Fink for outlaw 2013

441 to 460 of 3,129 messages
seren nos    pirate
06/01/2013 at 17:43

definitely and you have to practise eating and drinking on the move................i took my flapjacks with me and stupidly forgot when i put them in the bag not to do my normal double knot..............a right pain in the arse to undo when riding on roads........remembered for next week

The Evil Pixie    pirate
07/01/2013 at 06:44

I've only really eaten on the bike during my HIM with about err 1 practice before then!! Drinking I've done but still wobble a bit and hesitate. When I was using my bike more a few years ago I was OK but now I stop peddling to get the bottle in/out so wait until long flat fast stretches of road!

Z2 potter this morning and HR is officially back to normal after 5 weeks but I had got into really slow pottering so pace was really slow!

Back to school today - hardly slept last night so a tad tired already. Oh well

seren nos    pirate
07/01/2013 at 06:58

pixie.....i would say that learning to eat and drink on the bike is one of the most important things.......find a flat road and just keep on practising until you can be totally confident about it.........then on bike rides keep on doing it even if you have to get jelly tots out one at a time to get the practice...............

you really do not have the time to stop for anything on the bike leg unless you have to go to toilet...........

there just isn't time to be honest

early morning done in zone 1 ..happy to start the week off right

07/01/2013 at 09:34

Has anyone had an information pack for either the half or the full. I've 'heard' a few people mention they've read them.

07/01/2013 at 09:58

SS - They've got them online, I think they're not updated them from when we entered yet.

If you go here

http://www.onestepbeyond.org.uk/the-outlaw-triathlon.php

In red on the right hand side are links to the info pack, swim pack etc.

Running Postie    pirate
07/01/2013 at 10:27

last year at Outlaw,I waited to the pirate station for my pee stop, the lovely pirates held my bike and restocked whilst I went to the loo, they were brilliant!!

07/01/2013 at 12:02

Morning all - got back from a few days off in the sun yesterday feeling exceptionally guilty - despite managing to fit in a 10K run and some pool lengths whilst i was away.  quick half hour in the pool this morning done, back to running in the cold tomorrow

sweetfeet...    pirate
07/01/2013 at 13:45

First rest day I have actually looked forward to since the plan began.

End of week 5 so halfway through BASE phase already. I think I did my bike ride too fast on Satutrday. HRM was broke and I was trying to keep up with a mate who is a much better cyclist so I know I over-exerted. I was actually falling asleep during my 1hr run yesterday.

Highlights the need to stay in the lower zones during this period. I did a couple of sessions last week in higher zones and I'm paying for it.

07/01/2013 at 14:08

end of week 5? I'm just starting week 5 have you got a week in hand Sweetfeet?

seren nos    pirate
07/01/2013 at 14:13

i think a couple went a week or two early so that they had some leeway for illness/ holiday........

i am at the start of week 5 and can tick off a swim and a run and some yoga 

sweetfeet...    pirate
07/01/2013 at 14:49

HONK I'm not doing Outlaw. Using this Fink thread for IM Austria (which is the Sunday before Outlaw) rather than start another Fink thread...

I'm a 'thread squatter'

Good idea though Seren maybe I should have gone a week earlier. Too late now.

07/01/2013 at 16:45

I started 2 weeks earlier because I was maybe thinking of  going on hol in March for a week. So I am on week 7.... I think

07/01/2013 at 22:01
Thanks Seren Nos, was going to jip out of tonight's swim but your post of your earlier activity made me feel guilty. 2500m swim in 50 minutes, a PB, to follow up this mornings 1 hour run. Feeling very virtuous!
Mr StOat    pirate
07/01/2013 at 22:21
My run and bike are coming along, I actually sat down last week to work out my HR zones, so now doing the z1-z2 properly.
I've not swum yet though, I've been ill or away or just idle
I WILL start swimming this week.
sweetfeet...    pirate
07/01/2013 at 22:43

Well done Stanners. Top bombing.

I've still got to work out those zones 7755matt. I know my max is not the 220-age and must adjust. Otherwise I am in danger of over-doing it. The whole point of base is to stay low and I keep breaking the rules. I dont really need an HRM to tell me that though it is more about self-control and focusing on the IM rather than the training session I am doing. Training with others is dangerous sometimes too. You end up going at their pace not your own at times.

P.S. Don't fight the water. Just get down the pool.

The Evil Pixie    pirate
08/01/2013 at 06:15

Just a 25mins potter today. Starting to feel improvements now HR is playing ball but right hamstring niggle made me alter route to finish short. Thought I had sat odd at the weekend as I noticed it when sat down but it went. But there is something lurking there. Think it's just tightness so will stretch (OMG!) and turbo until the weekend oh and swim!

seren nos    pirate
08/01/2013 at 07:34

sweetfeet...........i agree that the training with others is dangerous for keeping to your own zones.......i'm trying to balance the benefit of actually having some company which makes it more interesting with the disadvantage of going too hard for a session.........

well done stanners........its a great feeling to get those sessions done......i was lucky this weekend that my manflu was just that and didn't develop worse........i think i have managed to train through it and feel good this morning and heart rate is lowered........

off on the turbo now for my brick session

#

have a good training day all

08/01/2013 at 08:46

4 mile run done this morning before work, had to cut it short as I left it a little late and had to go to work, 4:40 is not a good time to be getting up to go running, took a while for my brain to get into gear when the alarm was going off and for me to realise what was happening.

Got circuit session with a friend this evening, hoping I don't fall asleep in the plank position

08/01/2013 at 09:26

I had thought I was diong well managing 1600 meters in 1 hour in the pool. I see I need to improve a LOT.

Ah well perhaps if i ever have more time I shall try and say in until I've done 2500 just to see if I can manage it. Then work towards 4000!

OrangeCannon kona-5    pirate
08/01/2013 at 09:27

EP

I use one of these - its cheap, (£35ish) and holds bottles really well, (you dont want them bouncing out) and you can attach a saddle bag in between the bottles as well, (for inner tube, tyre leaver etc).  just need to play with the angle so the bottles dont interfere with your glutes

bontrager rear mounted cage

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.