Fink for outlaw 2013

641 to 660 of 3,129 messages
seren nos    pirate
17/01/2013 at 07:07

I'm so tempted to bin the yoga and try and get out on the bike,.............we only have very light snow falling that should stop soon....the weather does not look very promising for the weekend............I'm not sure i could do a long bike on the turbo........

17/01/2013 at 10:49

Thick heavy snow stops play, can't run or bike in it, not worth risking your neck driving to the pool in it early doors or late at night either.

Could turbo but still not quite right after last weeks lurgy and since it's my chest that hurts I figure training is best left. But 2 weeks off, will this scupper my plans?

Britrisky    pirate
17/01/2013 at 12:24

Loving my Yaktrax Pro in the snow ... highly recommended. Haven't slipped once, even on really icy stuff.

AB - better to rest now and be healthy for the heavier stuff later on, I reckon, and the weather is helping you to rest.

seren nos    pirate
17/01/2013 at 12:27

alibear.........this early on there is no problems with missing a few weeks.its consistency on the rest of the programme that will count

sweetfeet...    pirate
17/01/2013 at 13:45

Feel your pain AliBear I have been laid low this week. Just starting to get some 50% sessions back on track with a view to a close to full week next week.

Thinking of a run-commute tomorrow to avoid any snow disruption and tick off the Friday run at the same time without having to be up too early.

Although i was keen to avoid it adaptation does appear to be the name of the game with IM training.

Nurse Ratched    pirate
17/01/2013 at 16:17
seren nos wrote (see)

alibear.........this early on there is no problems with missing a few weeks.its consistency on the rest of the programme that will count

I think we all need a wee reminder like that, Seren.  
I've been a bit pissed off today because I'm feeling wiped out (monster headache and neck pain yesterday) and have decided not to train, and I won't be able to fit anything in tomorrow either.  
I need to remind myself that, in the grand scheme of things, an extra rest day at this stage is neither here nor there, and will do me good if I'm feeling ropey.

Right - now that I've justified lying on the sofa, I can get back to some quality blobbing! 

17/01/2013 at 17:52
Stanners from the Bridge wrote (see)
Work commitments means i am averaging 1 swim session per week. Comfortable with where i am (2500 in 50m at a very managable effort level) but i will struggle to improve speed / efficiency given the frequency of my sets.

Averaging 13kmph in z2 for long runs and averaged 29kmph on last weekends 1h 45m bike so my concern is just swimming (and the effing weather). I really cant see my swim volumes increasing until OW starts again in April

Nothing to fret about, Stanners. You're fit as a butcher's dog and work-life balance will be re-established in no time. ONe good session a week will do you fine until then, mate .

seren nos    pirate
17/01/2013 at 17:55

and don't do anything silly with the bad weather..run off road if you are happy but otherwise there is no prizes for injury due to hitting ice..........

this is a long road,,,,better to do a shorter treadmill or turbo just to kep going.( and hate them both ).........

The Evil Pixie    pirate
17/01/2013 at 20:24

*removes all thoughts of "just a short one" tomorrow and remembers rest is important*

seren nos    pirate
18/01/2013 at 08:12

rest day for me and hubby..He can't get to work.................I am so tempted to get on the trail shoes and go for a long run off road.....................

propably not wise as did 10.5 miles yesterday and my yoga class yesterday involved partner work which is making me a little tender

sweetfeet...    pirate
18/01/2013 at 12:38

Running is officially quicker than driving. Five mile run commute this morning and I was the first one to work!

If those pavements ice up it might be a diffrent story on the way home...

So my Friday 95 min run will be in two halves. But at least I didn't have to get up at silly oclock to do it before I came in. I might make Friday run commute Fink Friday!

seren nos    pirate
18/01/2013 at 13:06

right didn't rest but went for a 2 hour run in teh snow.....it was lovely........only managed 9 miles 

but sometimes you train because the schedule tells you....and sometime you get out there because its beauitful to be able to

18/01/2013 at 16:50

Long run done in lovely snow

My family and neighbours think I'm mad but tomorrow will be slush and ice...

18/01/2013 at 18:58
Work commitments meant I missed my bike session yesterday so did it this morning instead on the turbo. Contemplating going out for a run in a bit as it looks quite nice out there in the snow. Haven't managed any swim sessions this week tho...need to have a rethink about how I incorporate the leisure centre pool timetable into my plan...
The Evil Pixie    pirate
19/01/2013 at 09:58

too scared to drive to the pool so 45mins snow run for me too, lot slower and higher HR as the slippy bits were scary and the deep bits hard work! Still lovely to be out there.

More snow forecast for tomorrow so looks like just 1 swim this week - will do an elongated paper run tomorrow or turbo instead

Stoatally Different    pirate
19/01/2013 at 10:15
It's been a tough week. I didn't risk getting to the pool last night. I'm a run and bike down.
Looks like 2 hour turbo coming up this afternoon with short brick after.
Hope to tracks are ok for long rub tomorrow. I've dug the yaktraks out to try
19/01/2013 at 10:55

2hr turbo done and just about to go for a run.

Pixie, what is an elongated paper run?

19/01/2013 at 11:06

When you really, really need the toilet but your still three miles from your house??

Britrisky    pirate
19/01/2013 at 11:19
Long run with Parkrun this morning - 12.5 miles felt more like a marathon - good training, though. Rest now til Mon - yay!
seren nos    pirate
19/01/2013 at 11:42

convincing myself that this week can be a run specific week.......I did extra on the bike last week so not too worried if I can't do much on the turbo tomorrow.son is on it at the moment.trying out the new saddle...I have put a planet x one on it as thats the one i have on my road bike

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.