Fatman to Ironman

Another Ironman journey

9,441 to 9,460 of 10,139 messages
10/07/2013 at 22:24

Wow, well done.  How fast did you swim 3k?

10/07/2013 at 23:05

Well done Sossige on the swim, it is this thread and Holgs book that have me entering IMUK 2014...

As someone who is only just managing 6x25m ( was 1x25m 3 weeks ago) and  1600-2000m in a session , someone who swims 3k super fast is a hero to me...

Nurse Ratched    pirate
11/07/2013 at 00:45

Hic! 

11/07/2013 at 02:16

Less drinking, more report writing! Chop chop!

WildWill    pirate
11/07/2013 at 09:15

G day all

I'm starting to get nervous as by race is only just over 2 weeks away 

Had a nice open water swim last nite - did 8.4k .. it was nice out there 

11/07/2013 at 10:57

Morning all. I am a newbie to all of this - and have very much enjoyed reading this thread. I got through about 1000 posts the other evening and will continue throughout the week. It is great seeing how people progress and improve - and also the support offered to people by the other members and the advice given by those who have in the past been in the shoes of those facing their first event. This has meant that the enjoyable read has also been an informative (and at times humerous) one.

I do a fair bit of swimming (mostly pool based but a bit of OW) and a lot of running (currently training for my first marathon) and following a bit of persuasion from a few friends I finally agreed that if I swim and run I should probably bite the bullet and get myself a bike - I resisted for a while, but it was inevitable that it would happen sooner or later. I am looking at entering a mini triathlon event later this year and then hopeing to get into it a bit more seriously after that. The event I am looking at doing is the Fountains Abbey Super Sprint that is in September.

WildWill    pirate
11/07/2013 at 11:06

Hi Rich ... and welcome to the madness

M...eldy    pirate
11/07/2013 at 11:27

Hi Rich .. grab a seat 

SossigeDog wrote (see)

Wow, well done.  How fast did you swim 3k?

56 mins and small change   

Cake    pirate
11/07/2013 at 12:20

That's just showing off.

Ay up Rich welcome to the mad house.

11/07/2013 at 12:36

Blimey, Melds, that is impressive.

Welcome Rich, order a copy of Be Iron Fit & let us know whicc Ironman you are doing next year please.

We have an FB group for Ironman journeying as well https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/287319678021088/

Nurse Ratched    pirate
11/07/2013 at 12:52
IronYank wrote (see)

Less drinking, more report writing! Chop chop!

It's on the Outlaw 2013 thread

11/07/2013 at 12:58

Cheers for the welcome chaps.

My plan is to get the marathon out of the way before the course of my journey is mapped out - that said a copy of Be Iron Fit will be waiting for my on my iPad when I return from work.

My initial plan after I entered the marathon was to spend a month afterwards drinking and eating curry and not going anywhere near a the gym or on a road unless in a car - I can see that plan not coming into fruition at this rate.

M...eldy    pirate
11/07/2013 at 13:35

Stick around Rich .. we'll change all that 

I'm off for a read Nursey, it'd better be good !!!

11/07/2013 at 14:11

Welcome Rich!  Ironman next year, then?

Only 3 weeks til IMUK ... here's my injury update

11/07/2013 at 14:15

Cheers chaps. I felt like I was the odd one out using my proper name and now the profile update tool is working I thought I would join in the the pseudonyms.

Nurse Ratched    pirate
11/07/2013 at 16:47
Rich Crook wrote (see)

Cheers for the welcome chaps.

My initial plan after I entered the marathon was to spend a month afterwards drinking and eating curry and not going anywhere near a the gym or on a road unless in a car - I can see that plan not coming into fruition at this rate.

Oi! That's my recovery plan 

Welcome to the loony bin Rich

M...eldy    pirate
11/07/2013 at 18:13

One more week Nursey and its back to training for you 

11/07/2013 at 18:28

Nice report Nurse!  Just saw your finish video too.  How come it doesn't surprise me that you finished in a kilt?!  

I notice that last bit as well... "until next year....?"

UK? Anglian? Outlaw again? Lanzarote? Flying over the pond to take on one?

Nurse Ratched    pirate
11/07/2013 at 21:15

There's one thing which isn't in the report, and which I wanted to say here, and that's to thank Sossige for starting this thread. It's been so good to go through all of this with all of you. The support and encouragement here is fantastic, and I'm sure it will get me through many more IM's

Thanks SD

It has been decided that I'll do an IM every other year, but Outlaw relay is looking promising for next year

Edited: 11/07/2013 at 21:16
11/07/2013 at 22:37

awwww thanks nursey. Bottom line is though, you did it! 

This thread has been great for support & made some nice new friends from it.  It has been a bit quiet of late but i think thats been down to the abundance of injuries most of us have gone through recently.

Definitely getting my mojo back now though. Helped by the inspirational achievements by you lot & my tri club chums.

"anything is possible" 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.