Fatman to Ironman

Another Ironman journey

8,421 to 8,440 of 10,128 messages
WildWill    pirate
18/03/2013 at 20:06
Evening all ... A good day for training for me today

LUNCH TIME
- 1mile tempo swim ... was my fastest pool mile from cold in a long time (29:53)

PM
- 2hrs 30min spin .... Including Sufferfest local hero
- 20mins run
- 10mins stretching
M...eldy    pirate
18/03/2013 at 20:17

6.5 miles of intervals for me and back to work for the night

Joy 

Nurse Ratched    pirate
18/03/2013 at 20:50

You lot have been busy.

I'm on a rest day and I spent it learning about wound management, including (among other things) how to use maggots to clean wounds. 

Schools here are closed tomorrow because of the snow.

18/03/2013 at 20:57
Mmm... My training pretty mediocre:
30 minutes run at lunch time and one hour swim this evening. Tomorrow 15 miles bike ride +/- swim.

Going to Glasgow on Thursday evening (work thing). Does anybody know the length of the crown plaza hotel swimming pool, please? I have tried to look it up but unsuccessfull.

Many thanks,
Plinsky
Tired Badger    pirate
18/03/2013 at 21:03
Nice report Cat well ran, and good training everyone.
18/03/2013 at 21:05
Sorry to ask again:
Has anyone tried any of the compression tri suits, please? Any suggestions? Dim Trim Tim, which programme of the Finlk book are you following: just finish, intermediate or competitive ?
18/03/2013 at 21:43
Evening all. Good training by the looks.

Good write up Cat, sounds like it was a nice character building event.

Well done Tim, 2 minutes on a turbo would do my head in let alone 2 hours.

IY, your Trianglia Beanie will be in the post on Wednesday.
18/03/2013 at 22:06

Excellent news SD!  

What's your t-shirt size? I'll have to try to hunt down a tri club tech tee for you. Similar to the one the Budgie wore at Stafford yesterday.

IronCat5    pirate
18/03/2013 at 22:10

Thanks guys.

30 minutes recovery turbo at lunch then hour swimming tonight.

DTT - what SD said

I have a few tri-suits but none marketed as compression. Having worn compression gear I'm not sure I'd want a compression trisuit My 2XU shorts do put a bit of squeeze on.

18/03/2013 at 22:23
I had a pair of compression socks. They were ok when i first used them but more recently i started to get inflamed & itchy ankles everytime i wore them so dont bother now.

I do wear calf compression sleeves though, not sure how much difference they make though.
18/03/2013 at 22:53

Plinsky, I'm following the competitive plan (almost).

Andy & Cat, I'm not a massive fan of turbo, but if I'm just up for an hour's ride and it's raining, you can put an hour on top of that with getting ready and cleaning bike etc afterwards!  2 hour Saturday turbo was just fecking lazy, though.  

IronCat5    pirate
18/03/2013 at 23:03
DimTimTris wrote (see)

Plinsky, I'm following the competitive plan (almost).

Andy & Cat, I'm not a massive fan of turbo, but if I'm just up for an hour's ride and it's raining, you can put an hour on top of that with getting ready and cleaning bike etc afterwards!  2 hour Saturday turbo was just fecking lazy, though.  

Don't get me wrong - I'm a big fan of the turbo; I've ridden outside some 8 times this year, and 3 of those were races. I get a lot of bang for my buck with the turbo, I make the time count and it hurts. I think 2 hours on the turbo could be a challenge, though Sufferfest's Blender is 1h40....

I agree about the pre and post-ride faff!

M...eldy    pirate
19/03/2013 at 05:38

Morning team

Up and at 'em  

I expect you are all in to your second hour on the turbo by now

19/03/2013 at 06:02
Morning: sat having breakfast b4 work... Cycling home later today 15miler...
M...eldy    pirate
19/03/2013 at 06:08

Plinsky of reply to one of your earlier questions, I would go for compression shorts and a non compression top, you may find the top a bit restrictive and most people would shy away from a one piece, especially if racing long and even more especially if its a compression number ... you'd be in the portaloos for a month  

19/03/2013 at 06:49
Thanks M...eldy, that's helpful. My tri 400 short are pretty good - I shall stick to those and not worry about a suit.
BW
Plinsky
19/03/2013 at 08:23

Morning all.  I'm back on Guernsey for a weeks holiday and boy life is good over here.  It's a little after 8am and I'm tapping away nursing a huge mug of coffee having been for a 45 min sea swim.

Apart from the water's temperature, I really enjoyed it.  Stunning weather here today.  Clear blue skies with a view out to the north of Alderney and the French coast.  13 degrees too.  Almost tropical.

Plinsky - I'm only planning on doing a half distance this year with the 24 week plan being my own that's pretty much an adaptation of something from the recent November and February issues of Triathlon Plus magazine. 

Nurse Ratched    pirate
19/03/2013 at 11:51

I'll be turboing tonight since I'm under house arrest thanks to the snow

19/03/2013 at 12:35

I take my bike out in the rain too clean it

iron fraggle    pirate
19/03/2013 at 13:41

Feeling well fecked off now, and still not properly better    walked to work today, which is about 1.5 miles,  and about 70% uphill - felt exhausted by the time I got there

consoling myself by the fact that Mr Frag is on his second course of anti-biotics to get rid of it (so I'm not being a wimp!) and I've booked myself into the spa tomorrow evening, so I can do gentle swimming and sit in the jacuzzi/steam room all night

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.