Fink for outlaw 2013

621 to 640 of 3,129 messages
Britrisky    pirate
16/01/2013 at 17:02

Rather pleased at having survived 2 hours on the turbo this afternoon, thanks to my son's Kindle Fire and Ski Sunday followed by Pramface 

seren nos    pirate
16/01/2013 at 17:03

lots of people on here have the alpkit.and swear by it......I have a pretxl tikka as i won it as part of a prize a couple of years ago......a 50 mile race in the lakedistrict with just 2 months notice.......with some kit thrown in

16/01/2013 at 17:09

Oh god, I found more: "whats the harm in entering now", "your mutli-sport season", "do you to stay in high quality..", "accomodation". I need a wee lie down.

seren nos    pirate
16/01/2013 at 17:26

Boules.........I hate pedants on the forums but i agree that companies should use the correct english

16/01/2013 at 18:23

EP _ Did you not have a place anyway?

Britsky -  do you read whilst on the turbo? That could make time go quicker.

Britrisky    pirate
16/01/2013 at 18:52

SS - I tend to read during the spin session. I have the metronome on (so can't have any other noise which distracts me), and I read a page and then count 100 (to take up an extra minute) before I turn the page, to keep me concentrating on the cadence.

I ration my reading, because I'm really particular about what I read, so when I get into a book I want to make it last, so try not to read every day. Just finished Holg's book, so now I'll have a time of no reading, because I need a time to let it sink in before I'll be ready to try something else. 

... loved it, by the way, Holgs, especially all the reflective stuff at the end - my sentiments entirely, but expressed better than I could!

16/01/2013 at 19:03

Britsky - I just finished his book too. Great read. Very inspiring but it's dangerous reading books like that with talks of more than 1 ironman and ultras etc

Still got the lurgy so might try a slow turbo tomorrow and a read.

16/01/2013 at 19:14
seren nos wrote (see)

Boules.........I hate pedants on the forums but i agree that companies should use the correct english

Huge apologies if I came across as a pedant. If I'm the only one bothered by the plethora of errors in the newsletter, I promise to remain ever quiet on my soapbox. It was also an attempt at humour though, and apologies if I offended. I would never mock the spelling or grammar of anyone on the forums, but I expect a bit better from a published newsletter. I promise to keep my deep thoughts to myself from now on 

Edited: 16/01/2013 at 19:19
16/01/2013 at 19:49
I'm with you LB. People using "myself" and "yourself" instead of "me" and "you" is my current gripe.

Seren, English has a capital E!
16/01/2013 at 20:27

Les boules, you are not alone my friend. Seeing basic grammar mistakes in published media gets my goat too.

The Evil Pixie    pirate
16/01/2013 at 21:06

yes I do have a place but I was doing the "why am I doing this?" thing and it was a visual reminder YES I am in and YES I have paid and YES I will do it and CAN do it!

16/01/2013 at 21:55
Coming round to the fact I am a fair weather plodder. I detest training in this weather (TT in the shed, terrified on the run). 100% for the Intermediate plan so far (if you ignore the swimming) but i so wish this weather would "do one"!

Any tips on sticking i out other than HTFU!
Razor51    pirate
16/01/2013 at 22:08
1200 mtr swim at lunch and 5 mile run with Horse tonight in -3c along the canal, run done in Z2 and it felt good
seren nos    pirate
16/01/2013 at 22:08

Les boules........i meant it to come across like badger said.............that its annoying in printed media........I just get wound up when people try and correct peoples post on the forum........forums are for chatting without worrying about english...........

but yes I'm happy for people to bring up stupid media stuff

stanners its not easy in this weather......well done for sticking to it so far..........whats wrong with the swimming

Rafiki    pirate
16/01/2013 at 22:13
BrokeButTri'ng wrote (see)

Raf do Alpkit sponsor Pirates or something?

Someone has got to pick up Seren's bar tab

seren nos    pirate
16/01/2013 at 22:15

i will not be drinking this year at outlaw..i will be in bed by 8pm each night

16/01/2013 at 22:16
Work commitments means i am averaging 1 swim session per week. Comfortable with where i am (2500 in 50m at a very managable effort level) but i will struggle to improve speed / efficiency given the frequency of my sets.

Averaging 13kmph in z2 for long runs and averaged 29kmph on last weekends 1h 45m bike so my concern is just swimming (and the effing weather). I really cant see my swim volumes increasing until OW starts again in April
seren nos    pirate
16/01/2013 at 22:26

stanners.if you have that base for the swimming i think you will be fine when it builds up in spring OW........

looks like the training is going really well

The Evil Pixie    pirate
17/01/2013 at 06:08

30mins z2 on turbo- not sure if it's the increasing volume/yesterdays long ride but slower today than i thought which is disappointing.

resting tomorrow

seren nos    pirate
17/01/2013 at 06:58

resting for me tomorrow as wel EP.........got some yoga today and running

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.