Fink for outlaw 2013

2,161 to 2,180 of 3,129 messages
Lee the Pea    pirate
27/05/2013 at 21:36

Do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it

hee hee hee 

Oh god i've actually got to do this now i've said it don't I?  It'll be awesome! 

28/05/2013 at 06:38

IMWA is brilliant - did it in 2009 - the hottest December day they'd had for years!

K9 - chill girl - you've the miles in the bank. Don't worry about feeling slow, it's like the first time you marathon train, as you build the distance the speed goes but it will come back when you taper.

Iron Pingu    pirate
28/05/2013 at 09:30

Little M.ss Happy, did I meet you at Buskinson half in Weymouth in 2011?

I marshalled at IMWA in 2010 and it was brilliant, it's one I really REALLY want to do .. I do keep suggesting it on the 'what to do next threads'

Lee the Pea    pirate
28/05/2013 at 10:51

Just saw the rest of your post Razor!  It certainly is a lovely part of the world to live in; has he been out there long?  Sadly i'm too skint to head to Oz this year, hehehe.  Sounds like lots of folk are interested in IMWA.....GROUP OUTING!!!!!! hehehehe

How did you get involved in the marshalling Pingu?

Yeah the heat will be the main concern for that LMH (well, apart from the having to do the actual event) - may have to take up cycling whilst wearing 40 layers of clothes to represent the heat, hehehe

Edited: 28/05/2013 at 10:52
Razor51    pirate
28/05/2013 at 11:03

Lee... He's been out there for about 18 yrs, he spent 10 yrs in the Ausie Navy and hes been there since, he used to have a gym but for some reason he closed it. He set up a running club in Busslton and organized the Busso Half Marathon about 6yrs ago, 400 entries the first year, now 5000. He's just set up the Bussleton Marathon for September this year and interest is gathering pace. I would love to an Ironman there and like you said , it's very flat and a fast course. Maybe one day. 

28/05/2013 at 11:21

We did indeed Pingu - you had your strange flip flop injury at the time  (at least I think that's what it was).

As I said Lee we had the hottest December day for I think it was seventeen years. The swim was beautiful, lovely calm, clear water and as easy to sight at Holme Pierrepont due to the jetty (which was being renovated at the time). Bike was three laps I think (they've changed it now) including riding through the eucalyptus forest which smelt amazing but as the day went on and the heat and wind rose it was like riding in to an open fan oven. I think they recorded 36C which felt even hotter on the run as it bounced back off the tarmac - some people were leaving the run course for a paddle on the way round. Flat as a flat thing though and I'm better off with it being too warm than too cold so suited me. Lovely locals too - it seemed as though the whole town was involved in some way. If anyone does sign up and they still do it take part in the 'adopt a foreign athlete' programme - a class at a local junior school adopted me and I went to have a chat with them pre-race and they turned out and were cheering for me on the day. Wonderful experience.

Lee the Pea    pirate
28/05/2013 at 11:41

That's fantastic Razor!  Massive half mara that. I'm sure the full mara will be a success judging by the half

LMH - the thought of people having a quick paddle to cool down on the run sounds hilarious, although slightly terrifying, lol.  When I was living out there, the hottest day it got to was just a wee bit over 40C I think, on my birthday in November.  I was sitting a flight test that day, and being in a small plane on the tarmac was like sitting in a greenhouse. At least it is a dry heat rather than hellishly humid.  Still, not sure how i'd cope biking/running in that. Sounds like i'll need a pre-race holiday to Lanza to test out some training in the heat!!

I love the sound of the 'Adopt and athlete' programme, awwww!  How cool would that be?!

I am making myself laugh in that i'm talking about doing an IM in the blazing heat when i've been finding just marathon training a struggle this year, lol.  Oh well, onwards and upwards.  It is good to have a goal!!  After all this chat, I just hope I can get in before it sells out now, lol

28/05/2013 at 12:24

It only struck me afterwards that the only way I could tell whether I still had ice cubes in my bra on the run course was by patting it to feel for lumps! Never felt them cold or melting.

Guess it will a late night in early December for you Lee. Wish I could join you - I'd love to go back.

Iron Pingu    pirate
28/05/2013 at 12:30

Ha LMH, the flip flop injury !!!  That's probably the worst injury I've had and I did it when I was standing still watering a plant!

Adopt an athlete is a lovely idea, bet the kids were really excited about it too

Lee, I was in Oz at the same time the race was on and and really wanted to get involved, it really inspired me to sign up to IMW.

The Evil Pixie    pirate
28/05/2013 at 13:12

today's Outlaw training has consisted of 80mins of raining run which started off with legs telling me to F off and finished with a smile

followed by the purchasing of Outlaw sleeping bag (OK so not Outlaw branded but I only bought it 'cos I'm doing Outlaw!) and rucksack to enable cycling with wetsuit

am now off to do the Ironing to warm up! It is March at the weekend isn't it?

K9
28/05/2013 at 14:39

IMWA sounds amazing!!

Maybe you should all go over...and I'll visit my sister and cheer from the sidelines!

28/05/2013 at 18:03

Bugger, bum and bollocks  the taxman has decided that unbeknowist to me he has been merrilybbuggering up my PAYE taxcode for the last few years and wants it all back this year effectivly knocking out my race/tri fund and some for the year so goodbye Roth 2014 

28/05/2013 at 18:09

Unfair Max

Lee the Pea    pirate
28/05/2013 at 18:13

Nooooooooooooooooooo arggg that sucks Ridgeback. Can they not come to some agreement where they just up your tax rate over a period of time to claim it back? Esp.   if they ballsed it up in the first place!!! 

28/05/2013 at 18:28

Its very annoying have been PAYE now for 37 years without a glitch grrrrr! Trying to get through to the tax office to actually talk to someone is a pain, I will just have to suck it up worse things happen at sea and nobodies died but christ my tax stuff is pretty simple what i earn and a pension simples apparently a nice performance pay rise and some bouses pushed me into a different tax bracket which wasnt spotted Ho hum

Lee the Pea    pirate
28/05/2013 at 18:37

That is rubbish though. I've always checked with the tax office every few years to get them to check if i'd paid enough/too much, mainly because i was doing a lot of temping, so thought they owed me, which they did.  Also i just wanted to make sure i didn't end up owing them loads, but i shouldn't need to do that. You'd think they'd be a bit more reasonable though, in terms of repayment. Pigs!

Razor51    pirate
28/05/2013 at 18:59

You want to try talking to them if your self employed its a nightmare 

28/05/2013 at 19:09

TBH I haven't bothered to ask about repayments as I have tried 4 times to get through just to make sure they are right and after 10 minutes of hoop jumping to get to speak to someone they tell me they are busy and try later .....goodbye!  I will just suck it up and get it paid off ASAP but with 2 kids at Uni, triathlon trip s are the first to go perhaps go for whatever UK IM the pirates are going to hit in 2014 

seren nos yn canu    pirate
28/05/2013 at 20:15

bad news RBM.have you double checked the figures to make sure..........don't just take their word for it.

I have ran nearly 5 miles in horrible rain..noticed that the rain we have had today must be a lot as the rivers which were very shallow are running a torrent now......might have to rethink tomorrows swim in the taff

Razor51    pirate
28/05/2013 at 22:16

5.5 mile run with Horse tonight, nice and easy 9.42 min/mile pace. Feeling good,  

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.