Fink for outlaw 2013

201 to 220 of 3,129 messages
21/12/2012 at 17:57
Stanners from the Bridge wrote (see)
any drills people can recommend for hand entry and catch with my weaker side. I do everything with my right hand (smut alert) and find that unless I make s real effort my left hand is doing little more than laying on the water on that half of the stroke.

All my bike sessions are on the turbo and I can't see that changing until at least Feb unless this crap weather changes. However, I do pick up my shiny new TT bike tomorrow so I can turbo and imagine eating up the Nottinghamshire countryside!

Have you tried tying your right hand to the waistband of your Speedos, Stanners? Good way to isolate the left arm. If you do follow that advice, please tell me where and when, as I'd like to watch.

Lots of turbo sessions going on. All you hardcore IronPeople hiding from the rain. Bless .

Red_dog_chris    pirate
22/12/2012 at 05:29
Couldnt sleep so been out for 1 1/2 cycle and 15 min run. Nice empty streets and quite mild too.
22/12/2012 at 10:41

I expect you were going on out the bike before people were coiming home from the pub RDC

seren nos    pirate
22/12/2012 at 11:49

just under 7 wet miles done.the last 3 dressedas a christmas fairy and off road................ran slowly to keep the HR down.but wanted to speed up to finish the park run and get dry

Red_dog_chris    pirate
22/12/2012 at 12:30
I expect you were going on out the bike before people were coiming home from the pub??

Lol yes I saw a few swaying down the road when I was out.
22/12/2012 at 15:20

Missed the park run this morning, didn't think that I would get there in time with the extra christmas shoppers on the road.

So today has just been 40 miles on the bike, very wet out there, I have decided that my water proof gloves are only waterproof when there is no water about, otherwise they soak up as much water as possible 

The question is now should I go to the pub or go swimming? 

Rafiki    pirate
22/12/2012 at 15:23

Pub!!!

Think I have the same gloves as you BBT!! Managed 2 hours in the pissing rain this morning before I gave up on ...errr... safety grounds!!

seren nos    pirate
22/12/2012 at 17:03

Guys.you are amazing cycling in this weather..............BBT.if you want anothe couple of hours on the bike tomorrow i can comeup to your for a ride .I can see me trying to book in on double spin to avoid this weather

BBT... go to the pub and then swim back in the rivers that were roads

Britrisky    pirate
22/12/2012 at 17:51

A soggy 10 miles for me this morning, all z2, except the last 50m of Parkrun (couldn't resist ). Lots of Santas.

Cooking rest of day - bliss.

Swimming tomorrow to make up for a rest day on Tuesday

seren nos    pirate
23/12/2012 at 08:18

I am debating whether to go out on the bike.do double spin or to go on the turbo.............

as long as I head in the direction of no known road closures by flooding i should be ok

today is the last day of the week for week 2 and I only have a bike ride left to do

Red_dog_chris    pirate
23/12/2012 at 09:12
1 hour run done. Wanted to go for a bit longer but I have been stuffing quality street down me and its made me sluggish lol
The Evil Pixie    pirate
23/12/2012 at 11:37

Having finally got a turbo wheel yesterday (had to be made as 650s are like rocking horse poo) I've just put on the tube and tyre and put it on the bike. Start to finish err 35mins. I'm assuming this was mainly due to the difficulties of putting the tyre on which I am relating to it being a new tyre out of the box and therefore not in shape. I can't really be that bad at changing a wheel can I?

The Evil Pixie    pirate
23/12/2012 at 11:46

so given I've done very little these last couple of weeks, and that next week will be a few short grabbed runs when I get back to it in week4 I'm thinking I should be OK to just do wk4 as it's 30mins max.

What do you think?

23/12/2012 at 12:35
seren nos yn canu wrote (see)

Guys.you are amazing cycling in this weather..............BBT.if you want anothe couple of hours on the bike tomorrow i can comeup to your for a ride .I can see me trying to book in on double spin to avoid this weather

BBT... go to the pub and then swim back in the rivers that were roads

Hope you managed to get out on your bike today Seren. I couldn't ride today, by bike kit was in the wash.. and I went to the pub like you suggested 

seren nos    pirate
23/12/2012 at 12:55

managed to get to Merthyr on my hybrid....first time out on the bike in over a month i think

great to be out and great to tick off week 2's training

23/12/2012 at 13:56
1.30 on the turbo yesterday enjoyed watching stardust whilst I was at it. Then a 1hr run this morning so the week completed. This coming week will not be completed but I shall do what I can.
Razor51    pirate
23/12/2012 at 14:27
5.5 mile run this morning, made a conscious effort to stay in the low Z2 felt good and the sun was out. Week 2 done in parts, missed 1 swim and 1 bike but not to concerned at this stage as I have built up a decent base getting over my injury.
The Evil Pixie    pirate
23/12/2012 at 16:51

20mins Z2 run at nearly normal HR and pace!! Woo Hoo!!

Am now packing kit to take home for Christmas - don't care if it's just 20mins again felt so good to be out

JvR
23/12/2012 at 16:57
seren nos yn canu wrote (see)

managed to get to Merthyr on my hybrid....first time out on the bike in over a month i think

great to be out and great to tick off week 2's training

I'll be getting to Merthyr on Boxing Day but it will be in the car
Will have to make do with lots of runs and no cycling and swimming until I get back home New Year's Day.

Managed a short gym session with my son this morning who decided that it would be a good idea to race me on the rowing machine with me doing 1000m and him 500m. Clever so and so decided to stop with 6m to go thinking that he'd be able to start again when I was almost finished and still beat me. He lost by 1m

Finally road my bike outdoors for the first time in ages and tried out my Garmin Edge. Quite chuffed with it. Managed 12 undulating miles in an hour.

The Evil Pixie    pirate
23/12/2012 at 19:48

won''t be around much for a few days but kit already packed so I hope to do a few short runs.

In the meantime happy and healthy Christmas and an Iron New Year!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.