Fatman to Ironman

Another Ironman journey

8,701 to 8,720 of 10,143 messages
08/04/2013 at 09:18

Pingu, thanks for that.  Yeah, I'll stick with Blaenavon, still 4 weeks to get some more hill training in. 30th anniversary this year, so there's cake promised...!

iron fraggle    pirate
08/04/2013 at 09:22

Morning all, feeling much much more postitive today you'll be pleased to know. Physically feeling better day by day, I can now actually see myself out on my bike before the week is up

down in Cornwall I had the delight of visiting the lovely people at Snugg and being measured for a new wetsuit (hopefully a go-faster one). Just about everything was measured, which was interesting   got some gloves too, and he's making me a made to measure hat (ie pinhead sized!) so when the lake opens in 3 weeks I should be 'warm'   can't wait

08/04/2013 at 09:26

fraggle - glad to hear you are feeling better

did the Sussex half marathon yesterday - well, race walked it because I still can't really run much, but was only 10 minutes slower than last year when I ran it, so my running is rubbish but my fitness isn't too bad

Rafiki    pirate
08/04/2013 at 10:37

Fraggle - I was out with the guys from Tri2O yesterday - they told me the lake is currently 5 degrees!! So I hope you wetsuit is extra warm!!

iron fraggle    pirate
08/04/2013 at 11:33

flippin 'eck Raf   make that a June outing for the wettie then

M...eldy    pirate
08/04/2013 at 12:48
No .... Just Northern
08/04/2013 at 16:50

Here's my Week 13 write-up. Becoming quite an expert at falling off my bike.  Isca duathlon was great.  And other stuff. 

WhizKid    pirate
08/04/2013 at 17:41
I'm straylian DF3 Queensland Gold Coast
WildWill    pirate
08/04/2013 at 19:59
Ay up maras ... More northern for you?

Steady day training wise for me today ..

LUNCH TIME
- 1mile steady swim at 52 strokes per min

PM
- 2hrs spin ... Including Spinervals 16
- 30mins core work
Edited: 08/04/2013 at 20:00
M...eldy    pirate
08/04/2013 at 22:15

Nice one Will

Core and a short run for me today

Long swim and a turbo for the morro I think

Glad things aer looking up today Fraggle ... take it nice n easy

WildWill    pirate
09/04/2013 at 19:57
Evening all

I enjoyed my training today ...

LUNCH TIME
- 5mile run with main set of 4mile tempo, accelerating each mile

PM
- 2hrs spin including Sufferfest : The Hunted
- 15mins stretching
09/04/2013 at 21:54

Tough swim tonight, lots of leg and toe cramps -- that doesn't usually happen!  Finished the whole hour, though.  

WildWill    pirate
10/04/2013 at 20:09
Tim .. Cramp when swim mining is a nightmare

A good day for me, with my first long run of the program. All my runs this year have been in the 3-6mile range tonite a did almost 13

LUNCH TIME
- 2k easy paced swim (non stop)

PM
- Just short of 13 mile run ... Negative split
- 30min recovery spin
M...eldy    pirate
10/04/2013 at 20:20

Nearly the same as you will

8 x 400 swim and then a 10.5 mile run 

WildWill    pirate
10/04/2013 at 20:24
Great minds Meldy ... What more can I say
10/04/2013 at 21:11
Evening folks, hope everyones well & training hard.

Cutting my training right down over the next fortnight ready for VLM.

30 min bike & 1 hour swim tonight, all breaststroke as forgot my goggles. At least i know if my goggles get kicked off at IM i'll still be able to swim at least a mile without them
Nurse Ratched    pirate
11/04/2013 at 16:30

Afternoon all

Good training folks.

My training plans for this weekend have been scuppered by my back deciding to play silly buggers.  Happened as I was getting ready to go to the pool yesterday.  It was bearable, so I decided I'd still swim but drive the 12 miles to the pool rather than bike.  The swim was a disaster since my back didn't want to be straight, so my hips were way too low, and using the pool buoy hurt.
So I'm resting until Monday (when the kids go back to school and normal service will resume  !), and doing lots of back exercises in the meantime.

M...eldy    pirate
11/04/2013 at 18:23

Bliddy hell Nursey, are you and Fraggle taking it turns or what !!

No training for me today, work followed by the dentist and a lie down in a darkened run

11/04/2013 at 18:57
Evening all. Looking for a bit of advice or reassurance. I know this is the best place for me to come

Marathon in just over a week, as you no doubt know i have a calf pain/ache/tightness issue. It does feel a lot better today though.

Over the past two weeks ive done a 3 hour run and a 2 hour run. Obviously prior to that i'd done all my shorter runs as well. Plus my cycling and swimming.

So, started to taper more than planned as i want to give the calf as much rest as poss so its good for the 21st. I now only plan to do 2 hours bike on Saturday, maybe park run. 30 min bike next tuesday, maybe another one on Thursday. If my calf its completely better i will probably throw in a little 20 min run as well.

I should be ok for the marathon, shouldnt i?
11/04/2013 at 19:08

SD - if it is starting to feel better and you don't do anything to make it worse, it will probably be ok, Have you been for a sports massge? That might help sort it out

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.