Fatman to Ironman

Another Ironman journey

9,961 to 9,980 of 10,128 messages
Nurse Ratched    pirate
28/10/2013 at 22:57

Trust me, I'm a nurse......................

29/10/2013 at 07:25

Bepanthen?

So I need to become a cyclist in the next 9 months. And now it's cold and dark and the roads are covered in fallen branches etc. rumour has it ice and snow are coming and we will be getting the worst winter for years. What's the best plan? Spin classes? turbo trainer? Mountain bike?

Nurse Ratched    pirate
29/10/2013 at 09:43

Bepanthen - waterproof barrier nappy cream.

I love my turbo and use it a lot over the winter, but for a balanced view on the subject you should ask IronSossigeDog .  However, there is no real substitute for getting out on the road, which you will have plenty of time to do between winter and Outlaw (I'm assuming?).
I'd love a mountain bike, and would cycle outdoors much more in winter if I had one,  but don't have the pennies for that at present

M...eldy    pirate
29/10/2013 at 11:04

Spoons .. mountain bike, will get you out in all weathers, good strength training and excellent for handling skillz  

Cake    pirate
29/10/2013 at 12:16
Spoons2 wrote (see)

Bepanthen?

So I need to become a cyclist in the next 9 months. And now it's cold and dark and the roads are covered in fallen branches etc. rumour has it ice and snow are coming and we will be getting the worst winter for years. What's the best plan? Spin classes? turbo trainer? Mountain bike?

Spoons all of the above if you can just don't do to much to soon. Turbo's are boring but you get to watch the rugby while you are doing it. Mountain's are cool and a spin if your doing it right will push you a little and worth doing even if it isn't winter.

29/10/2013 at 13:05

Spoons if I'm right and you are local the spindrome sessions on Fridays are good. Much more fun to turbo in a group.

29/10/2013 at 15:07

Thanks everyone. I can't do Fridays as I go to Cub Scouts!

All spin classes always seem to be fully booked!

29/10/2013 at 15:10

Tri-Anglia do turbo sessions on Tuesday evenings?

Nurse Ratched    pirate
30/10/2013 at 09:26

Spoons, surely the spinning would count towards your cycling badge?

I've just entered my first marathon .  Loch Ness, 28th september next year.

30/10/2013 at 12:05

Entered a spinning class next Wednesday!

AliBear - can't do Tuesday's either. Running club. I'm either running or coaching or usually both.

Cake    pirate
30/10/2013 at 12:20
Nurse Ratched wrote (see)

Spoons, surely the spinning would count towards your cycling badge?

I've just entered my first marathon .  Loch Ness, 28th september next year.

Good lass

ChallengeGoGoGas    pirate
30/10/2013 at 21:06

Love my turbo... but it (me) is being rehomed Apparently my dining room T2 pass has expired

Need to get STC up and running now for winter, which combined with Cross Bike will do nicely

Nursey, a marafun uggghhh very brave

In other news i've been invited to the Challenge Weymouth official launch next week

01/11/2013 at 21:09

Hi all. First time on here and a Triathlon virgin

Just booked to do the Sprint in Henley and commenced training around a week as I am extremely unfit and overweight, so plenty to do.

Anyone else doing Henley next year?

M...eldy    pirate
01/11/2013 at 21:14

I am surprised that Henley are entertaining anything in the form of Triathlon 

Welcome to the darkside, pull up a plank and tell us about yourself

Me, I have swum, I am still awesome.

01/11/2013 at 21:56

My training to date has been painful - swam 1350m this week, but suffered a big cramp last night which is still with me! Does anybody know how to stop this happening and anything to help when it does?

ChallengeGoGoGas    pirate
01/11/2013 at 22:06
Welcome Jelly

Try eating bananas or simply upping your salt/potassium intake
Nurse Ratched    pirate
01/11/2013 at 22:31

Hi JellyB

Today I have turboed with Chrissie.  Tonight I have been singing for my supper

01/11/2013 at 22:37

Thanks Challenge - will try that.

Hmmm, Nurse - not sure I really understand, but good luck with your marathon by the way!!

Have aerobic bike booked for Tuesday, but started on weights this evening - high reps, lower weights to try and build some core strength.

Nurse Ratched    pirate
01/11/2013 at 22:42

Oh JB, there are lots of strange and wonderful things* on this thread that no-one understands

Welcome

*mainly us lot 

Edited: 01/11/2013 at 22:43
Nurse Ratched    pirate
01/11/2013 at 22:44

Don't know what happened with all that empty space there 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.