Fatman to Ironman

Another Ironman journey

9,481 to 9,500 of 10,139 messages
15/07/2013 at 17:50

Training (or rather, non-training) update ... three weeks left!

15/07/2013 at 18:34

Be fine mate, we'll have a good crack. Got  some nice new tyres to go on my bike & its booked in for a service next week 

Nurse Ratched    pirate
15/07/2013 at 18:43

I have had a whole week of doing feck all apart from eating and drinking to excess 

Back in the pool today and it felt really good. Am going to spend the summer hols just ticking over, then when wee one starts school full time at the beginning of Sept I'll get properly stuck in to the training again (the benefit of working evenings.)

And how the f**k do you turn off predictive text on an iPhone? 

WildWill    pirate
16/07/2013 at 08:03

ay up all

Last nite i did a DIY sprint Tri as part of my Taper ... was fun  

600m Swim
28k Bike
5K Run

The 15-20mins stretching

16/07/2013 at 16:54

I'm off for my first ever track session tonight. I mean really, a bear on a running track?

16/07/2013 at 20:29

Have fun, is that Simons thing? 

Good work Will.

Good evening for me

14 mile bike at a 17mph average & a 5k run in 28 ish minutes. Pain free, happy days.

16/07/2013 at 22:11

Great stuff Andy ... you're back!

16/07/2013 at 22:42

Haha, not really mate. In a lot better place than i was three weeks ago though, thats for sure

17/07/2013 at 00:01

Well done Andy!

Going for a 4k swim tomorrow night, will be interested to see what time I'll do. Managed to swim 1 mile in around 30 minutes last week, which is excellent for me!

Good night on the bike for me too, averaged 18.7mph over 30 miles. It's been a good couple of training weeks!

Bring on The Anglian!

17/07/2013 at 05:49

Blimey, great average Budgie Froome  well done.

Good swim too. I'll see you this evening at the swim, its going to be a warm one. Only going to do a couple of laps myself. 

I messed up what day i thought the Anglian was on so wont be marshalling on the Saturday, i thought the race was on the Sunday  (despite ithe date being in my blog header for the past 3 months)  I'll be helping with The Little Anglian run & the tidy up on the Sunday though.

17/07/2013 at 22:32

Biked to OW swim session tonight (13 miles) then home again, and my knee's feeling good (at the moment).  So, a happy Tim.

Cake    pirate
18/07/2013 at 12:06

Excellent news mate, not long now so take it easy and get really for your big day.

19/07/2013 at 08:36

My knee threw me a dummy.  Feeling much better, so went for a gentle 3 mile run last night and now it's stiff as hell.  So ... icing, and doing nothing at all for a few days.  P*ssed off ... only two weeks left.  Just hope if it flares up during the race I  can just run through it and put up with the discomfort afterwards.  Not a great plan.

20/07/2013 at 19:27

evening folks. 11 mile walk done today, practising for IMUK Run 

Seems to be a bit of flapping about wetsuits at ironman UK??

cant see the water temp being warm enough to warrant a no wetsuit swim myself. 

20/07/2013 at 20:12

Century ride done along with a short brick run.  IMKY in about 5 weeks. Feeling good about things.  

Doggie, it seems odd to mention England/no wetsuit swim.  Has IMUK ever been non-wetsuit legal?

20/07/2013 at 20:34

Don't know IY? I wouldnt have thought so.

Needs to be over 28.8 degrees for wetsuits to be prohibited. I think people are reading the 24.5 degree rule as no wetsuits, full stop.

Warmest temp ive heard of in the uk this year has been 23.

Nice century ride mate. Off for a 50 miler to the coast tomorrow.

20/07/2013 at 20:39

Yeah, I don't speak celsius but similar rules over here. There is a hard fast temp above which no wetsuits are allowed and a lower temp, above which, awards aren't allowed.  At least over here, we think it's in response to safety concerns to let more people wear wetsuits at a higher temp to prevent drownings/panic attacks.

21/07/2013 at 06:47

2 weeks today should be halfway through my Ironman swim 

Will be my last event of the year.

Cancelled the club relays & sprint tri i had booked as i'm off to India to work for 9 weeks 

Then back to the UK to be made redundant 

Then i will be starting my own business 

Exciting & scary 6 months coming up 

if anyones up, The Slateman Triathlon is on C4 at 7.30am, one of the tri's i did this year. 

In a smiley's mood today 

have a nice day 

21/07/2013 at 15:53

Just under 56 miles done today @ 16.2 mph average, would have been faster had the garmin route planner not taken me on to Hemsby beach 

Feeling a lot more confident of completing the Ironman now. 

New tyres going on now. Bought a pair  of these, they came highly reccommended by numerous club members 

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-track-bike/Vredestein-Fortezza-Tricomp-Folding-Tyre/VREDTYRF250

21/07/2013 at 16:23

Nice ride mate!  Two weeks...

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.