Fink for outlaw 2013

21 to 40 of 3,129 messages
10/12/2012 at 18:45

anybody on here use twitter? would be good to hear more about everybodys training if they tweet about it.

Cpt.Jack sparra    pirate
10/12/2012 at 18:53
Most people on here are on twitter ! Especially all the pirates !
10/12/2012 at 19:27

my twitter is @Jasonaxe23 I will follow anyone back who is doing outlaw.

Running Postie    pirate
10/12/2012 at 19:28
Britrisky wrote (see)

RP - rest day Christmas Day! My schedule has me doing a brick session at some point that day ... mmm 

Im hoping to sneak on the turbo on xmas day!

1393jason wrote (see)

anybody on here use twitter? would be good to hear more about everybodys training if they tweet about it.

I dont tweet my taining but I do log it on fetch which is linked to face book so everyone can see my training.

I failed miserable today, between work and asthma, it has been zero chance, so rest day it was tomorrow swim and run(well elipticle trainer)

The Evil Pixie    pirate
10/12/2012 at 20:08

Sulking

I normally train before school so having a cold/cough is not good when it's 0 or less even at Z2 and lots of walking. Can't convert to evenings as I'm coughing more than during the day! FFS

School trip to the National Space Center with 60 germ ridden year 8s tomorrow and  thursday

The way this week is going I'll end up with almost 2 weeks without training.

ST 4 weeks? no training? *gulp*

Mind you it solves my problem about Fink 'cos I'll be back to square 1 at this rate anyway so 15mins will be fine!

Mr StOat    pirate
10/12/2012 at 20:25
I'm also on twitter @angry_face_man and my training generally gets logged on Fetch.
Cpt.Jack sparra    pirate
10/12/2012 at 20:39
@Cpt_jacksparra
10/12/2012 at 22:20
I am do frickin happy training is now under way. 30 weeks to go folks!

Day 1 done. Although a rest day, it is one of the few occasions I can get in the pool so kicked off the intermediate plan. Swim set #33. One question, has anyone completed this or any other set? Our pool's sessions are limited to an hour so I managed 42 minutes of swimming and only 1900m of a planned 2500.

Also managed a core session at lunch.

On twitter as @danestanley
seren nos yn canu    pirate
10/12/2012 at 22:22

stanners..i don't do the swim sessions...i just swim and do the time suggested..........so I did an hours swim for sesion 33.and hopefully it will get easier and quicker

10/12/2012 at 23:01

I tend to do my own thing when swimming, but I don't think I could finish those sessions in the time.

Britrisky    pirate
10/12/2012 at 23:02

Same here, Stanners - couldn't manage 12 x 100m - could only fit in 8, but was happy with that. Thought about dropping to the Just Get Round swimming sets, but my pride won't let me!!

New experience keeping to a HR zone - got beeped at a lot at first, but managed to keep it to a level after a while. Can't say I liked the knee pain after 20 min, though - thought it'd go off, but have never been more glad to get to the end of a run ... hope its one of those flash in the pan things, not something real 

The Evil Pixie    pirate
11/12/2012 at 06:34

@the_evil_pixie

Still crock

1 week no training

sleeping worse now

fed up

sulking

wanna play

Today's cross training is a yr 8 (12 yr olds) trip to the Space Center in Leicester - to be repeated on Thursday - deep joy

11/12/2012 at 07:47

Day 2 isn't going to be good.

Up til 2pm at hospital with grandchild and now feeling so tired can't imagine swimming later plus obviously still children to look after

11/12/2012 at 09:35

Not on twitter or facebook - log all my training in excel. Soz chaps

Day 1, swim and run tick

Day 2 bike (read turbo) and run tick

Have spinning tonight for an hour then I'll do some core work at home.  Enjoying it so far although I do have to talk myself into getting out of bed.

Iron Muffin    pirate
11/12/2012 at 09:37

The swim sets are tough to fit in the 1 hour  time. My advice would be use as a guide, certainly the drills are good but I found the interval structure complicated and dull. I ended up doing my own stuff but I did spend many an hour as a junior swimming so fell back on a lot of that knowledge.

Coach Gordo said some good stuff last year on IM talk, he encourages 'zombie swims' ie. just get in the water and swim especially as recovery sets or to just put the time in.

11/12/2012 at 10:38

Hi All

I rested like a trooper on day 1 - It was interesting having a rest day on the first day but it helped remind me that rest days are for rest and recovery and you should actually rest no matter how much you want to just go on a quick run etc.

Today I struggled out of bed to be honest but once up and running was pleased to be out and about. I ran the mile to my local pool and had a go at swim set #'33 - I must admit I'm not used to doing drills so I don't know how beneficial my fist drills would have been and I felt a bit silly pounding at the water with closed fists but the rest of the swim felt good and I was suprised with the distance I managed to cover. I got 2300m of the 2500m planned in the hour I had and only missed the cool down (which I replaced with the run home) My new swim mp3 player was awesome too (didn't feel bored at all) (even though it can get a bit distracting at times)

I will do my 30min zone 2 run after work with my girlfriend (to prove that we'll still get to do things together despite iron distance training)

11/12/2012 at 13:02

How much fun is Fink ?

Well, Im on target with the first day - managed to do that one without injuring anyone .  Im behind schedule now, having slipped up by not bringing my costume and towel ( and I pressume buff isnt a designated costume at the local pool )

looking forward to my run tonight.  Its getting posted on my fb profile via the nike+ app.  have @mammothadams, but hate twitter so its all autofed tri news. might catch a glimpse of me going for a run.   Will have to look into fetch? not sure I can be arsed to update several things to confirm Ive not done the training I should.  *( I use a calendar to remind me what session is due on the day, and the forum to blag about it, fb via nike+, bike will be a turbo so Need to get a discipline around that and im thinking hard about tracking my food as Ive got to drop 6stone ( 84lbs ) to make the lycra fit and the event not life threatening.  )

45min z2 tonight for me, as ive built up the endurance a little already and Im keen to keep it flowing.  BIKE is where ive been too sloppy. swimming is OK, my runnin g needs a little pace - which is what dropping 6stone will do

anybody else using nike+ ?  I tried mapmyrun but its too complicated. ( or im too thick as it skipped half of my run on the test )

11/12/2012 at 13:33
Hi well moving my swim to Thursday and Sundays, so just 30 min Z2 run later. Not done much since mara-no-fun 4Th Nov due to Flu/Cold still got bit sor throat so hoping a gentle run won't harm it. Bike I'm thinking turbo or would taking my MTB out be worth it? Don't trust weather to use TT or road bike, I came off road bike last Feb on some ice not a good look lol.
11/12/2012 at 14:15

Z2 30min run done, that's day 2 done and dusted, apart from a session on the foam roller tonight.

Zombie swim, like the idea of that IronMuffin. My zombie will definately be the slow, dordling type. Not the freakishly fast type ala 28 Days Later

Running Postie    pirate
11/12/2012 at 19:15

I did manage to do the 2.5 km in the hour, in fact I peebeed in 54 mins, thats a whopping 4 minutes quicker than last week. I dont bother with the drills, but swim slow enough to make sure I keep good form. I concentrate for a few lengths on hand entry, then on keeping my elbows high, then the roll etc etc In Jan I could only manage 2km in the hour, consistant swimming is the key.

21 to 40 of 3,129 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.