Finding it really hard to get the motivation to train at night

Ended up missing the session

21 to 27 of 27 messages
09/01/2013 at 22:48

popsider - the turbo bike is set up all the time. It's my mountain bike that I have set up on there. I have trainerroad and intend to follow their base building plan. You make a good point about just starting with one or two session a week just to get in to the swing of it. I'm definitely going to clean up my garage this week and make the whole setup more appealing. It's pretty nasty in there. 

Mr StOat    pirate
09/01/2013 at 22:50

I stuck a telly and old pc in the garage so I can watch tv / dvd's to while away the time. It made the 2 hour session bearable!

I am starting to really enjoy evening sessions. I'm often up and out early and tbh couldn't getting up early enough to do a session and then get off to work, so I do most of my training at night. I'm looking forward to lighter evenings!

I'd agree with the above, if you don't want to do a session then don't, if its lack of getting started then you just need to do it, but do also think of what it will be like if those sessions you miss make all the difference to the end result

10/01/2013 at 07:25

Train in the mornings if thats what you like.

evenings are for when you screwed up. slept through the alarm or just pulled your head under the duvet and pretended it wasnt your alarm.  wait till 9 then have at it and redouble the effort in the morning.

Britrisky    pirate
10/01/2013 at 07:48
I learned this week that I must train before tea - if I eat first and then have to let my food digest its doubly hard to train later in the evening. Tea is my reward ... In fact I think for me food is always the reward!!
10/01/2013 at 08:17

Like Matt It's hard for me to train in the morning as I have to be out of the house to go to work by 6 so would have to get up at 4, so I do almost all my training in the evening, I am a procrastinator so before I would look for over things to do when I get home from work then tell myself that its to late to go out training, but now I get things ready the night before so when I get home from work I don't have the excuse of having to look for kit etc, so I just get home, get changed and get out.

10/01/2013 at 12:36

I work lates, out of the house by 11 so train first, earlies out of the house by 6 so train in the evening and middle shifts out by 8 home by 7.30 so can train morning or evening,Tend to train in the evenings when their is a choice as this is my me time and reward for working my arse off all day.Agree with BBT always put my kit out day before/bike on turbo ready if thats the plan and then come straight in change and start never sit down,if I sit down then its a struggle to get going again. The only thing that is a total pain is fitting in available pool time around available swimming time!

27/01/2013 at 21:58
Agreed, the danger is to sit down when you get in. My advice is to say hello to the family and then get straight out running or turbo......when you've finished that you can have the conversation & tea.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 27 of 27 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.