Fatman to Ironman

Another Ironman journey

9,221 to 9,240 of 10,149 messages
12/06/2013 at 19:27

And can I wear the kit if I do a half IM first? Hmmm? I can definitely do the not taking myself too seriously, look fabulous in yellow, want to do an IM and am up for cheering you all on. 

I don't have a nickname...the girls that I ride with in Suesca are the Brujas de Guita...the witches of Guita 

12/06/2013 at 19:30
M...eldy wrote (see)

iParrot ... like it  

I'm sure theres an app

M...eldy    pirate
12/06/2013 at 19:40

Hannah you are more than welcome to join the coven here !

The whole pirate 'thing' was borne out of being able to go from zero to Ironman and showing that it was accessible to all and enjoyable .. at that time this was just before the 'boom' per se and was seen (and still is in some quarters) as an elite sport, so the pirates do not take themselves too seriously, they enjoy a party, they look after newcomers and generall have a good time .. thats not to say we do not have our decent racers, age group winners, world champ qualifiers and all round good eggs but you could not wish to meet or join a nice bunch of people.
Our race support and attendance is legendary  
Wear the kit, race with pride innit

WildWill    pirate
12/06/2013 at 20:37

Evening all

A pretty solid day for me.

LUNCH TIME

- 3k swim as 3 x 1000m

PM

- 3hr interval 'run' on the cross-trainer

- 30mins core and stretch

happy with that

12/06/2013 at 20:39

Evening all.

3 mile run tonight. Believe it or not, thats actually the furthest ive ran non stop since mile 23 at the london marathon 

M...eldy    pirate
12/06/2013 at 21:11

Well run Sossige ...

I swam at lunchtime and then I came in to work ... its such a heady life I lead!

Nurse Ratched    pirate
12/06/2013 at 22:36

A warm welcome Hannah. We already have a witch *ducks behind sofa*.  I do like "bruja" as a nickname 'tho.

WOOOOOO HOOOOOO  Sossige is runnin' again.

M...eldy    pirate
12/06/2013 at 22:41

Nursey .. you'll keep

Will I have just read that again and saw you ran 3hrs on the cross trainer, you are certifiable 

and I am off home

12/06/2013 at 23:41

Je je je IronBruja once I did the IM would be quite entertaining...and I'm not even Scottish!

I had to read Will's post twice in order to be sure as well! That's a lot o cross training, I'm impressed!

WildWill    pirate
13/06/2013 at 07:57

Needs must ... i have an injured calf so cant run .... where there's a need there's a way 

13/06/2013 at 08:29

Well done Andy, you'll get right back into it.  You've got to, I've got to have someone to chase at IM! 

13/06/2013 at 09:53

Well done SD nice to see your back in the game. Wish I was but should be as of the weekend, really missed swimming last night but had good fun trying time everyone for the aquathlon.

Feeling fat and unfit after 3 complete days off.

iron fraggle    pirate
13/06/2013 at 13:38

Welcome Hannah and nice to see you running again Soss 

recvery week continues here, and I feel even more knackered than I do usually!  Plan says 1 hour easy biking today, and given the right old hoolie blowing outside I think I'll be on my mtb later today otherwise I'll get blown about all over the road on Alice   Kettlebells tonight so there will be planty of gurning and grunting 

Nurse Ratched    pirate
13/06/2013 at 17:03

2hrs 50min run this afternoon. Felt really good, especially when I talked myself out of walking and kept the run going.

Frag, I take it your back is ok with the kettlebells? I have a friend who swears by it, but I'm a bit wary.

iron fraggle    pirate
13/06/2013 at 17:24

Yes it's fine Nursey, I just keep to fairly low weights and always make sure my core is engaged and so far no probs - actually i'd say it's very good for my back as it gives the whole core a good workout. I guess with all these things its a case of know your limits (in my case 4kg  ) and stick to them    Nice running btw 

13/06/2013 at 19:02

Was just talking to the guy in charge of the embassy gym and he is going to get us some kettle bells and TRX gear yay

M...eldy    pirate
13/06/2013 at 19:28

Nice going ladies !

I have done a rest day today and I have done it rather well 

Rafiki    pirate
13/06/2013 at 21:14

today has been mostly .... drinking! Which I've done rather well too

M...eldy    pirate
13/06/2013 at 22:16

That is because you are well practiced !

14/06/2013 at 00:53

Helloooo...I'm just in the wrong time zone am I not. Hmmm. Have any of you done the Miami Man HIM?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.