Quite a busy day today

AM
. Insanity workout

Lunch
. 50min run including hill reps

PM
. 1:35 spin
. 30min core and stretch
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.