Fink for outlaw 2013

501 to 520 of 3,129 messages
10/01/2013 at 17:33

will do easier gear next time but have just worked out my heart rate zones and it was actually z2

I'm feeling very virtuous today. Only long run and long bike to go this week. I never have a problem fitting those in so this will be the first week that I've done everything I'm meant to

Mr StOat    pirate
10/01/2013 at 17:34

1:45 out on the bike. Mostly z2 but up into z3 by acciddent occasionally. The fog made it like riding it custard.

Will be aiming for longer on the weekend

Now off climbing for a bit of cross training

seren nos    pirate
10/01/2013 at 17:43

i'm going to hit over 13 hours in the first 4 days this week.looks like i can have an easy weekend 

The Evil Pixie    pirate
10/01/2013 at 21:52

30 mins TT in new pirate shorts that A fit and B are comfy

Finally sussed how to get the resistence to work/stay on and it makes a difference

Razor51    pirate
10/01/2013 at 22:04
I too have done 2 swims, 3 runs and a turbo session up to now this week
The Evil Pixie    pirate
11/01/2013 at 06:10

30mins run done

so all fink runs ticked off and 1 bike, means I have to do my remaining 2 bikes in 1 (75mins not hard to do!) and 2 swims (seeing as he assumes 30mins (hahahaha) then 1hr should be cool!)

run HR is improving

found someones wallet whilst out so off to find the nearest cop shop. No idea where it is!

seren nos    pirate
11/01/2013 at 08:17

if i had known that finks just get youround programme..... only had the swims at 30 mins i would have followed that

as it is i have done 5 weeks of 2 hours............thats more swimming than i uisually do in a year

rest day for me.shame its looking quite nice out.still ... lots to do around the house and to do formy mother to kep me busy

11/01/2013 at 12:22

got my friday run in at almost oh my god oclock. 45 mins that should have been 60, but gently does it after 4 weeks of idle/hardly any. big bike tomorrow. thats  going to be a test  (but hardly sufferlandria quality) 60mins turbo longest bike ive done for a while, but needs must when the race entries include your name at the top .

will be looking for a motivational calenday I can flag my training on so the family know what im up too and and when

11/01/2013 at 14:23

Long run done. 10miles with a bit of z4 (I know, I know) but training for a half marathon as well and feel underprepared.

Rest tomorrow and long bike Sunday.

11/01/2013 at 17:22
My longest bike ever today. Wife was out shopping so 45 hilly miles in 3hrs dead. All low Z2 and felt really steady. Very satisfying considering previous longest ride was 2 hours. Off to the pool soon

Keep at it people!
seren nos    pirate
11/01/2013 at 18:31

slokey Jioe..good pace there for low heart rate...

Mr StOat    pirate
11/01/2013 at 18:57
I'm off to the pool tonight. First swim in ages. In really nervous. I have a feeling the coach will try and kill me
OrangeCannon kona-5    pirate
11/01/2013 at 21:30

keep hitting those swims seren......
If you are swim fit, then you might not be that much quicker but you will get out the swim without it taking much out of you, (ie you essentially cruise around it)

You will see the difference in the marathon as you have not knacked your self out in the first 90 mins.... so you can keep running 90 minutes longer......

you never know... you might start enjoying it too!

Mr StOat    pirate
11/01/2013 at 23:32

2km in teh pool done at masters, so different session to Finks.

Good God it was hard work! I think I need to swim far more often. I think the last proper swimming I did was November.

Now I cant decide if I want to eat sleep or die.

Please tell me it gets easier (quicker would also be nice)

Parkrun in the morning, then long bike and long run Sunday

12/01/2013 at 09:10
Matt, I managed my 2.5k swim (46min) last night needing only an additional 11minutes over my typical 1500 time 3 months ago (35min) and felt like I could have kept going and going. So yes, it definitely gets easier and faster. Not sure whether the drills, the reps or the consistency has made the difference but I suspect it's a combination of all three. Good luck in the parkrun.

Seren, I'm finding that the legs are the limiting factor rather than my ticker. Expect they'll toughen up a bit over the next few weeks
12/01/2013 at 09:18

long bike? done  managed 40 on the turbo. third bike session of the year !

needs to be double that and the quality is in need of focus.

might have to hit the road to get the legs working !

Mr StOat    pirate
12/01/2013 at 10:40
Parkrun done. Pretty much top end of z2 but kept straying into z3. Found it really hard to keep it down, not sure if it was the cold or seeing loads of club members just in front of me.
I think it's going to be 1 week z2 1 week balls out.
Need to get long bike in later on.
Run tomorrow, and I've managed a full week bar 1 swim.

I might look at the 'get round' plan for swimming for a couple of weeks
seren nos    pirate
12/01/2013 at 11:11

what a miserable morning in south wales........park run done for me.

glad i crammed most of my training into the first part of the wek as i wouldn't want to cycle out today,.foggy, wet and windy.....i ignore my heart rate zone for the odd race and just keep to the low zones for the rest of the time...........no point in doing a race if i'm going to walk it.......

hope the weather is better for you matt for the bike ride.....i'm hoping tomorrow is better here

Britrisky    pirate
12/01/2013 at 11:27
After a strange HR glitch on Thursday when I couldn't run more than a few yards without my HR soaring (z6 sometimes!!) today's long run was fine, in fact had to push a bit to shift up from z1 at times.

The only difference was a thicker base layer and gloves, it would seem

I like the last session of the week being a run - I love running
12/01/2013 at 11:31
Britrisky, Sounds like your HRM is on the blink - have you changed the batteries recently?

Glorious crisp sunny day up here in the lakes - off out for offroad run in a mo
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.