Feed me!

Food obsessed? Me? Recipes please!

21 to 22 of 22 messages
23/05/2011 at 12:16
I make my own energy bars out of oats, flour, lightly toasted pumpkin and sesame seeds, prunes, apricots and sultanas soaked in apple juice.  Throw the whole lot in together and squidge to a dough.  Add more juice or water if too dry.  Leave for 30 mins to fully absorb juice then press into an oiled baking tray and bake in a medium oven for 10-15 mins before cutting into bars while still hot with a pallet knife.  Press out of the tin when cooled.  *Don't bake the bars until they're brown, they just need to be solid and therefore portable.  Oh and chop the prunes and apricots.
Running Postie    pirate
23/05/2011 at 15:17
zander crute wrote (see)
I'm debating between using protein shakes and protein bars. Just wondering if anyone has preferences between the two and why. Also wanted to know if it is better to buy protein bars. I'm actually looking at getting a box of cookies and cream dymatize elite gourmet protein bars. Any suggestions for what I should do?

I use PHD protein whey- Chocolate orange and the PHD synergy (I recommed both of these, there pricey but do the job well). I have used the PHD bars before for convenience as you can't pre make the protein shake because the amino acids start breaking down if it is stood for too long and it's yuck then!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 22 of 22 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.