Fatman to Ironman

Another Ironman journey

8,181 to 8,200 of 10,128 messages
04/03/2013 at 18:07
Good write up Tim. I told my wife and daughter that Bolton was one of the hottest places in the UK
M...eldy    pirate
04/03/2013 at 19:57

Swim tomorrow .... get to play with my new paddles 

(no Rafi, I am not in need of defibrulating just yet)

WildWill    pirate
04/03/2013 at 20:08
Day one if my IMCH training plan done and dusted

AM
- 2k steady swim .. Continuous

PM
- 1hr 45min spin
- 20min run
- 10min core and stretch

Now just anther 145(ish) days to get through
04/03/2013 at 21:15
Good work Will. Started week 9 today with an hours coached swim session.

Felt knackered after a day of interviewing & dead legs from yesterday. Good swim session has cured those.
04/03/2013 at 21:42

Runningfeet - Blackminster half is a nice event - I've done it quite a few times.  Flat, although a few undulations - the ones I remember are a bit of a drag at about 5 miles and then a particularly nasty incline right at the end of the 6 mile loopy-loop which always catches me out, and you get to do it twice.  Also it's over distance - you go straight past the last marker and think you've finished but there's still 100m or so to go. The thing that always amazes me is how fast the leaders are going - the speed us mere mortals run means we're bound to be lapped usually midway through the first 6 mile loopy...you here them it coming up behind you and then they zoom past at some speed.  www.d2ride.co.uk  ZolaP - Good going at Kidderminster.  Did you see Wiggins and Froome apparently they were in the crowd.  Half way round we thought you would cave in but you looked full of beans in the home straight.  Coolio.  www.d2ride.co.uk

WildWill    pirate
04/03/2013 at 21:45
SirVelo is another spam troll I see ..
Nurse Ratched    pirate
05/03/2013 at 10:00

Glorious day here but very frosty overnight, so bike and run will be done this afternoon once the roads have warmed up.

Tired Badger    pirate
05/03/2013 at 12:03

Did a 5k time trial with running club last night, didn't get to do one at the end of last season so was not sure what to expect with all the low heart rate training that's been done this year to date. It was on a running track so perfect conditions, but broke the 20 mins so really chuffed. 18:43 - very suprised

Doing a DIY olympic distance tom with some of the RC should be fun.

05/03/2013 at 12:09

wow, TB, well done

05/03/2013 at 13:32

Great time TB

Rafiki    pirate
05/03/2013 at 13:45

There's a lot of racing snakes appearing out of the woodwork on this thread.......

WildWill    pirate
05/03/2013 at 13:48

Need a name change to Speedy Badger ....

05/03/2013 at 14:30

Great time TB!

05/03/2013 at 15:16

Good job TB!

Beautiful day here in the Thames Valley.  Managed a early pre work swim and then a 45 min jog along the river at lunch.  Sooooo wonderful to run under a blue sky with a warm(ish) Sun on the face.  Shame the weather is set to turn by the weekend.

NR - Yep to the foam roller being painful.  Stick with it though.  It's honestly worth it

Tired Badger    pirate
05/03/2013 at 15:37

Thank you all, I was very suprised, hope it just means that I'm getting generally fitter ready for the harder training to com before outlaw.

IronDonkey, yes beautiful day here too, hope its like it tomorrow, I think it may still be a little cold to get out the pool in a tri suit and do the planned 30miles, think i may get changed.

Nurse Ratched    pirate
05/03/2013 at 16:18

Great run Badger.

Brick for me this afternoon.  Just over an hour on the bike, and I managed several times to have a drink on the move , then a 30 min run.  Longer session planned for tomorrow, rest day Thursday, swim Friday, long bike Sat, long run Sun.  

iron fraggle    pirate
05/03/2013 at 16:46

Nice running Badger

Ran back from work today dang me it's surprisingly warm today, had to stop and take my base layer off and roll my tights up .  Been out on my mtb just now, and hunted a copy of the new Tomb Raider game for Mr Frag, it'll help take his mind off the ManFlu he's suffering from

kettlebells later - ding ding!

M...eldy    pirate
05/03/2013 at 18:28

Good work Nursey .. been practising??  

IronCat5    pirate
05/03/2013 at 19:33
Tired Badger wrote (see)

Did a 5k time trial with running club last night, didn't get to do one at the end of last season so was not sure what to expect with all the low heart rate training that's been done this year to date. It was on a running track so perfect conditions, but broke the 20 mins so really chuffed. 18:43 - very suprised

Doing a DIY olympic distance tom with some of the RC should be fun.

Well done. 2013 is the year of fast running!

M...eldy    pirate
05/03/2013 at 19:36

If only that were true Cat!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.