Fink for outlaw 2013

701 to 720 of 2,715 messages
Running Postie    pirate
27/01/2013 at 09:37
Britrisky fingers crossed.
Ali no such thing as too slow, tis time in the saddle, the speed will improve I promise
Mr StOat    pirate
27/01/2013 at 10:08

1:15 run done, for 7.15 miles all z1-2 a tiny hill top blip to z3 but only seconds

getting MTV ready for a slushy ride with friends later, then a mile or so run with Mrs Matt tonight and possibly a weights session

First I need to thaw my feet out

27/01/2013 at 13:47
10k XC done with the club so that's today's run done. Not sure I can salvage my trainers.
Mr StOat    pirate
27/01/2013 at 15:21

Went out with friends to re-do the loop along the cycleways and towpaths, but the slush was that thick and ice was that bad we got 7 miles in and they decided to call it a day and head home. 2 1/4 hours to do 14 miles is pretty hard going tbh.

Still, a mile or so to run tonight with mrs matt

seren nos    pirate
27/01/2013 at 15:35

after following finks low heart rate running for the last few weeks it does make you wonder how it will affect speed............all my training runs seem to be at around 11 min miling..........

today i did an 8 mile race and managed to PB by 44 secs........66:46 which is a an average of about 8:20..all splits were between 8:19 and 8:29 apart from the last which was 7:56...

has given me more faith in the slow run training method 

Mr StOat    pirate
27/01/2013 at 16:21
That's good to know Seren, I've started up wonder as all my runs are averaging 10:30 mm, which seems pretty slow. I'll stick with it
27/01/2013 at 18:48

Garmin question here. Got the 910xt and did a brick session today so decided to put it on multisport plus transition. Everything worked absolutely fine but when I downloaded the information it came up as 3 seperate things that I had done. Shouldn't it have come up as 3 sports but just 1 activity. I'd have to add the totals up to see how long it all took. I'm sure I've done something wrong somewhere

Running Postie    pirate
27/01/2013 at 19:18
14.6 miles run today, wet and slushy at time average 9.20 min mile in z1/2
Mr StOat    pirate
27/01/2013 at 19:31
Snail - if you go into history on the watch, doesn't it give you the total there. Garmin connect may just upload it as 3 separate things.
Doner Kebab    pirate
27/01/2013 at 19:53

or you could go into garmin connect and go into' reports' then  'all activities' for 'today' to give a total time 

Cortina5    pirate
27/01/2013 at 21:02

Can you cycle home, or is it too far?

Nurse Ratched    pirate
27/01/2013 at 22:53

Fingers crossed for you all for Wednesday Pixie

seren nos    pirate
28/01/2013 at 08:31

the plan is just a rough guide EP and its fine to rearrange to fit around circumstances.....

was going to get out on the bike but hubby texted that there is black ice out.......

My back is still sore so debating whether to run/ swim or go back to bed

Nurse Ratched    pirate
28/01/2013 at 09:12

Pixie, I juggle my Fink days around all the time to fit in with my shifts, hubby's shifts and childcare.  The one bit I make a point of trying to stick to is doing the long run the day after the long bike.  Otherwise, it's about getting the training hours into the week (and any extra biking I can squeeze in).

seren nos wrote (see)

My back is still sore so debating whether to run/ swim or go back to bed

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.............let me think......................

Britrisky    pirate
28/01/2013 at 12:37

After 4 days of almost nothing with swollen ankle tried 30 min on turbo yesterday and no pain, so will swim and turbo today and then brick tomorrow. If the 15 min run is ok, I reckon I'll be back to full training after that ... fingers crossed

28/01/2013 at 18:39

Thanks. Both of those worked with the garmin.

I hate hills

Went for a long bike ride today without really planning where I was going. Never climbed so many hills in all my life then got lost then at some point decided to go back the way I'd come and when I got to the nearest big town, took the direct route home minus 1 last mega hill which I know I'd have had to walk up.

Quite pleased now that I'm back because it was good mental practise. There was many a time when I kept saying to myself ok, just want to be home now, I could call a cab. (only I couldn't coz I didn't know where I was)

Britrisky    pirate
28/01/2013 at 20:04
Great training in mental toughness, SS - well done!
29/01/2013 at 08:22

Today's just turned into a rest day. Can't believe how tired I am. When I was cooking dinner last night I kept thinking - well if that bike ride was Outlaw, I'd still be running a marathon now

sweetfeet...    pirate
29/01/2013 at 08:46

Stay cool TEP. Sounds like the training is a good stress-reliever at the moment. Do whatever relaxes you. Good luck for your dads results.

I've thought of locking my wife out before but never locking her in.

29/01/2013 at 10:07

Hi all...
Bit of a noob question if you dont mind....

Outlaw will be my first full IM... did a half last year in sub 5 (tho course was bit short), and didn't follow any plan - just got out and trained the disciplines as much as I thought I needed to - with paces adapted to work hard at times and allow for recovery or other training sessions without being fatigued.

So onto IM... and with the half feeling like a long olympic - this felt like a whole different game so picked up the Fink plan.
Now up till end of Dec I'd never used HR monitor, so just went on effort to judge my training. So now I've got to grips with my HR a bit and comparing it to Fink's plan - I'm clearly training very different.

98% of his plan seems to be in zone 2... all my turbo sessions are going through zones 3, 4 and 5.

I've got achilles issue at minute so just getting back into running - but I suspect my runs too will be way off zone 2.

I'm finding it very difficult to comprehend how this zone 2 is going to give me the strength and endurance to "race" the 112 miles at the pace I want.

I appreciate it uses different energy sources ... but again on the race day, I wouldnt expect to be using those fat reserves till I hit the run.

Be gratefull for any advice as to why I should be training in this zone.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.