Fatman to Ironman

Another Ironman journey

10,041 to 10,060 of 10,128 messages
iron fraggle    pirate
21/11/2013 at 13:34

howdy all - have lost my mojo at the moment. Am enjoying kettle bells (a lot!) and was really enjoying my running up until tuesday where I seem to have irritated my PF again and my foot is throbbing 

No swimming for ages, and have no desire to get on my bike either, but I have spent loads of time doing those things that got put off when I was training so much during the year - painting the downstairs loo, sorting out some photos, making jam, etc so it's been quite nice not feeling the pressure to get out and train.  I'm sure it will all some back to me......

Nurse Ratched    pirate
21/11/2013 at 13:42

Howdy burd 

Your mojo is having a well-earned rest, it will be back when it's good and ready.  

I had a kettle bell fanatic friend staying last weekend, and she showed me some videos of championship lifters.  I think your kettle bell-ing will more than make up for any lack of tri activities. You'll be iron in name and body.

iron fraggle    pirate
21/11/2013 at 15:04

Hi Nursey   and you're doing some mighty fine running there mate.  well the arms are certainly toning up nicely and I have abs of nearly-steel   (shame you can't see them underneath a thin layer of, erm 'padding'  )  

today I am mainly feeling tired due to staying up to see the first few overs of the Ashes from Dahn Undah  * yawn *

M...eldy    pirate
21/11/2013 at 17:02

If there is any time to have some down time then that time is now .... errrr unless you have an IM in 3 weeks or something  

I am busy packing up horse rugs and buckets and all associated crap that comes with 19 years of horse ownership and all that just to move 5 mins round the corner!

Rafiki    pirate
21/11/2013 at 17:37

Indeed Meldy, now is a good time to relax .... as training for Nice starts in 2 weeks!!

M...eldy    pirate
21/11/2013 at 17:41

Oh does it ?  I meant to look the other day and the I chickened out

Is that 25 weeks ??

Rafiki    pirate
21/11/2013 at 18:06

Nope - a 30 week plan starts the first week of December I think. Ought think about doing something as I haven't been swimming since my last Oly in September!

Cake    pirate
21/11/2013 at 18:17

Yippee training starts again soon. I might actually do some this year.

M...eldy    pirate
21/11/2013 at 18:56

I may need to actually find a plan to follow and then ignore it

22/11/2013 at 08:19

Sounds like my type of plan

Nurse Ratched    pirate
26/11/2013 at 08:18

Partner In Crime has just bought one of these .  I have bike envy.

Cake    pirate
26/11/2013 at 12:13

mmmmmm carbon fibre. Nursey can you ask them how they are getting on with the Shifter's please started to see them about a little and wundering if they are any better. Not that will ever be able to aford them anyway.

27/11/2013 at 18:02

Hope everyone's training is going well. Has everyone decided on their main event(s) for next year?

I've started a blog (yeah, another triathlon blog!) so that my non-tri friends and family can keep tabs of how my training is going and such. If anyone would like a look, happy reading

Blog

28/11/2013 at 17:21

Has anybody here experienced a painful blood blister on their toe(s)? I've never really had any blisters from running, but after my half marathon on Sunday I have a huge blood blister on the side of my big toe.

Anyone know the best way to treat this, or is it best to just leave it be?

Cake    pirate
28/11/2013 at 17:41

Budgie this is probably not the best way to deal with it but if it was me I would pop it make sure it's clean and stick a dressing/plaster on it.

A good soak in the bed works wonder's althrough might sting when the water touch's the blister at first.

03/12/2013 at 17:03

Thanks Cake, it worked a treat! It wasn't the most pleasant of things, but at least it's healing now.

04/12/2013 at 11:39

Morning all, hope everyone is well.

no events planned for me next year. I'm going for Ironman to Fatman in 2014, then Fatman back to Ironman in 2015

Nurse Ratched    pirate
04/12/2013 at 12:22

Afternoon all

Ticking over here North of t'Wall.  Out on the bike for an hour on Monday; 6 slow 'n' easy miles run yesterday; off to the pool today.

Next year I"ve got the Outlaw swim and Loch Ness marathon.  All I need now is a sportive and I'll have a deconstructed ironman.

Cake    pirate
04/12/2013 at 12:35
Cake wrote (see)

Budgie this is probably not the best way to deal with it but if it was me I would pop it make sure it's clean and stick a dressing/plaster on it.

A good soak in the bed works wonder's althrough might sting when the water touch's the blister at first.

Just realised bed should have been bath. Dyslexic boy strikes again.

04/12/2013 at 16:20

It's a good thing I used a bath and not a bed then isn't it

10,041 to 10,060 of 10,128 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.