Fatman to Ironman

Another Ironman journey

8,461 to 8,480 of 10,137 messages
WildWill    pirate
20/03/2013 at 08:05
DimTimTris wrote (see)

I usually sleep like a log, but after a swim session always find it a bit more unsettled.  Is it just me?

For me swim sessions just make me realy hungry

BUT, if i forget to use a nose clip the chlorine leaves feeling bunged up and restless and  in that case ... i can't sleep

WildWill    pirate
20/03/2013 at 08:09
Tired Badger wrote (see)
Will how do you get on not having your bike with you all week, is the spin bike a good replacement? what about gym bikes, are they worth using or is it better to just replace with extra run sessions?I only ask as i have a few weeks away with work in the next month

Gym bikes are the low of the low - so only i use if i have now other option (it is better than nothing ... just)

I normally use a spin bike. they are much more adjustable, so i can get it set up so it feels like at least one of my road bikes. and if it has a good weight on the fly wheel, the feel can also be ok.

They key is to make sure you work (speed speed & Tension) . I use a range of training videos (Les Mills RPM, Sufferfest, Spinnervals) ... Iv'e been known to do up to 5 hrs on a spin bike (Needs Must)

IronCat5    pirate
20/03/2013 at 08:49
Plinsky wrote (see)
3:31 am: can't sleep... Going to be short of a swim session this weekas going away with work and the swimming pool in the hotel is only 14 meters. Ironcat 5 Should I spin on a gym bike instead? If so for how long? Or should I get in a cheeky QC? 

I was often moving sessions to fit in with travel, though if my plan said bike, I biked. Sometimes I the QC and 15min Z2 run off the hour bike and did the 45 inute bike another day.

Use the pool - do some kick work without pushing off, diagonally?

iron fraggle    pirate
20/03/2013 at 09:31

* whispers *  think the virus is finally buggering off chest feeling lighter, and breathing easier.  at long bleedin' last.

spa evening for me so will try some swimming (even if it is slow 'old lady head out of the water breaststroke')  and see how it goes  - am feeling much much better mentally today, as I can see light at the end of the training tunnel

Nurse Ratched    pirate
20/03/2013 at 13:30
fraggle wrote (see)

* whispers *  think the virus is finally buggering off chest feeling lighter, and breathing easier.  at long bleedin' last.

Well, yes, it's buggered off all the way up to Scotland .  Headache, sore throat, runny nose, and feel knackered.  Am resting today.

Edited: 20/03/2013 at 13:31
WildWill    pirate
20/03/2013 at 13:32

Good news Fraggle

Bad new Nurse R

20/03/2013 at 13:33

And it appears to be in the USA as well! Sore throat, runny nose, feeling achy, and the best part is an oozing right eye.  Suffered through my group swim this morning but paid no attention to time and didn't even turn on my Garmin.  Just focused on technique.

Nurse Ratched    pirate
20/03/2013 at 13:33

Whatever RW have screwed up with the forum posting, could they please get it bloody well sorted?

PS Glad you're feeling better Frag 

Nurse Ratched    pirate
20/03/2013 at 13:35

We all seem to have the lurgy. RW forumites in a remake of 28 Days Later?  

20/03/2013 at 13:56

We're catching it from the forum!  I'm Ok for now ... aren't i?

Get well soon everyone. 

Rafiki    pirate
20/03/2013 at 13:58
Nurse Ratched wrote (see)

We all seem to have the lurgy. RW forumites in a remake of 28 Days Later?  

Ahh... but which ending would you go for???

iron fraggle    pirate
20/03/2013 at 14:54

Sorry Nursey and IY    I wouldn't wish 2 weeks missed training on anyone

20/03/2013 at 14:56

Update:  seeing the doc at 15:00 local.  Can't really see out of my right eye.  I'm avoiding WebMD like the plague so as to not scare the piss out of myself.

iron fraggle    pirate
20/03/2013 at 15:05

ooh that sounds nasty IY - good that you're getting it seen to asap.

Nurse Ratched    pirate
20/03/2013 at 17:00

Conjunctivitis IY.  That'll be $200 please.

20/03/2013 at 17:21

Have any home remedies, Dr. Nurse? Or do I have to go see him to get a scrip?

20/03/2013 at 17:38
Whats going on, sicknote thread! If you were horses you'd be put down.

Hope you all feel better soon.

1 hour run done. Calfs hurt
M...eldy    pirate
20/03/2013 at 18:05

I hesitate to say I feel fine ... please dont send it my way !!

Fraggle, am I right in thinking you had something viral last year for a couple of weeks?  I think we need to start planning these in !

10 miles run, thats a nice little milestone for me ... fiingers crossed

Sossige, what have you done to it?

20/03/2013 at 18:09

fraggle - glad you are starting to feel better

get well soon everyone else

having a rest day today, yesterday I biked, run a bit on the treadmill and did some strength work no wonder I am tired today

Rafiki    pirate
20/03/2013 at 18:31

A day of hills for me on the bike - Remenham Hill to Pilshill to Howe Hill to Aston Hill, puncture, to Ibstone Hill then home. Hard 60 miles, but felt good (and dry!!)

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.