741 to 760 of 3,129 messages
Nurse Ratched    pirate
24/01/2013 at 08:00

Sorry to hear that EP

Tired Badger    pirate
24/01/2013 at 09:17

as above EP sorry to hear,

24/01/2013 at 10:16

EP very sorry to hear about your Dad but well done on the speedy Turbo session.

I've manage 2 x 1hr swims, Im supposed to be doing Fink but can never rememeber the drills so I did 1hr club swim which was arm drills and speed work and this morning I did my 1hr zombie swim. I'm starting to really enjoy my zombie swims.

Nurse Ratched    pirate
24/01/2013 at 12:38

Brit - I tried fins for the first time yesterday and it completely threw me. It felt very unnatural.  Suppose it's just something else to get used to!

seren nos    pirate
24/01/2013 at 12:41

I failed on my swim today.got out after 30 mins as my back and shoulders were hurting too much................spent the extra time in the sauna then did yoga........

24/01/2013 at 13:01

Asthe others have said sorry to hear your news EP.

24/01/2013 at 13:38

managed a 40 min turbo this AM, running tomorrow. Yeah!

24/01/2013 at 13:43

Hello all

I haven't been on the forum for a few weeks  - sounds like everyone is doing really well in their training though.  It is such a challenging time of year.  I keep reminding myself that when Spring comes it'll be so much easier!

I am really impressed that people are managing to do upwards of 2 hours on the turbo.  I have been sacking the road bike and going mountain biking instead.  I am not sure how well that works but I have been trying to do less technical routes where I end up pedalling for most of the time. 

I am doing the Strathpuffer this weekend - not sure it was the best idea to enter when I am traning for an Ironman but at least it will switch things up a bit!  I am doing it in a quad so it hopefully won't be too bad...

Anyone else heading up here to Scotland for it?

24/01/2013 at 14:13

EP - really sorry to hear your news.

Training going well this week so far:

Tuesday: 1 hr run

Wednesday: Brick Session (40 mins turbo plus 25 min run)

Going out later for a long MTB ride as we've still got a fair bit of ice/slush up here. Am aiming for an hour and a half

Haven't had chance to get to the pool yet so will go tomorrow morning and then do my run at lunchtime

Keep at it folks!

IronCat5    pirate
24/01/2013 at 16:11

Sorry for your news EP. Chin up and keep us posted.

24/01/2013 at 17:00

Had a severe case of CBA today.

No training done at all

The Evil Pixie    pirate
24/01/2013 at 19:47

Ladies and gents too I guess.

After 90mins of the turbo today I was a tad tender and wondered what is recommended!?!

I've used body glide before to prevent bra chaffage is that the best to use or is there something better?

Britrisky    pirate
24/01/2013 at 20:00

Have you tried the Shock Absorber Ultimate Dry? It isn't quite the concrete hold of the Run version, but its lovely to wear, and is specially designed for, well, sports that give a greater glow 

seren nos    pirate
24/01/2013 at 20:15

for my first ironman I used to place a lot ofr vaseline down inside my shorts.....and uit definitely helped.......now i've just HTFU 

IronCat5    pirate
24/01/2013 at 21:48

EP, I only have experience from the male POV, but I remember posting a similar question last year when hitting the longer bike rides. The general answer was don't sweat the small stuff, and HTFU. The small print said that you'll get used to it.

I guess turboing is more static that road biking, where you may move a lot more often and readjust without noticing. And you will get used to it and your body will HTFU.

Seren's comments remind me of the large pot of vaseline I unveiled in T2 at Outlaw. Suddenly I was surrounded by men and women dipping their hands in. Double dipping in some cases

Nurse Ratched    pirate
24/01/2013 at 21:54

What happens at Outlaw stays at Outlaw.........................

Nurse Ratched    pirate
24/01/2013 at 21:56

1hr run on treadmill this afternoon. 

Blister 

Doner Kebab    pirate
24/01/2013 at 22:00

On the turbo i try and get out the saddle for a few seconds at the end of every mile after the first 20 minutes, you dont need long, jsut stand up, do a few pedals and re-seat, you normally sit in a very slightly different way and it helps prolong the numbness. when i say i try, what i actually mean is most of the time i ride it out for about an hour until i have to stand. On the road - is easier for me as sweat evaporates = less friction = more comfort and maybe get up every 15 minutes if i been seated for a while. I tried creams and stuff but took the advice of FB and just got used to it. 

IronCat5    pirate
24/01/2013 at 22:04
Doner Kebab wrote (see)

I tried creams and stuff but took the advice of FB and just got used to it. 

'Twas he who penned the above sage advice.

VT'd    pirate
24/01/2013 at 22:22

Have to admit that I double dipped in that tub Cat.  I'm sure I returned the favour by passing you a handful of cashew nuts that you gladly acceted .

Oh how the karma has treated me now .

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.