Fink for outlaw 2013

521 to 540 of 3,129 messages
12/01/2013 at 11:34

Bike done ,god I've got some work to do there, this is my weakest discipline not that I'm very hot on ther others LOL.  Run tomorrow but will have to be early as Hubby has XC and its a club event. 

Enjoy the rest of the weekend guy's.

Oh  and it was ruddy cold out there so wrap up I thought my feet were going to fall off.

The Evil Pixie    pirate
12/01/2013 at 12:01

Bike done and I'm freezing

6.65m off road to town (42mins) 6.4m home on road 31mins ... yes that mud was very hard work! 2mins short really but hey I can live with that

Swim tomorrow morning with son to finish the week with the right amount of time per sport done (just 1 long swim not 2 short!)

Pirate jacket was amazing - very visable and much better than a running jacket so very happy

12/01/2013 at 13:00
Britrisky - just had the same problem with my HRM. Had me at 201bpm when just jogging. I think that the cold weather = lack of sweat = poor contact with sensors. I licked the back of mine (mmm salty) and it was fine after that.
The Evil Pixie    pirate
12/01/2013 at 13:03

when I spoke to the folks who I bought mine off they recommended using a gel especially in the cold weather, garmin says the working range is to -5 so it could very well be cold weather causes issues. Before christmas I had 243 as my max!! No I didn't die or have a heart attack!

12/01/2013 at 13:07
Pixie, 6.4miles in 31 minutes !!!!
The Evil Pixie    pirate
12/01/2013 at 13:16

there may have been a long down hill and a long fast stretch too  but I did then have a long slow climb back up most of it to get home!

12/01/2013 at 14:32

I miss running.  Going into fourth week of tendonitis/plantar fasciitis and it's still shite. Trying to remain positive and doing every run session on the cross trainer or in the pool with the aqua belt, but nothing can replace running 

Britrisky    pirate
12/01/2013 at 15:16
Lick it? No, didn't try that ... Change battery? Both really helpful tips I hadn't thought about. Will try that if it happens again. Just relieved that I haven't developed some debilitating heart condition overnight!!

Hang in there, LB - Mo Farah did loads of aqua running, and all that cross training work will really keep in with the schedule. Sounds like you're doing all the right things ...
12/01/2013 at 15:58
Two hour cycle done today. Weather not too bad considering the forecast. Definitely need to keep practising these hills!!
The Evil Pixie    pirate
12/01/2013 at 16:18

i got an aqua belt when I had a stress fracture then did the london marathon

ok slowly but I didn't die!

12/01/2013 at 17:42
LB, I know how you feel. I'm just coming back after 13 weeks off running due to PF and the foot's still not right tbh. 30 mins today then had the foot buried in my favourite bag of frozen peas. Have you been rolling your foot on an ice bottle, stretching calves, hammies, hip flexors? They all seem to help a bit but it seems to take ages to make any progress at all. It would be nice to have a magic bullet treatment.
seren nos yn canu    pirate
12/01/2013 at 17:49

if you can still cycle and swim........then don't panic.......the running is the least important on the day..........be strong on the other two and you will mentally get yourself  to run/walk the marathon

12/01/2013 at 18:00

Rest day for me and had a little nap

12/01/2013 at 18:39
Britrisky wrote (see)
Lick it? No, didn't try that ... Change battery? Both really helpful tips I hadn't thought about. Will try that if it happens again. Just relieved that I haven't developed some debilitating heart condition overnight!!

Hang in there, LB - Mo Farah did loads of aqua running, and all that cross training work will really keep in with the schedule. Sounds like you're doing all the right things ...

I have had loads of issues with my HRM have dumped my Garmin twice and changed the batteries somebody recommended conductive gel to me and it has worked a treat and readings now seem accurate rather than suggesting I am either mega fit or dead

12/01/2013 at 18:43
You guys are ace. Thanks for the much needed reassurance
12/01/2013 at 18:55

I've just been reading Fink again and looking at the swimming drills. I normally just get in and do an hours zombie swim and whilst I've definitely got faster I have decided I should be doing what I'm told to so it seems to me I need some fins. Do others use them and if so which ones and what size fins?

12/01/2013 at 19:02

I got the size that fits my feet 

Sorry, not very helpful am i?. I dont use them very often only when the tri club get us drilling in them, I find i tend to cramp when wearing them but that may be more to do with its always straight after a hard run session.

I should probably do drills more often too, but prefer to just swim when I go on my own to pool.

Edited: 12/01/2013 at 19:05
12/01/2013 at 19:11
H0NK wrote (see)

I got the size that fits my feet 

That's a good place to start

But other than that I meant what size fin bit not shoe bit if that makes sense

seren nos yn canu    pirate
12/01/2013 at 19:15

i don't use fins as i have had achillies problems in the past ..and i don't use hand paddles as i have shoulder issues.........and don't use kick borads as i can't kick..........

so i'm left with zombie swimming 

12/01/2013 at 19:30

Obviously you're not all out there following fink to the letter. Makes me feel better perhaps I won't bother then. Would have to write it all down and leave at the end of the pool for reference anyway

Long bike tomorrow. Does anybody use a mountain bike for their rides if there's a possibility of ice although tomorrow looks like it could be good.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.