Fink for outlaw 2013

2,881 to 2,900 of 3,161 messages
The Evil Pixie    pirate
29/06/2013 at 10:11

splash in the OW today - doing start stops mainly and goggle practice as the buggers went steamy so had to take off etc

noticed clammy mouth so must drink more next week

also went giddy so had to pause for a bit

tested 910 using multi mode and a run to start and it was OK

going for a short bike tomorrow me finks

really should get the tent out this weekend to just in case it's knackered!

felt really nervous today it's kicking home

Tired Badger    pirate
29/06/2013 at 10:15

I'm absolutly bricking it, taking my bike to get a check over today, then i think i'm going to test everything on my kit list, putting it in boxes ready for packing thursday 1 week to go 

The Evil Pixie    pirate
29/06/2013 at 10:20

TB I'm stuck between wanting to train and not wanting to get injured - saw SA's injury and now I don't want to leave bed! Need petrol next week too

So many people saying "Not long" "when is it now" "what distances again" "I don't know how you can do it I couldn't" and my head just goes "I CAN'T DO THIS!"

Anyone else registering Friday? Hope to be there 4:30 ish

Tired Badger    pirate
29/06/2013 at 10:32

I'm hoping to be there about the same time, definatly be there friday night but not sure if it will be on time to register

The Evil Pixie    pirate
29/06/2013 at 10:37

i'm registering

coming home, panicing,packing, re-packing etc!

Mr StOat    pirate
29/06/2013 at 10:46

Planning to babe there early afternoon Friday. Get a decent spot camp the pirate camp and get registered ASAP. 

Will pack this weekend as I'm away half of next week. 

I dreamt I did it last night. Woke up feeling relieved that I could still walk, then realised why! I think I remember my finishing time so will be interesting to see on the day

Nurse Ratched    pirate
29/06/2013 at 11:01

We won't get there 'til Sat lunchtime. 

The Evil Pixie    pirate
29/06/2013 at 11:01

going to sit down this afternoon and make some pirate arm warmers out of socks. Only need them to last a test and the day! Have proper arm warmers but they are all black and I don't want to lose them, this way I can chuck them at a feed station if needed.

Matt I packed last week

29/06/2013 at 11:04

If you are racing and camping especially in the Pirate area do not forget forgetting pack ear plugs

Glad to hear you are all bricking it cos if you ain't you aren't taking it seriously

I still get nervy before an Ironman it all disappears on the b of the bang of the starting gun

The Evil Pixie    pirate
29/06/2013 at 11:42

bricking it is an understatement

feeling a bit sick actually and trying to work out if it's my head doing the WTF or real!

Mr StOat    pirate
29/06/2013 at 12:44

I'm feeling fairly relaxed. It will be a different story by Friday when I pitch the tent. 

The way I see it is I've done the training (well some of it)

im fairly sure ill make it through the swim, definite ill get through the bike (can't be worse than the Fens and once I'm on the run course I'm pretty sure I can through to the finish line. 

Bring. It. On. 

The Evil Pixie    pirate
29/06/2013 at 13:05

happy I can do the swim, bike is tight, run is 100% mental to keep going. If I get there I think I can do it

still bricking it!

Hubby just said we would do the garden tomorrow I said NO! he can I'm not!

29/06/2013 at 13:06

Nice one Matt Matt you got to have faith in the training

29/06/2013 at 13:59

I'm quite relaxed at the moment too. did my last open water swim this morning at a nice easy pace staying with someone who wasnt too confident. then did the Fink 2hr + 30 brick session, sun was shining and I'd like to have stayed out longer but resisted.

I should be up at Nottingham late morning on Friday to pitch the tent, register and relax.

29/06/2013 at 16:33

The sun is back today and so is my mojo 1 hr OW swim and Finks 2 Hr 30 brick done an do enjoyed it all. The taper cold is also leaving just hope I haven't peaked a week too early. I'm hoping to arrive with time to register on Friday. Currently really happy and looking forwards to the big day if t's like the half the nerves will hit at 1pm Sat. 

K9
29/06/2013 at 19:16

I did our local sportive today. 

Id originally entered the usual 104 but downstaged to the 63 as I need to be able to recover easily. ...

Pleased to report it felt very short and easy. Wanted to have done more. Managed 16.5 mph- which isn't fast by any of your standards, but is a good 2-3 mph faster than anything I've managed in training ...so I can do a bit faster after all.

140bpm HR average - whatever that means (my training has all been 100-120bpm average and I thought I couldn't do any better)

Sciatica still there but better than a week ago.

Yay

Will do an 8 mile run tomorrow and my usual swim. Not much else in the week...just a bit of ticking over

29/06/2013 at 19:32

I'm on true melt down as my mother called it. Just going to do about 25/30 on the bike tomorrow and not a lot else next week. Couple of short swims and runs and I'm done. Really looking forward to it now though if I think about it too hard my stomach does somersaults. Practised changing the tyres today. Better late than never. 10 mins will have to do. Fingers crossed I don't need to do it on the day.

Wanted to print race pack off so I can make lists but just changed router because the old one stopped working and printer wifi so no longer works so I'm having printer rage.

seren nos    pirate
29/06/2013 at 19:34

K9.that is super fast for the majority of people on here.........

glad you didn't do the long one......you need to rest .are you sure there can be any benefit from doing the 8 mile run tomorrow.it might flare up the sciatica .and I'm sure there would be no training benefit gained a week out.......

K9
29/06/2013 at 19:52

Don't worry seren...I am pretty rested. Did very little last week.

My running mileage in total is only about 400 miles this whole year...not much really.

I can't imagine a Sundaywithout doing SOMETHING!!!

seren nos    pirate
29/06/2013 at 19:53

I can .rleaxing in the garden with a book and a glass of cider

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.