Fatman to Ironman

Another Ironman journey

7,781 to 7,800 of 10,128 messages
06/02/2013 at 22:43

well done everyone.

is anyone using power meter/virtual power to support their bike training ?

Looking hard at trainerroad and a kinetic road pro to maximise the outcome. Ive read the book ( half way so fat - nervous thatthe test is hard to get right )

M...eldy    pirate
07/02/2013 at 02:47

Budgie how come she changed her mind?  Seems a big diffence between 6-8 and 1-2 !!   What exactly have you done?

I am just updating a few things training wise as I seem to have a niggle that refuses to go away so may well be honing my biking and swimmin skills for a while .. Why are thing never simple?!

Gym later today once I have hauled my carcass out of bed and I think I shall reaquaint myself with the cross trainer and see how I go

07/02/2013 at 07:08

Good work SD. My swimming is also getting quicker. I do 100 lengths in an hour. Finished in 54 minutes yesterday

it's only a paddling pool though......

Britrisky    pirate
07/02/2013 at 07:57
Great swimming, people!

My injury has knocked my resolve a little, but am getting shamed by you guys - back on the turbo tonight for me! (If I can remember where my bike is ...)
07/02/2013 at 09:13

Great training everyone.  Concentrating on bike and swim this week, split underside of my toe at the weekend (Center Parcs injury!).   

Nurse Ratched    pirate
07/02/2013 at 11:20

Good training everyone.

Am having to squeeze everything into 5 days this week - Mon, swim & run; Tue, rest; Wed, brick; today, Chrissie turbo; tomorrow, swim & long bike; Sat, long run; Sun, lazy, lazy day.

Having had back problems for years, I noticed something yesterday which I'm surprised I haven't picked up on before (nor have any of the many physios I've seen).  The wear pattern on my footwear is very noticeably different from left to right.  Wear on the left is even across the back of the heel, but on the right there's much more wear on the outside of the heel.  It's not just running, because it's the same on my work shoes.  
So now I'm wondering if I've always been a wee bit unbalanced (  ), or if my back injury caused it, and whether it's something my body has adapted to, or whether I should go and see a sports podiatrist and try to rectify it. I don't want to start fiddling about with my shoes and cause more problems, but on the other hand it might help to prevent the back/hip problem form recurring. 

Edited: 07/02/2013 at 11:21
iron fraggle    pirate
07/02/2013 at 13:39

sad day in the Frag household today, we've has to have Elderly Cat PTS   He was an old boy, and been declining for a while, but it's still a shock when you have to make that decision though

training wise : well bugger all so far, but I may get the bike out later and bung it on the turbo.

WildWill    pirate
07/02/2013 at 13:55

Fraggle ... sorry about the puddy cat

Today for me ... just a lunch time run around the back lanes ... just short of  4.5mile. gat a long drive late so that will be all

That could be it for the week as I have a busy few days ahead of me.

07/02/2013 at 13:57

Frags - sorry to hear about your cat; even though you have made the right decision in not letting your cat suffer, I know that pets become an integral part of the family.

Get the bike on the turbo later.

Nurse Ratched    pirate
07/02/2013 at 14:00

((((Fraggle))))

07/02/2013 at 18:22

((((((fraggle))))))

NR - if you go and see someone then get a recommendation, sometimes orthotics or whatever can make things worse

my knee is really playing up so very little training here, even the turbo was a bit painful this morning. Could go swimming but I am shattered now, work is just knackering at the moment.

Britrisky    pirate
07/02/2013 at 18:36
Rest, MC - listen to what your body is telling you. Work's been a bit much for me this week and training has taken a hit, but life's like that, sometimes.
07/02/2013 at 20:33
Evening all.

45 min bike tonight, hit the hills again. Climbed 594ft
ChallengeGoGoGas    pirate
07/02/2013 at 21:36
Sorry about the cat fraggle, it's always a difficult decision to make even if you know it's for the best for the loved one but hard on the family

Training going well, really very hard work with all else that's going on but sticking with the plan - had my second treadmill VO2 max last night, that's my third VO2 max in a month (one on the bike) - rather annoyingly I've gained weight and mac result went down slightly... Very frustrating - hoping the weight starts dropping soon!
08/02/2013 at 08:31

Sorry to hear about the cat, Fraggle.  

Good training, folks.  Swam with NEWT again last night, did a mile in the hour.  Also did a hard turbo session yesterday.  Haven't run for a week, but not too worried, giving toe time to heal.  Maybe a short, hard ride tomorrow, then a longer one Sunday with the club.

Have a great weekend everyone! 

Nurse Ratched    pirate
08/02/2013 at 12:13

Swim swum, 45 mins, 70 steady lengths.  Then a luvverly sauna .  Just necking a couple of peanut butter sandwiches before heading out on t'bike.

08/02/2013 at 18:14

Still in Fink base period over here.  The kid's hockey (ice that is) schedule hasn't made the weekend very training friendly lately so working around it the best I can.  The Budgie and I are also laying the groundwork for Ironman Couer D'Alene 2014 with a trip to Glacier National Park to follow.  Every time I look at hiking maps and such I chuckle to myself imagining two dudes post-Ironman doing the limp of honor while trying to hike around such a beautiful place.

M...eldy    pirate
08/02/2013 at 18:20

Evening gang
I appear to havehad a rest day

Oops 

Nurse Ratched    pirate
08/02/2013 at 18:25

I dunno, just can't get the mentors these days.......................

M...eldy    pirate
08/02/2013 at 18:52

Why have a dog and bark yourself   

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.