Another Ironman journey

9,041 to 9,060 of 10,128 messages
Ironholgs    pirate
17/05/2013 at 09:02

Woo hoo nice one Will.

And thanks, me too.

17/05/2013 at 11:33

Well done Will!

Swam 1.2 miles this morning (half IM distance) in 45 minutes, really chuffed with that.  Hope I can repeat that performance at Grafman in 3 weeks.

WildWill    pirate
17/05/2013 at 14:33

Nice swim Tim

---------------

A recovery day for me today .... 1 hr run @ a nice slow pace 

iron fraggle    pirate
17/05/2013 at 15:08

^^ super slimline Will

Did my first OW swim of the year last night and it was chuffin' freezing. The first 15 mins were awful, as the cold made my face/sinuses very painful, nearly jacked it in after one 750m loop, but manned-up and did a second one .   Cycling done today (just a short one) and it's run and swim tomorrow.

17/05/2013 at 15:36

Nice one fraggle.  I did my first ever OW swim on Wednesday, wasn't as horribly cold as I'd expected (we were told lake was at 12 degrees).  

Planning a long bike ride early in the morning.

17/05/2013 at 16:19

Big weekend for me.  Doing something called "Tri-Fest."  Sprint tri tomorrow morning, short break, then an Olympic.  Sunday half ironman.  Not quite sure what possessed me to sign up for this madness but should be fun.

Nurse Ratched    pirate
17/05/2013 at 16:30

Good training all you busy bees.

Good work Will, y'ole racin' snake 

Holgs, hope the knee gets sorted soon

Good luck (not that any of you need it) for those racing this weekend.

59 mile bike for me today, through the beautiful Borders countryside

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/497331/gallery/photo-1.jpg?width=350

(I did stop the bike to take that!)  Rather lumpy in places, but it was such a joy to have NO WIND to fight against (my sacrifice of a bottle of chardonnay and a bag of Doritos to the weather gods must have worked)
And the best bit of all is that I didn't get one single niggle from my back 

iron fraggle    pirate
17/05/2013 at 16:44

nice one Nursey

17/05/2013 at 16:53

Good luck IY, quite a challenge.

Good stuff Nursery!

Nurse Ratched    pirate
17/05/2013 at 21:30

Just realised that I have some cracking sunburn on my legs after today's ride!

18/05/2013 at 00:04

what is this 'sun' of which you speak?

18/05/2013 at 07:55

Morning from sunny Wales

Llanberis is certainly the most scenic location ive been too for a triathlon. Went out for a little bike ride last night. Fell off due to pedal clipping in issues trying to start  on a hill. No damage though.

good riding Nursey.

good luck over the weekend IY

18/05/2013 at 21:45

Great day today ... 50 mile bike this morning, then this afternoon did a DIY tri with my 9 year old son Dan.  100m swim, 6 mile bike, 3 mile run, and he did brilliantly, I'm so proud of him.  Even bought him (and me ) a medal to mark the occasion.  

WildWill    pirate
19/05/2013 at 13:18

Weekends training influenced by the fact that we had a bit of a monsoon ... So just hiking and running

19/05/2013 at 14:14

Hi all.  I've been quiet of late. Work. Illness etc etc. Anyways...

I'm very happy to say that yesterday I completed the full distance swim in a 25m pool in 72mins. I'm really happy with this particularly given in the first week of Jan of this year I struggled to do 100m without practically passing out.

The secret? Some wonderful advice from here, the Swim Smooth website and a weekly Masters Swim class. So then, what's next for me?

- Half distance event in Sept of this year

- Alp D'Huez Tri in July '14

- Full distance event later in '14, possibly Florida or Western Auz

Thanks again everyone!

19/05/2013 at 16:02

My grand plan was cut short by a nagging IT band issue.  Did the sprint and olympic races yesterday but couldn't really run much in the olympic without some discomfort. The massage therapist I normally use was there for some post-race assistance so I saw her.  She worked me over, and good, but still woke up sore.  After a long discussion last night with my pal the PT, he suggested I take a week off, a real week off.   I guess 5-6 days of training since mid-2010 would qualify as "over use?"

I didn't want to do a silly HIM and jeopardize the real prize: Ironman Louisville.  

19/05/2013 at 16:41

Well done IY. Fet on a foam roller morning and evening to sort that IT band out and keep the niggly bugger at bay.

just done m first Tri for 2013. The Slateman was fantastic. Toughish 4 mile climb on the bike but rewarded with stunning views and very fast decents. Roads are in great condition here, only saw one pothole.

The run was hell, especially climbing out the slate quarry. Switchback after switchback. calf was irritating although not debilitating & the ankle held up well till about 3 k to go then started to get a bit sore. Will do this again, great place, great scenery, great event

19/05/2013 at 17:13

well done SD

and IY well done to you, too

Nurse, good riding

wanted to do a last long bike today before outlaw half but didn't sleep at all last night and thought it would just be counter-productive to try to have a long ride feeling rubbish. Going to do a longish turbo tomorrow and then next weekend some shorter rides practising drinking etc

WildWill    pirate
20/05/2013 at 20:54

Evening all.

a solid day for me.

LUNCH TIME

- 55min swim, including 2.5k acceleration set.

PM

-  3 hrs 50min spin...Spinervals 13 followed by a spin class

20/05/2013 at 22:14
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.