Fink for outlaw 2013

841 to 860 of 3,129 messages
Running Postie    pirate
01/02/2013 at 16:59
MW I'm in the same camp as DK and cat. I kept in my tempo and interval for bike and run, mainly because it goes against the grain to both increase distance and speed at the same time, a recipe for burn out or even worse stress fracture/ injury.
seren nos    pirate
01/02/2013 at 17:05

managed my second swim this morning........pool was too warm and so my swimming was slower.i really can't work efficiently if i get too warm in any sport

IronCat5    pirate
01/02/2013 at 17:24

Not swimming tonight. Today was a pseudo-rest day, just a 3km leg stretch with some 60s and 100m pickups. First du of the year tomorrow, so spent some time in a car park working out the elastic band - shoe thing. All good so far...

I'll keep saying it, this is my short year!

seren nos    pirate
01/02/2013 at 17:29

have fun in the morning

01/02/2013 at 17:55

Double day today, 13 miles TT in the bike this morning, knocked 1 min off my last time. Followed by a 10 mile run a few hours later. My heart rate on the run seemed to go high very easily, does anyone else find that on a double day their HR is higher on the second outing or is it just me wanting to take it easy and go slower?

Britrisky    pirate
01/02/2013 at 19:01
Joined the 2 1/2 hour turbo club today - dead chuffed with myself.
The Evil Pixie    pirate
03/02/2013 at 20:09

*waves*

Parents are SO annoying.

Despite a weekend at parent's I'm not really any the wiser as to dad's health. I think it's a case of contain instead of cure for his prostate cancer and hope it doesn't spread but it is very likely. Dad has gone into a shell and isn't talking. He's already started a course of drugs which are designed to controll the hormone levels and prepare for radiotherapy which is several months off.

In the meantime I'm going to train with more focus than before as I now have to make him proud (as well as raise some money for Macmillan)

All sessions done last week (very proud of myself for that!) and now planning how to tackle this week.

Oh and in other news the HS2 goes within meters of our house  and cuts across "my" field that takes me on my XC runs

The Evil Pixie    pirate
03/02/2013 at 20:51

hmmm just been reminded that I entered the Ballot for the ride london thingy which is on the 4th August. Find out thurs (approx) if I'm in but looks like the odds are higher than VLM as with 24hrs before the entries closed they had 50k entries and there is 20K places.

Guess I will have to keep moving after outlaw if I get in!

IronCat5    pirate
03/02/2013 at 21:14

Sorry to hear about the weekend EP.

I am also in the ballot for the London ride. Forgot all about it...

04/02/2013 at 12:01

Managed a full weeks training last week I've only managed that 3 weeks out of 8 so far so must do better.

More new shoes purchased on Friday as I've worn the heel out on my last pair already. Bad me.

This weeks looks good so far but then it always does on a rest day, I'm just hoping the snow doesn't make a re-appreance. I was actually cold on yesterdays run which is a first.

The Evil Pixie    pirate
04/02/2013 at 12:46

must stop eating

45 mins turbo done

run/swim tomorrow

04/02/2013 at 18:08

Britsky - well done on the 2 1/2 hours on turbo. I'm hoping not to join that club

I've also entered the ballot for the London ride but I'm seriously hoping I don't get in. Can't think what made me think I'd like to do another 100mile ride so soon

Well another long bike ride for me today. I'm hoping my neck will get used to being in a strange position. It still aches now and my butt hurts and why do my feet always go numb? It's not just cold it's actual numbness for the majority of the ride and I couldn't feel them when I'd finished. Very difficult to run on.

The Evil Pixie    pirate
05/02/2013 at 21:23

*yawn* tired but not sleeping so hoping todays 30mins AM run and 45mins PM swim will help tonight.

Not sure if I will do my LSR (75mins) or brick tomorrow.

Question ... what if I missed my brick but added a run to my long bike ride? Would  that be OK? I'm struggling with the duvet at present as it's taking so long to fall asleep getting up is hard work!

IronCat5    pirate
05/02/2013 at 21:32

Hi EP, I used to do something similar. I'd do an hour bike Wednesday, then 45 min bike Thursday before an hour run with my club.

Would you miss the bike tomorrow or just the run? The run is only 15 minutes....

The Evil Pixie    pirate
05/02/2013 at 21:39

I was thinking of doing my LSR tomorrow taking thursday as a rest or just swim

then doing a bike only friday and saturday doing a long bike and then straight off the bike and run to get the paper thereby giving myself 2 days off this week.

Going home last weekend (2x 2.5hrs driving) + emotions + uncertainty is playing havoc with my sleep.

My head likes facts so I can process stuff and I'm not getting facts just vague stuff and it's not helping me process what's going on with dad

IronCat5    pirate
05/02/2013 at 21:44

{{{EP}}}

I hope you can get some headspace with the LSR tomorrow. I had a lot of mental tiredness during my training and it was hard to get out but I knew I had to. I'm not sure I could do the same in your position.

Do what you can - but if you are not sleeping then be careful as you may end up overtraining.

sweetfeet...    pirate
05/02/2013 at 22:04

EP a short run off a long bike is a very good IM prep session and would certainly go a long way to replacing the missed short brick session mid week.

TBH where your head is at the moment I wouldnt worry too much about it. You need sleep recovery too or the training load will fatigue you so gaining another lie-in and adding a run to a long bike sounds emminently sensible.

The Evil Pixie    pirate
06/02/2013 at 06:30

only just got up having had alarm go off at 4.45! Yesterdays double helped  so today is now a rest day

thanks for the advice

06/02/2013 at 09:20

EP Sounds like a good plan to me as well and glad you got some kip this morning.

I went an saw the local sports physio chap yesterday, for the first time I got him to look at my neck and back. Owww so much wrong with it but it feels so much better now. I hadn't realised how hunched over I was. Got some stretches to do to try and keep it from getting that bad again.

So my lesson is, it's not all about the legs!

06/02/2013 at 12:56

EP if it takes an hour and a half to get up after the alarm then your body is telling you you've done the right thing. Sleep. Very important. 

Ali Bear does your neck just hurt generally or is it because of spending time on your road bike? My neck was achy/sore/hurt on one side after my bike ride. Don't know whether to see sports physio or sports massage person.

Also does anyone get numb feet after riding? I get it whether on the turbo or outside.

Another swim swum. Only going to be 1 this week. Can't believe how much my arms ache. They should be getting used to it by now I think I'm going to end up looking like popeye

Actually, I think I ache everywhere. Better order my wheelchair for the 8th July!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.